Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 866
» Latest member: RobertCraro
» Forum threads: 1,853
» Forum posts: 13,422

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FNF Virtual - Oct 25, 202...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: Eric
Yesterday, 01:31 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 28
Tyche's Live - Oct 19 - P...
Forum: Tyche's Games
Last Post: dougl319
Yesterday, 01:21 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 77
Dragon Star Gameday PFS 2...
Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies
Last Post: dougl319
Yesterday, 01:20 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 63
FNF Virtual - Sept 27, 20...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: Tiffany H.
09-27-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 117
2024-10-27 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
Last Post: TheMaskedFerret
09-21-2024, 08:05 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
2024-10-05 First Saturday...
Forum: TCF Gaming Arena
09-21-2024, 08:01 PM
» Views: 31
2024-09-22 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
09-21-2024, 07:57 PM
» Views: 16
2024-10-29 Tuesday 6:00pm...
Forum: Level Up Games - Duluth
09-21-2024, 07:55 PM
» Views: 381
2024-10-22 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:54 PM
» Views: 502
2024-10-15 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:53 PM
» Views: 98

Abilities and Resting
Posted by: Todd Que - 08-02-2018, 10:14 AM - Forum: General Pathfinder 1.0 Discussion - Replies (1)

So, I know about spells and resting and 24 hours and all that...But I'm asking about abilities.
A lot of classes have abilities they can do a certain number of times per day.  Like Paladins and Smite; Inquisitors and Judgements; Bards and Performance.  So, how do those reset? 
Is it just "every 24 hours," like it resets at midnight?
Or do you have to rest for 8 hours to get them?

I know for Paladins, it specifically says in the Core Rulebook, you have to rest to regain the Smite Evil ability.  But I can't find anything for Bards, or Inquisitors.

Print this item

gapfs PFS Organizer Needed : Titan-Duluth
Posted by: pgfrix - 08-01-2018, 09:53 AM - Forum: Georgia PFS/SFS News & Announcements - Replies (2)

Titan-Duluth has an opening in their regular gaming schedule on Wednesday nights and they've approached us about coming up with an organizer.  

You'd probably be looking at a bi-weekly or weekly commitment if you're ambitious.

I'd encourage anybody over on the east side of town to contact Glen or myself if you're interested.  Thanks in advance!

Print this item

Tyche's Game Day - STARFINDER August 18 12pm-5pm
Posted by: jim h. - 07-31-2018, 09:59 AM - Forum: Tyche's Games - Replies (6)

Come on down to Tyche's Games, our longest running venue!

Please show Tyche's some love with your patronage for exciting in game effects or display your genuine Paizo/Pathfinder swag and get a re-roll.

1056 S Lumpkin Street Athens, GA 30605

THIS IS A STARFINDER GAME!  PREGENS WILL BE PROVIDED IF YOU NEED THEM!

#1-16: Dreaming of the Future  Level: 1-4

GM: Jim H.

Players:
1. Sean - pregen
2. Kristi - envoy 4 
3. Sebastian - operative 4 
4.  Shannon
5.  Douglas - Technomancer 1
6.  Tiff H.  Mechanic 3 or Solarian 2

Waitlist:

Those new to the Starfinder Society are free to bring a character made under the SFS rules or to simply come and play one of the pre-generated characters that we will have at the event.  

If you would like to participate, please reply to this post with: your name, the scenario you would like to play, your character class, and your level (color commentary is also encouraged).  Walk-ins are welcome and we will always do our best to accommodate, but if you reserve a slot you will be guaranteed a spot to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send them to me (Jim H.) on the forum.

Print this item

PF Card Game August 16th, 2018
Posted by: Andrew Roberts - 07-30-2018, 11:59 AM - Forum: Battle & Brew - Replies (7)

Pathfinder Adventure Card Guild at Battle & Brew!

If you wish to come, please sign up so I can gauge how many tables we should have.

I know it has been a while since we had a card game day like this, but with recent renewed interest from some people, I am happy to try to make the Card Game work again here!

I am putting the sign up here so that it's not too far down the post and will have some answers to some questions below the signup:

CANCELLED

Show ContentOld:

Event Code: TBD

What is the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game?
The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is a cooperative card game (non-collectible) that consists of a series of boxes that you play a cooperative adventure out of. There are currently four base set boxes out right now (Rise of the Runelords, Skulls & Shackles, Wrath of the Righteous, and Mummy's Mask). The original box of Rise of the Runelords was released in 2013. These boxes can be played standalone without any separate accessories, with the exception of needing some expansions to play the higher levels of the game. Each box comes with a set of low level scenarios that you can play through as a party. The game can be played with 1-4 players, and 5-6 players if there is the character expansion deck in the box. However, this gameday is playing the Organized Play version of it explained below....

What is the Adventure Card Guild?
The Adventure Card Guild is an Organized Play version of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. It uses separate scenarios from what is provided in the base sets, but each season of scenarios tells you which box to use. Just like Pathfinder Society or Starfinder Society, you are able to take your deck to any Adventure Card Guild game and be able to play your character. Just like the non-organized play version of the card game, it can be played with 1-4 players, and 5-6 players with the character expansion.

OK Great. What do I need to play?
Each player needs to have a copy of a Class Deck or Ultimate Add-on Deck (a Class Deck is more recommended for a beginner as they contain more characters to choose from). Other than that, I will bring the boxes, expansions, chronicles sheets, and scenarios needed to play the game for the gameday. I can give you a pregenerated character to work with if you don't have a Class Deck, but the pregenerated character rules are not the best in the Card Game for applying credit, but you can at least get a feel for the game. (Please be sure to tell me you need a pregen ahead of time)

What are the basic rules of the game?
I wouldn't worry too much with the basic rules... we can help you learn as you go. However, if you're interested, here's a sample of the rules from the Mummy's Mask box. Most of the basic rules are the same across the sets, with only a few exceptions here and there. (For example, the Mummy's Mask box introduces Triggers, Curses, and Traders, which won't be present in the other sets, and other sets will contain types of cards not found in the Mummy's Mask box)

A quick Google search will usually bring a up a PDF of the free rulebooks for each different box.

How does Organized Play work?
Here is the Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild Guide! It contains much of the information you need to play the game with Organized Play.

I see there's a tier listed for the scenario. What does that mean?
It's just a terminology difference between the RPG and Card Game. In RPG, you have Levels 1-20. In the Card Game, you have Tiers 1-6. It represents the relative power of your character. Starting characters begin as Tier 1 characters. You can play one tier outside of your character's tier. So, for example, if the scenario were Tier 2, a Tier 1, 2, or 3 character could play in it. A Tier 4, 5, or 6 character would be too high tier to play in a Tier 2 scenario.

How do I make a starting (Tier 1) character?
If you need help with this at a gameday, I can show you if you come a little early. Again, you will need a Class Deck or Ultimate Add-On deck to be able to participate. I can give you a pregenerated character to work with if you don't have a Class Deck, but the pregenerated character rules are not the best in the Card Game for applying credit, but you can at least get a feel for the game. (Please be sure to tell me you need a pregen ahead of time)

However, if you want to try on your own, here's a basic rundown:

- You choose one of the characters from your Class Deck/Ultimate Add-On deck. It is encouraged that you give a read through of their abilities before choosing. (a Class Deck is more recommended for a beginner as they contain more characters to choose from)
- You look at the back of the character stat card (where it says "Cards List"). It should look like this: Valeros Example
- Based on that information, you pick a number of cards from your Class Deck/Ultimate Add-On deck that match the number of cards on your Cards List.  Just use the boxes on the left and ignore any numbers with checkboxes next to them - those are reserved for upgrades to your character. You can only choose cards that have the basic trait on them, which is located on the left side of the card on top of the artwork. With the example with Valeros, it says he has 5 weapons, no spells, 3 armor, 2 items, 2 allies, and 3 blessings. He would choose cards with the basic trait from his class deck until he has filled all those card types up. That is his deck. (If you run out of cards of that type with the basic trait, you can start adding any cards that have a B in the upper righthand corner. This is rare, and you must first run out of basic cards before you do this)

Print this item

SFS 7/29 - Special: Skittershot
Posted by: huntsfromshadow - 07-26-2018, 08:09 PM - Forum: Heroic Gaming - Replies (2)

We are doing a surprise run of Skittershot on Sunday 7/29
requested by the store to help fill the schedule.

GM: Luke
* Sam R (Meetup)
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open
* Open

Print this item

My Parents' Basement - August 8
Posted by: Abraham Z - 07-26-2018, 03:36 PM - Forum: My Parents' Basement - Replies (11)

My Parents' Basement is a combination restaurant, bar and comic book store. Games, food, beer and comics - what more could you need? By the way, they have a lot of beers on tap. The Pathfinder Society meets at My Parents' Basement on the second Wednesday of every month.

Wednesday, August 8, 6:30-11:00

Table 1: 5-04 Stolen Heir (1-5)
The Mendevian Crusade draws heavily on the Pathfinder Society’s resources, and unless the Decemvirate can secure the assistance of generous patrons, the society may not have sufficient capital both to fight off the demonic invasion and to prepare its expedition to a lost historical site within the Worldwound. Upon hearing that the daughter of an eminent and wealthy of citizen of Sauerton has gone missing, the Pathfinders rush to her aid in the hope of earning her father’s goodwill and support in upcoming endeavors. Written by David N. Ross.
GM: Kerney
1. Abraham - various level 2 options, or a monk 3
2. Josh - level 1 something (or a pregen 4 if we go up)
3. Travis - Druid 3
4. Todd - various options 1,2, or 3.
5. Henry - Wiz/Sorcerer 2
Waitlist:

Table 2 TBD, as needed

Please sign up by replying to this thread. You can also reply with requests for this night's scenario or something you'd like to play in the future. I try to choose scenarios based on what our players have played and/or need to play so keeping your signatures updated is a good way to let me know what you want to play. Even better, if you use pfstracker.net to track what you've played, please tell me your username there so I can easily filter to find which scenarios are unplayed by the largest group of our players.

Abraham Z (that's me) is your store liaison. If you have questions, concerns or comments, please feel free to contact me in person, by private message or in this forum thread.

My Parents' Basement is at 22 N Avondale Rd, Avondale Estates, GA 30002.

GMs: event code is #152629

Print this item

August 12th Titan Comics RSVP
Posted by: DarthGore - 07-26-2018, 03:18 PM - Forum: Titan Games and Comics - Smyrna - Replies (1)

This thread is meant to serve as my RSVP to join the Titan Comics monthly Pathfinder session that starting on August the 12th.  My name is Sean on the meetup page.  I am a semi experienced player and I can happily make a character to fit any role needed.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Print this item

Asheville Scarefest 2018
Posted by: SirApropos - 07-25-2018, 07:59 PM - Forum: Conventions - Replies (1)

A few people were asking about this last night so I thought I'd post the link again.

Oct 19-21st this year.

http://avlscarefest.com/

It's a very good time in the peaceful mountains.

Print this item

Dragon Star Game Day : PATHFINDER - Sunday, 8/26 1-6pm
Posted by: jim h. - 07-25-2018, 12:43 PM - Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies - Replies (9)

Dragon Star Hobbies is the place to be on most 2nd and 4th Sundays with the occasional Saturday Special thrown in.

Please show Dragon Star some love with your patronage for exciting in game effects or display your genuine Paizo/Pathfinder swag and get a re-roll.

1040 Gaines School Rd #113, Athens, GA 30605

Event Code65,895

Pathfinder Society Scenario #9-25: Betrayal in the Bones  -For Levels 12-15

GM: Jim

Players
1. Tiff - Groetus Cleric 15  
2. Douglas - Barbarian 12
3. Eric - Cavalier 15
4. DaveB - Protoplasmic Ooze 15

5.  Steve
6. Jackson  

Those new to the Pathfinder Society are free to bring a character made under the PFS rules or to simply come and play one of the pre-generated characters that we will have at the event.   

If you would like to participate, please reply to this post with: your name, the scenario you would like to play, your character class, and your level (color commentary is also encouraged).  Walk-ins are welcome and we will always do our best to accommodate, but if you reserve a slot you will be guaranteed a spot to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here or  send them to me (Jim H.) on the forum

Print this item

SFS 8/26 - To Conquer the Dragon (Lvl 5-8) and The Blackmoon Survey (lvl 1-4)
Posted by: huntsfromshadow - 07-23-2018, 06:45 PM - Forum: Heroic Gaming - Replies (13)

On the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, we will be hosting an SFS Game at the Heroic Gaming store in Roswell, Georgia. Heroic Gaming is a kid-friendly, family-oriented gaming space.

The store is located at:
4651 Woodstock Road, Suite 205, Roswell GA 30075.

The store's phone number is 770-709-4376.

This month the game day will occur on 8/26

If you would like to reserve a slot for one of these games, please respond by noting:

Scenario you want to play
Real Name
Character Class
Character Level

If you have any questions, please either post below or email Luke Mc (huntsfromshadow @ gmail . com).

We will be running a high tier table and low tier for this event.

Starfinder
Event Code: 414,083
Slot Time: 1 pm to 6 PM

1-19: To Conquer the Dragon (Lvl 5-8) 
Canceled due to lack of GM.

1-18: The Blackmoon Survey (Lvl 1-4) 

Eox's Blackmoon region contains countless forgotten Eoxian ruins, leftovers from an apocalyptic assault on the planet. Few are allowed to dig up these sites, yet the Starfinder Society and undead bone sages maintain a joint academic venture known as the Blackmoon Excavation. When Starfinder archaeologists and undead workers begin disappearing from the site the Society sends in a team of agents to uncover why—a secret that resides in the nearby ruins!

GM: TBD
* Perry F. (Something 4th level) [GaPFS]
* Luke M. (4th Level Operative)
* Sam (Reserved if he wants it) [Meetup]
* Jon S. (Lvl 1 Operative) [Meetup]
* Jez/Dave
* Ross T. (Operative 2 / 3?) [GaPFS]
* Sean M. Technomancer level 1 [GaPFS]

WaitList
---

Print this item