Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 866
» Latest member: RobertCraro
» Forum threads: 1,853
» Forum posts: 13,424

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FNF Virtual - Oct 25, 202...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: Seriph
1 hour ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 36
Tyche's Live - Oct 19 - P...
Forum: Tyche's Games
Last Post: dougl319
Yesterday, 01:21 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 86
Dragon Star Gameday PFS 2...
Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies
Last Post: dougl319
Yesterday, 01:20 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 69
FNF Virtual - Sept 27, 20...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: Tiffany H.
09-27-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 118
2024-10-27 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
Last Post: TheMaskedFerret
09-21-2024, 08:05 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
2024-10-05 First Saturday...
Forum: TCF Gaming Arena
09-21-2024, 08:01 PM
» Views: 31
2024-09-22 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
09-21-2024, 07:57 PM
» Views: 16
2024-10-29 Tuesday 6:00pm...
Forum: Level Up Games - Duluth
09-21-2024, 07:55 PM
» Views: 382
2024-10-22 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:54 PM
» Views: 503
2024-10-15 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:53 PM
» Views: 100

Tyche's Game Day - STARFINDER April 21 12pm-5pm
Posted by: jim h. - 03-15-2018, 07:25 AM - Forum: Tyche's Games - Replies (12)

Come on down to Tyche's Games, our longest running venue!

Please show Tyche's some love with your patronage for exciting in game effects or display your genuine Paizo/Pathfinder swag and get a re-roll.

1056 S Lumpkin Street Athens, GA 30605

THIS IS A STARFINDER GAME!  PREGENS WILL BE PROVIDED IF YOU NEED THEM!

#1-10: The Half-Alive Streets  1-4 GM: Dave B.

Players:
1. Tiffany H. - Technomancer 4
2. Eric - Barry Manowar 4 & The Tiger Uppercut 2000
3. Douglas - Soldier 3/4
4. Jim - Envoy 4
5. Dan - Mystic 2
6. Chris - Pregen Operative 4

Waitlist:

Those new to the Starfinder Society are free to bring a character made under the SFS rules or to simply come and play one of the pre-generated characters that we will have at the event.  

If you would like to participate, please reply to this post with: your name, the scenario you would like to play, your character class, and your level (color commentary is also encouraged).  Walk-ins are welcome and we will always do our best to accommodate, but if you reserve a slot you will be guaranteed a spot to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send them to me (Jim H.) on the forum.

Print this item

Manuel's March SFS Day (Tues., March 20th from 6:30pm to 11:00pm)
Posted by: Bartgroks - 03-14-2018, 07:05 PM - Forum: Manuel's Tavern - Replies (6)

Welcome to the winter of me being a crappy coordinator for Starfinder at Manuel's Tavern. So i am way too later in posting my third Tuesday game for March but we are going to try and Scam  together a table at the last minute anyway. We will be offering SF#1-09 Live Exploration Extreme! (Levels 1-4) Written by local legend John Compton and Gm'd by the inimitable Liam Fisher! And if you go all Hog wild on the sign-ups I just might slide out of my player slot and run a second table. Please join us for an evening of food and fun at Historic Manuel's Tavern.

STARFINDER Scenario: SF#1-09 Live Exploration Extreme! (Levels 1-4)
GM: Dave
Players:

1. Bart
  2. Josh
  3. Travis
  4. Jason
  5. lisa

Print this item

RSP SFS 3/25 - The First Mandate and Into the Unknown
Posted by: huntsfromshadow - 03-14-2018, 06:32 AM - Forum: Heroic Gaming - No Replies

On the fourth Sunday of the month, we will be hosting an SFS  Game at the Heroic Gaming store in Roswell, Georgia. Heroic Gaming is a kid-friendly, family-oriented gaming space.

The store is located at:
4651 Woodstock Road, Suite 205, Roswell GA 30075.

The store's phone number is 770-709-4376.

This month the game day will occur on 3/25.

If you would like to reserve a slot for one of these games, please respond by noting:

Scenario you want to play
Real Name
Character Class
Character Level

If you have any questions, please either post below or email Luke Mc (huntsfromshadow @ gmail . com).

We will be running a high tier table and low tier for this event.

Note - This is an RSP Event!

Starfinder
Event Code: 414,083
Slot Time: 1 pm to 6 PM

Table 1: GM Luke
1-05: The First Mandate
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open

Table 2:
Into the Unknown (Lvl 1 or new characters only - repeatable).
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open

Print this item

Prestige class?
Posted by: Mike R - 03-09-2018, 04:39 PM - Forum: Character Advice - Replies (6)

Does anyone ever play a prestige class?  I was considering an arcane archer.

Print this item

GM needed 3/14 - My Parents' Basement
Posted by: Abraham Z - 03-09-2018, 11:35 AM - Forum: Calling All GMs! - Replies (1)

Hi all,

We've got enough people signed up for a second table but only 1 GM (and due to a potential scheduling conflict I can't offer to GM). Anyone interested in running a table (of really whatever you want, though there's been a request for something higher tier - maybe a 5-9?)?

thanks,
Abraham

Print this item

Ancient d20 found, interesting article!
Posted by: kysharr - 03-07-2018, 05:48 PM - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (1)

https://www.cnet.com/news/ancient-d20-di...s-of-time/

Its from ptolemic egypt, I wonder if Cleopatra herself was rolling crits... 

I'm going to get a little spacey here for a sec, but pen and paper rpgs don't exactly require any degree of technological sophistication to arise in a society, just imagination, spare time, something to write with. Obviously wargames were a thing for many years before Gygax modded it for DnD. I wonder how often individual-based rule-following rpg games arose throughout history, I'd be interested in reading about the phenomenon. 

Obviously a d20 is not ONLY used for rpgs, it could be for some much more basic gambling, but it just got me thinking. I'm no expert, but I think some form of wargaming was probably popular among the elite youth (think tin/toy soldiers, models, even chess), and it would not take long for someone to mod it into their own form of rpg in the same vein as our pathfinder or dnd, especially considering the Egyptians had a literate portion of society for thousands of years. I'd be very interested to know what an ancient Egyptian's fantasy pantheon would look like, and if it would be different from their iconic Egyptian religious pantheon.

Print this item

gapfs Playtest for Pathfinder 2 announced
Posted by: liamfisher - 03-06-2018, 06:07 PM - Forum: General Pathfinder 2.0 Playtest Discussion - Replies (6)

Playtest for Pathfinder 2 announced

http://paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest

more to come later

Print this item

Details on switching your faction to Concordance.
Posted by: Edward McGee - 03-06-2018, 03:51 AM - Forum: General Pathfinder 1.0 Discussion - Replies (4)

John Compton posted the details here.

The following apply to those switching to the Concordance faction:

[*]This change costs no Prestige Points.
[*]You keep any benefits earned on your previous faction's Faction Journal Card, but after changing factions, you are no longer able to fulfill goals on the previous faction's cards.
[*]You keep any faction-specific boons earned on Chronicle sheet as part of your previous faction.
[*]If you have a faction trait for your former faction, you have two choices: either keep the trait or replace it with any one of the Concordance faction traits.
[*]You lose access to any purchased faction-specific vanities.
[*]You should perform this change either by August 2nd, 2018 or at the beginning of the next adventure the character plays, whichever occurs last. If during this time you play a scenario that includes a Concordance faction-specific objective and reward, you may switch to this faction at the end of the scenario and potentially earn that reward. This allows a PC to experience what the Concordance values firsthand, make an informed choice, and switch to the faction without missing out on the reward.

Print this item

My Parents' Basement - March 14
Posted by: Abraham Z - 03-05-2018, 08:06 PM - Forum: My Parents' Basement - Replies (25)

My Parents' Basement is a combination restaurant, bar and comic book store. Games, food, beer and comics - what more could you need? By the way, they have a lot of beers on tap. The Pathfinder Society meets at My Parents' Basement on the second Wednesday of every month.

Wednesday, March 14, 6:30-11:00

Table 1: 9-12 Shrine of the Sacred Tempest (1-5)
Outside of a remote village in the tengu nation of Kwanlai, a generations-old group of shrinekeepers has dutifully watched over a holy site that commemorates celestial forces that fell in battle against a qlippoth invasion in the distant past. By tradition, the guardians report to celestial forces every 10 years, but these guardians have fallen silent. A messenger from Heaven has called upon the Pathfinder Society to investigate the historic site and uncover the truth behind the shrinekeepers' fate. Contents in "Shrine of the Sacred Tempest" also contribute directly to the ongoing storyline of the Silver Crusade faction.

GM: Perry
1) Kerney
2) Todd - Paladin 1
3) Josh
4) 
5) Henry - Monkbuckler 4
6) Jenn - Oracle 2

Please sign up by replying to this thread. You can also reply with requests for this night's scenario or something you'd like to play in the future. I try to choose scenarios based on what our players have played and/or need to play so keeping your signatures updated is a good way to let me know what you want to play. Even better, if you use pfstracker.net to track what you've played, please tell me your username there so I can easily filter to find which scenarios are unplayed by the largest group of our players.

Abraham Z (that's me) is your store liaison. If you have questions, concerns or comments, please feel free to contact me in person, by private message or in this forum thread.

My Parents' Basement is at 22 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates, GA 30002.

GMs: event code is #152629

Print this item

Giga-Bites June 2nd, 2018 Gameday
Posted by: Andrew Roberts - 03-05-2018, 09:06 AM - Forum: Giga-Bites Cafe - Replies (35)

Here at Giga-Bites cafe, we host tables of Pathfinder Society every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. Here is the line-up for June 2nd, 2018 at Giga-Bites.

Don't be afraid to sign up if a table if full. Oftentimes, if we have about 3 days before an event we can get another table going.

(Note on factions: You do not have to have a character of the appropriate faction to play the scenario. Every scenario in season nine refers to a part of a faction's story line. Some may not even have boons related to the faction, but it is possible that they may.)

Slot 1 - 11:00 AM

Scenario: #9-20: Fury of the Final Blade (Levels 7-11) (Faction: Liberty's Edge)
GM: Daniel, Andrew, Liam
Players: 
  1.  Caleb - Monk 10 or Alchemist 9
  2.  RLockwood
  3.  Edward - Slayer 7 or Wizard 11
  4.  Perry - Bard 8
  5.  Peter
  6.  Chris W.
  7.  Will - Gunslinger 9
  8.  Abraham - Paladin 10
  9.  Lee3
  10.  Patricia
  11.  JVaughan
  12.  Winn - Pregen 7
  13.  Tim
  14.  Todd
  15.  Steve
  16.  Dot - Pregen 7
  17.  Jack
  18.  Dave B.
Wait List:

Slot 2 - 4:30 PM

Scenario: #9-21: In the Grandmaster's Name (Levels 3-7) (Faction: Grand Lodge)
GM: Tim, Andrew, Liam
Players: 
  1.  Caleb - Swashbuckler 3 or Rogue 7
  2.  RLockwood
  3.  Edward - Hunter 7
  4.  Peter
  5.  Chris W.
  6.  Will - Rogue / Alchemist 7
  7.  Abraham - Druid 6
  8.  Mike R.
  9.  Perry - Investigator 6
  10.  Daniel