Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 866
» Latest member: RobertCraro
» Forum threads: 1,853
» Forum posts: 13,426

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FNF Virtual - Oct 25, 202...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: matt-the-wizard
6 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 45
Tyche's Live - Oct 19 - P...
Forum: Tyche's Games
Last Post: matt-the-wizard
6 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 102
Dragon Star Gameday PFS 2...
Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies
Last Post: dougl319
10-08-2024, 01:20 PM
» Views: 84
FNF Virtual - Sept 27, 20...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: Tiffany H.
09-27-2024, 09:23 AM
» Views: 118
2024-10-27 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
Last Post: TheMaskedFerret
09-21-2024, 08:05 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
2024-10-05 First Saturday...
Forum: TCF Gaming Arena
09-21-2024, 08:01 PM
» Views: 31
2024-09-22 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
09-21-2024, 07:57 PM
» Views: 17
2024-10-29 Tuesday 6:00pm...
Forum: Level Up Games - Duluth
09-21-2024, 07:55 PM
» Views: 385
2024-10-22 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:54 PM
» Views: 505
2024-10-15 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:53 PM
» Views: 106

Starfinder @ Titan Duluth on Wednesday, August 23rd @ 7:00pm
Posted by: TheMaskedFerret - 08-03-2017, 08:36 AM - Forum: Post Your Pick-up Games Here - Replies (26)

I need some practice running Starfinder for Dragon*Con. Would anyone be interested in coming out to Titan Games and Comics in Duluth on Wednesday to let me practice on you?

Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Time: 7:00pm - 11:00pm
Event Number: 155317
Place:
     Titan Games and Comics Duluth
     2131 Pleasant Hill Rd #129
      Duluth, GA 30096
      http://www.titangamesandcomics.com/?page_id=2

Scenario: 
Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Quest: Into the Unknown
A series of five Starfinder Quests designed for 1st-level characters.

When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.
"Into the Unknown" includes five, 1-hour adventures that take the PCs from exploring Absalom Station, to partaking in starship combat, to exploring an alien world. The fifth adventure in the series provides a stunning conclusion that takes the PC's previous accomplishments into account for a climactic final showdown against an enemy starship.

I will provide pregenerated characters, if needed.

Scenario: 
Starfinder Society Scenario #1-00: Claim to Salvation
A Starfinder Society Scenario Special designed for 4th-level pregenerated characters.

Following the disastrous Scoured Stars Incident, the Starfinder Society fights to remain relevant as the rest of the galaxy moves on. With surviving agents stretched to their limits, the First Seeker launches a desperate bid to search the false moon of Salvation's End. Will the mission reveal a discovery that can stabilize the Society long enough for a new generation of Starfinders to come to the fore? Players use 4th-level versions of the Starfinder iconic characters in this debut special event of the Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild.

This is a scenario with 4th level pregenerated characters. I will provide copies.

GM: Glen Parnell
Player 1: Uncle Dredd
Player 2: Dave B.
Player 3: Doonamis
Player 4:

I am open for up to 7 players, depending on what the to-be-released Guide to Organized Play says.

Print this item

1st Level Bonus Feat
Posted by: Todd Que - 08-03-2017, 08:09 AM - Forum: General Pathfinder 1.0 Discussion - Replies (4)

So, I've got a question about Bonus Feats and Multiclassing...

Let's say I've got a 1st Level Rogue who's a Human.  He would get 1 Feat for 1st Level.  He would get a second Feat for being Human.  OK...I understand that part.

But let's say at 2nd Level, I wanted to multiclass and pick up a level in Ranger.
I know I would get 1 Feat for 1st Level.  
Here's my question...Do I get another "bonus" Feat for being Human?

Print this item

Brick Dragon Star Game Day: August 13th 12pm -5pm
Posted by: jim h. - 08-02-2017, 06:28 PM - Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies - Replies (13)

Dragon Star Hobbies is the place to be on most 2nd and 4th Sundays with the occasional Saturday Special thrown in.

Please show Dragon Star some love with your patronage for exciting in game effects or display your genuine Paizo/Pathfinder swag and get a re-roll.

1040 Gaines School Rd #113, Athens, GA 30605

Event Code65,895

For August 13, 2017 we'll run the final Season 2 Scenario for levels 7-11:

#2-26: The Mantis's Prey 7-11  GM: Jim H. and Dave B.
Players:
1.  Steve - Something
2.  Robert -  Sorcerer 11 or Kineticist 9

3.  Eric - Paladin or Pirate 10
4.  Douglas - Bard 8 or Ranger 9
5.  Rob - Something
6.  Reggie - Alchemist 11/monquisitor11/inquistor 11/samurai 10

7. Andy - Fighter 10
8. Kathy - Pregen 7
9. Tiffany - Psychic 10
10. Scott - Boltquisitor 10

Those new to the Pathfinder Society are free to bring a character made under the PFS rules or to simply come and play one of the pre-generated characters that we will have at the event.   

If you would like to participate, please reply to this post with: your name, the scenario you would like to play, your character class, and your level (color commentary is also encouraged).  Walk-ins are welcome and we will always do our best to accommodate, but if you reserve a slot you will be guaranteed a spot to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send them to me (Jim H.) on the forum.

Print this item

Looking for non-pfs game in Athens
Posted by: kysharr - 08-02-2017, 03:31 PM - Forum: Post Your Pick-up Games Here - No Replies

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I'm looking to join a game outside of the society gameplay. If anyone is planning on running a game, campaign or otherwise in the Athens area, I would be interested!

Print this item

Bones 4 KS campaign is here!
Posted by: crobledo - 08-01-2017, 04:36 PM - Forum: General Pathfinder 1.0 Discussion - Replies (2)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/151...escription

est delivery Feb 2019... yikes. Just a few months longer than last time but youd think they are getting better at this.

Print this item

Rainbow Athens After Dark August 8, 2017 (6:30pm-11:30pm)
Posted by: Tiffany H. - 07-31-2017, 09:43 AM - Forum: Athens After Dark at Little Kings' - Replies (9)

Athens After Dark hears the mermaids singing, each to each, at Little Kings, a great downtown venue.

We intend to run one session (possibly with multiple tables) - usually on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at Little Kings Shuffle Club from 6:30pm-11:30pm.  Little Kings has been a very gracious host for more than 3 years running, so please show them your patronage.

Little Kings Shuffle Club
223 W Hancock Ave
Athens, GA ‎30603

Buy drinks, responsibly, from the bar or display your genuine Paizo/Pathfinder swag and get a re-roll.

For August 8, 2017 we offer the first scenario from 3-part Season 8 arc for levels 1-5:

#8-08—Tyranny of Winds, Part 1: The Sandstorm Prophecy (1st-5th)  GM: Tiffany H.
Players:
1. DaveB - Spiritualist ?

2. Douglas - Swashbuckler 4
3. Eric - Witch 3
4. Jim H. - Occultist 4
5. Kristi - Rogue/Wizard 2
6. Reggie - Summoner 2 or Wizard 5

Waitlist:

Those new to the Pathfinder Society are free to bring a character made under the PFS rules or to simply come and play one of the pre-generated characters that we will have at the event.   

If you would like to participate, please reply to this post with: your name, the scenario you would like to play, your character class, and your level (color commentary is also encouraged).  Walk-ins are welcome and we will always do our best to accommodate, but if you reserve a slot you will be guaranteed a spot to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send them to me (Tiffany H.) on the forum.

Print this item

SFS / PFS Game Day 9/9
Posted by: huntsfromshadow - 07-31-2017, 07:53 AM - Forum: Heroic Gaming - Replies (7)

On the second Saturday of the month, we will be hosting a SFS / PFS Game at the Heroic Gaming store in Roswell, Georgia. Heroic Gaming is a kid-friendly, family-oriented gaming space.

The store is located at:
4651 Woodstock Road, Suite 205, Roswell GA 30075.

The store's phone number is 770-709-4376.

This month the game day will occur on 9/9. This event is cross-posted on Meet Up at: TBD
and also cross-posted on Facebook at: (SFS)https://www.facebook.com/events/265858553917982 (PFS)https://www.facebook.com/events/1703616076600090

Location Fee: This venue charges $5 per game for participation in organized play events; this amount is included in the table totals for the Retailer Incentive Program.

If you would like to reserve a slot for one of these games, please respond by noting:

Scenario you want to play
Real Name
Character Class
Character Level

If you have any questions, please either post below or email Luke Mc (huntsfromshadow @ gmail . com).

Starfinder
Event Code: TBD
Slot Time: Noon to 5 PM
Scenario: #1-01: The Commencement PDF

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-2.

All Starfinders complete their training by conferring with Guidance—a network of uploaded personalities embodying paragons from the Starfinder Society's history. Before receiving the blessing of Guidance, the PCs must meet with and assist critical missions on behalf of key leaders of the Society's leading factions. With the events of the Scoured Stars Incident still fresh in everyone's memory, there's plenty that needs doing to set the Society back on track.

GM: Luke
Players:

• Martin F (Reserved on Meetup)
  • Chuck C (Reserved on Facebook)
  • Jon L Operative 1
  • Bradley Wayne (Reserved on Facebook)
  • Open
  • Open
GM: Martin
Players:
  • Perry 
  • Jonathan Spamer (Jon S.) (Reserved on Facebook & Meetup)
  • Tony Bourdon (Reserved on Facebook)
  • Beau Grant (Reserved on Meetup)
  • Open
  • Open

Waitlist

Pathfinder
Due to lack of intrest and lack of GM the Pathfinder slot for the day has been canceled.  
We will pick back up at the October slot.

Print this item

Let's discuss Starfinder stat arrays.
Posted by: Edward McGee - 07-31-2017, 04:16 AM - Forum: General Starfinder Discussion - Replies (9)

Starfinder will use a different character building method then Pathfinder.
It works like this.

All stats start at 10.
You add your racial bonuses. +2/+2/-2 seems to be the norm.
You pick a theme. Each theme adds +1 to a specific stat.
You then have a pool of 10 points to improve your stats on a 1 for 1 basis.
No stat can start higher then 18.
You can lower stats but get nothing for it.

Here is an example. A Shirren Mystic Priest.
Shirren get +2 to Wisdom, +2 to Constitution, -2 to Charisma.

Mystic has Wisdom as it's key ability score effecting the saves of it's class abilities, spells, and it's Resolve pool.

And I'm just assuming Priest is tied to Wisdom.

So we get starting stats of
Str 10
Dex 10
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 13
Cha 8

Mystic gets 6 skill points per level and has many charisma based skills. They can use simple weapons and wear light armor.
So I want high Wis and decent Con and Cha.

So let's spend points like so.

Str 10
Dex 10
Con 14 (2 points)
Int 10
Wis 18 (5 points)
Cha 11 (3 points)

Every 5 levels you get to improve 4 stats of your choice. If the stat is a 17 or higher you increase it by 1 point. If the stat is 16 or lower you increase it by 2 points. (Items that improve stats are not calculated in.)
So at 5th level I might do the following.

Str 10
Dex 12 (+2)
Con 16 (+2)
Int 10
Wis 19 (+1)
Cha 13 (+2)

And at 10th level

Str 10
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 18 (+2)
Int 10
Wis 20 (+1)
Cha 15 (+2)

Stats provide the same bonuses as in Pathfinder so an odd number has no benefit other then maybe qualifying for a feat.
And obviously you want to get mileage out of adding +2 to lower stats.

So is there some ideal arrays?
One suggestion I have heard is to go the SAD route of putting 2 - 4 points in your secondary stat, 6 points in your primary, and maybe 2 in a 3rd. Before the theme bonus.
So for example we ignore theme and start with 12/12/10/10/10/8 and bump that to 18/14/12/10/10/8 and increase the 18,14,12, and a 10 at both 5th and 10th level.

The +1 from theme actually has no real effect on the stats since adding +2 to a 16 or +1 t a 17 gets the same result. Which is nice because it allows complete freedom in theme choice. I chose Priest in my example but the math would be the same no matter what theme I chose.

Print this item

Giga-Bites September 16th 2017 Game Day - New PFS and SFS!
Posted by: Daniel H - 07-30-2017, 10:12 AM - Forum: Giga-Bites Cafe - Replies (36)

Here at Giga-Bites cafe, we host tables of Pathfinder Society every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. Here is the line-up fo September 16th, 2017 at Giga-Bites.

Starfinder is out! Have you played it yet? Pregens only? Well we have the first original character scenario in conjunction with some new Pathfinder for anyone who hasn't been to Dragoncon.

This event does provide GM boons and a chance to win player boons through the Regional Support Program!

Slot 1 - 11:00 AM
Starfinder Scenario: SF#1-01 The Commencement (Levels 1-2 Evergreen)
GM: Liam, Bart
Players:
  1. Abraham
  2. Edward
  3. Jon
  4. Daniel
  5. Rlockwood
  6. Rob
  7. Andrew
  8. Loki
  9. Lee

Waitlist:

Slot 2 - 4:30 PM

Pathfinder Scenario: #9-01 The Cost of Enlightenment (Levels 1-5)
GM: Bart, Daniel
Players:
  1. Abraham
  2. Edward
  3. Andrew
  4. Rob
  5. TimD
  6. Kerney
  7. Jon
  8. Katherine
  9. Will

Please Note:
If you would like to reserve a slot for one of these scenarios, please respond below saying which scenario you want to play, your name, your character class, and your level. You don't need to reserve a slot, but it will guarantee you a spot to play. As our game days grow, it is becoming increasingly important to sign up ahead of time. With ample warning (such as signing up at least three days before the event), we may be able to increase the number of tables being run.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post below or send me a forum message!

Giga-Bites Cafe
1803 Roswell Rd, STE 1851
Marietta, GA, 30062

Event Code 83054

Print this item

HMGS Hurricon - Orlando, FL - 9/28 - 10/1
Posted by: pgfrix - 07-27-2017, 09:54 PM - Forum: Conventions - No Replies

Hi all -

I'll be driving to Orlando to volunteer at HMGS Hurricon 2017:

https://tabletop.events/conventions/hurricon-2017

Give me a PM if anyone's interested in tagging along for a carpool.

Print this item