Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 866
» Latest member: RobertCraro
» Forum threads: 1,853
» Forum posts: 13,426

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FNF Virtual - Oct 25, 202...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: matt-the-wizard
4 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 43
Tyche's Live - Oct 19 - P...
Forum: Tyche's Games
Last Post: matt-the-wizard
4 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 97
Dragon Star Gameday PFS 2...
Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies
Last Post: dougl319
10-08-2024, 01:20 PM
» Views: 79
FNF Virtual - Sept 27, 20...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: Tiffany H.
09-27-2024, 09:23 AM
» Views: 118
2024-10-27 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
Last Post: TheMaskedFerret
09-21-2024, 08:05 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
2024-10-05 First Saturday...
Forum: TCF Gaming Arena
09-21-2024, 08:01 PM
» Views: 31
2024-09-22 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
09-21-2024, 07:57 PM
» Views: 16
2024-10-29 Tuesday 6:00pm...
Forum: Level Up Games - Duluth
09-21-2024, 07:55 PM
» Views: 385
2024-10-22 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:54 PM
» Views: 505
2024-10-15 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:53 PM
» Views: 106

Starfinder Elemental
Posted by: mttorka - 08-23-2017, 09:43 AM - Forum: Post Your Pick-up Games Here - No Replies

I will be running the Starfinder Quests starting at noon on Sunday August 27th, at Elemental Games in Dallas. Sign up on their Forum please.

Print this item

Starfinder Quests
Posted by: Rlockwood - 08-22-2017, 06:22 PM - Forum: General Starfinder Discussion - Replies (2)

When is the next time these will be offered?  Can we do them in one time slot?

Print this item

Star Starfinder Commonly Misunderstood Rules
Posted by: liamfisher - 08-22-2017, 03:25 PM - Forum: General Starfinder Discussion - Replies (22)

Pg 102 - solarion stellar mode.  Solarions gain their first attunement point in the same round they chose Photon or Graviton mode.  They
do not gain attunment points in combat if they are "Unattuned"

NPC starships have all of the stats figured into them.  Player starships do not and the players will have to add the appropriate skills.

Print this item

Manuel's STARFINDER day, Wednesday Sept 27th
Posted by: Dan C. - 08-22-2017, 02:48 PM - Forum: Manuel's Tavern - Replies (25)

After trying out Starfinder at GenCon, I've found it to be quite fun and, a breath of fresh air.  I would like to add a second day at Manuel's, solely for Starfinder Society but, I want to gauge the interest before doing so.  It just so happens that I'll be out of town during September's game day so, Bart and Liam have offered to run the first actual Starfinder scenario.  If the interest is there, I'll add a second game day starting in October...

#1-01  The Commencement (Levels 1-2)  GMs:  Bart, Liam, Jim
1.  Josh
2.  Haller
3.  Seth
4.  Tiff
5.  Andrew
6.  Lisa
7.  Travis
9.  Jenn
10.  Kae
11.  Philip
12.  Jacob
13.  Jason
14.  Shaw
15.  Winn
16.  Dot
17.  Mike R.

The Commencement is a great place to start, as for the most part it's First Steps Part IV and is replayable.  I would highly recommend that if you make your own character, to take your time and ask as many questions as possible as there are differences between PFS and SFS.  Bart, Liam, and myself are great resources and we'd be happy to answer any questions that you might have.  And, as mentioned previously, if there is interest, will continue with 1-02 and so on. 

We play in the Eagle's Nest, which is to the left of the front door, back behind the curtain!

Print this item

Game Day, September 17, 2017
Posted by: Nashoba - 08-22-2017, 11:18 AM - Forum: Elemental Games - Replies (4)

The third Sunday of the month, Georgia Pathfinder Society, Atlanta Branch, has a game day at Elemental Comics and Games.  

This month, we are offering the following.

slot 1 2:00pm-7:00pm
7–14—Faithless and Forgotten, Part 1: Let Bygones Be
Level 1-5
Ever since the tragedy at Delvehaven decades ago, the infernal empire Cheliax has rarely allowed Pathfinders to explore its many ruins and archaeological treasures—even then only after its recently disenfranchised liaison Zarta Dralneen fought for that privilege. Cheliax has once again extended its hand to the Society, inviting its agents to investigate an abandoned keep that dates back to the Chelish civil war. It's up to the PCs to navigate the Corentyn's streets and politics as they uncover the buried past and lay the foundation for a new partnership with a one-time foe.
gm:josh
Player1:James
Player2:Will
Player3:Katherine
Player4:Lime
Player5:
Player6:

Elemental Comics & Games Llc is located at:
780 Paulding Plaza
Dallas, GA 30132
678-217-5728

Print this item

SF Logo Dragon Star Game Day, September 10th - STARFINDER 12pm -5pm
Posted by: jim h. - 08-21-2017, 08:23 PM - Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies - Replies (13)

Dragon Star Hobbies is the place to be on most 2nd and 4th Sundays with the occasional Saturday Special thrown in.

Please show Dragon Star some love with your patronage for exciting in game effects or display your genuine Paizo/Pathfinder swag and get a re-roll.

1040 Gaines School Rd #113, Athens, GA 30605

Event Code65,895

THIS SUNDAY WE WILL BE TRYING THE NEW STARFINDER RULES.  PREGENS WILL BE PROVIDED.

#1-01: The Commencement  (1-2) GM: Jim and Tiffany
This is an Evergreen scenario, and can be replayed at level 1.  
Players:
1. Douglas  
2. Robert
3. Eric
4. Kathy
5. Smalley

6. Amber
7. Scott
8. Kristi-- Envoy-2
9.Sebastian-- Operative-1
10.John-- Mechanic-1
11.Jason

Those new to the Starfinder Society are free to bring a character made under the SFS rules or to simply come and play one of the pre-generated characters that we will have at the event.   

If you would like to participate, please reply to this post with: your name (color commentary is also encouraged).  Walk-ins are welcome and we will always do our best to accommodate, but if you reserve a slot you will be guaranteed a spot to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send them to me (Jim H.) on the forum

Print this item

Dragon Star Game Day, August 27th 12pm -5pm
Posted by: jim h. - 08-21-2017, 08:17 PM - Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies - Replies (6)

Dragon Star Hobbies is the place to be on most 2nd and 4th Sundays with the occasional Saturday Special thrown in.

Please show Dragon Star some love with your patronage for exciting in game effects or display your genuine Paizo/Pathfinder swag and get a re-roll.

1040 Gaines School Rd #113, Athens, GA 30605

Event Code65,895

For August 27,  2017 we offer two tables of pathfinder goodness.  An old standby and the last of season 8, just in time...

#8-24: Raid on the Cloudborne Keep (5-9)  GM: Jim.
Players:
1.  Douglas - Bard 8 or Alchemist 6
2.  Eric - Something
3.  Steve - Something
4.  Dave B. - Stable
5.  Tiff - Something 8/9
6.  Kathy - Pregen 7

Those new to the Pathfinder Society are free to bring a character made under the PFS rules or to simply come and play one of the pre-generated characters that we will have at the event.   

If you would like to participate, please reply to this post with: your name, the scenario you would like to play, your character class, and your level (color commentary is also encouraged).  Walk-ins are welcome and we will always do our best to accommodate, but if you reserve a slot you will be guaranteed a spot to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here or  send them to me (Jim H.) on the forum

Print this item

Newbie's Barbarian
Posted by: Karrothesus - 08-20-2017, 05:20 PM - Forum: Character Advice - Replies (6)

I'm fairly new to Pathfinder and have tried to create a level 2 Barbarian (using Hero Lab), and would like input on my build. I do not have a backstory for the character yet and am open to suggestions as I'm still new to the lore of the world. Any suggestions that you can give me about the stats and abilities would be fantastic, thank you!
Character Sheet

Print this item

Notes From the Trenches - Pitfalls, Mistakes, and How To Avoid Them
Posted by: pgfrix - 08-20-2017, 09:13 AM - Forum: General Starfinder Discussion - Replies (14)

Hey, all - I wanted to start a thread to record rules foibles in the interest of making sure table knowledge evolves into institutional knowledge.  From my professional experience, establishing good habits is a sufficiently difficult task that you don't need to compound it with undoing bad habits, so...let's make sure the bad habits don't get established to begin with.

To that end, let's start with -

- 'Monster' Ship Stat Blocks already have their full modifiers computed based on their stock crew; computing AC and TL is something *players* do (because, hypothetically at least, those pilots can actually vary in skill ranks).

- "Balance" Shields action is a misnomer; the shield points can be allocated to quadrants however the SciOf wishes, so long as the minimum values are maintained.

- Ships, by definition, face a hex edge; if correctly arranged, four of the six vertices of a ship's hex mark the quadrants of the ship, and the edges of the adjoining hexes allow you to project the quadrant boundaries outward.

- The engineer (or maybe the captain?) is the probably the most logical candidate to track shields and damage for PCs, IMO.

Print this item

Filling out a Starfinder chronicle sheet.
Posted by: Edward McGee - 08-19-2017, 10:44 PM - Forum: General Starfinder Discussion - No Replies

There was confusion about the extra space at the bottom of the chronicle sheet. Turns out the answer is in the guide and it is simpler then we thought.

The 4 lines are for the player to fill in any factions they gained reputation with during that scenario. In the first space next to that line the player puts their current amount of reparation with that faction at the start of the scenario. In the second space the GM puts how much reputation they gained.

So for example. Say for your first adventure you slotted the faction champion for the Dataphiles. On the first line you would put Dataphiles. In the first space besides it you would pit 0 as you have 0 reputation with them. If you earn 2 fame that adventure the GM would put a 2 in the space behind the 0 showing that you gained 2 reputation with the dataphiles.

Then let's say you played 1-03 next which contributes to the Wayfinder faction. You would write Dataphiles in the first line and your current reputation of 2. In the next line down you would put the Wayfinder faction and your current reputation of 0. The GM would put a 2 next to your reputation in the Dataphiles because you earned 2 fame and a 1 next to Wayfinders because the mission mattered to them. If you instead decided to champion the Wayfinder that scenario you would earn a total of 3 reputation with them.

So for those of us who played 2 Starfinder games at Giga today you would put

For 1-00 Name of the faction you want to champion 0|2

Then for Into the Unknown Name of faction you champion and if it is the same as the first slot 2|2

And the next time you play that character assuming you don't spend 2 fame to champion an extra faction you would put
Chosen faction 4|fame gained

Hope that helped.

Print this item