Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 866
» Latest member: RobertCraro
» Forum threads: 1,853
» Forum posts: 13,423

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FNF Virtual - Oct 25, 202...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: TethlisVoldogol
9 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 34
Tyche's Live - Oct 19 - P...
Forum: Tyche's Games
Last Post: dougl319
Yesterday, 01:21 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 85
Dragon Star Gameday PFS 2...
Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies
Last Post: dougl319
Yesterday, 01:20 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 67
FNF Virtual - Sept 27, 20...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: Tiffany H.
09-27-2024, 09:23 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 118
2024-10-27 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
Last Post: TheMaskedFerret
09-21-2024, 08:05 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
2024-10-05 First Saturday...
Forum: TCF Gaming Arena
09-21-2024, 08:01 PM
» Views: 31
2024-09-22 Fourth Sunday ...
Forum: Discover Games
09-21-2024, 07:57 PM
» Views: 16
2024-10-29 Tuesday 6:00pm...
Forum: Level Up Games - Duluth
09-21-2024, 07:55 PM
» Views: 382
2024-10-22 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:54 PM
» Views: 503
2024-10-15 Tuesday 6:00pm...
09-21-2024, 07:53 PM
» Views: 100

Exclamation Athens After Dark - May 22, 2018 - CANCELLED
Posted by: Tiffany H. - 04-25-2018, 12:10 PM - Forum: Athens After Dark at Little Kings' - Replies (1)

Athens After Dark is getting ready for MomoCon 2018 at the Georgia World Congress Center, starting Thursday, May 24th. We'll be among the crew running Pathfinder Society and Starfinder Society scenarios/quests, as well as an exciting, multi-table, interactive Special.  

To devote maximum time for prepping, this May 22 Athens After Dark event will be cancelled.

(Also, our usual venue, Little Kings, will be hosting Kelly Girtz’s election night party 7-close so we got booted.)

Normally, we run one session (possibly with multiple tables) - usually on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at Little Kings Shuffle Club from 6:30pm-11:30pm.  Little Kings has been a very gracious host for more than 3 years running, so fear not, we'll be back in effect on June 12! See y'all then...

Little Kings Shuffle Club
223 W Hancock Ave
Athens, GA ‎30603

Print this item

gapfs Tyche's Game Day - May 19th 12pm-5pm
Posted by: jim h. - 04-25-2018, 12:00 PM - Forum: Tyche's Games - Replies (6)

Come on down to Tyche's Games, our longest running venue!

Please show Tyche's some love with your patronage for exciting in game effects or display your genuine Paizo/Pathfinder swag and get a re-roll.

1056 S Lumpkin Street Athens, GA 30605

THIS IS A 3 XP MODULE. THAT'S A FULL LEVEL!

Ire of the Storm Part 3: The Sky Tempest Temple (levels 3-5) GM: Eric

Players:
1. Douglas - Paladin 4
2. Kyle - Skald 4  
3. Sebastian - Witch ?
4. Kristi - Spiritualist ?
5. Rob - ? ?  
6. Sean - Pregen    
Waitlist:
1. Travis - Cleric 3 or Rogue 3

Those new to the Pathfinder Society are free to bring a character made under the PFS rules or to simply come and play one of the pre-generated characters that we will have at the event.  

If you would like to participate, please reply to this post with: your name, the scenario you would like to play, your character class, and your level (color commentary is also encouraged).  Walk-ins are welcome and we will always do our best to accommodate, but if you reserve a slot you will be guaranteed a spot to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send them to me (Jim H.) on the forum.

Print this item

gapfs Athens After Dark PFS - May 8, 2018 (6:30-11:30pm)
Posted by: Tiffany H. - 04-24-2018, 02:37 PM - Forum: Athens After Dark at Little Kings' - Replies (11)

Athens After Dark is watching the days get longer at Little Kings, a great downtown venue.

We intend to run one session (possibly with multiple tables) - usually on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at Little Kings Shuffle Club from 6:30pm-11:30pm.  Little Kings has been a very gracious host for more than 3 years running, so please show them your patronage.

Little Kings Shuffle Club
223 W Hancock Ave
Athens, GA ‎30603

Tell the bartender you're playing Pathfinder/Starfinder and receive gamer-friendly drinks specials. Partake responsibly from the bar or display your genuine Paizo/Pathfinder (or Starfinder, when appropriate) swag and get a re-roll.

For May 8, 2018, we offer a brand new scenario from Season 9 of the Pathfinder RPG for levels 1-5:

Event #46452

#9-16: Fallen Family, Broken Name  (1st-5th)  GM: Tiff H., Jim H.
1. Jeff - Barbarian 2 
2. Eric - ? ?
3. Douglas - ? 1
4. Kyle - Wizard 1
5. Kristi - Wiz/Rog 4
6. Dorian - Summoner 1 or Barbarian 5
7. Sean - Pregen
8. Stew - Fighter 4 or ? 1
9. Warren - Druid 2 or Rogue 1

Those new to the Pathfinder Society are free to bring a character made using the PFS rules or to simply come and play one of the pre-generated characters that we will have at the event.   

If you would like to participate, please reply to this post with: your name, the scenario you would like to play, your character class, and your level (color commentary is also encouraged).  Walk-ins are welcome and we will always do our best to accommodate, but if you reserve a slot you will be guaranteed a spot to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send them to me (Tiffany H.) on the forum.

Print this item

SFS 5/13 - Half Alive and In Pursuit of Scoured
Posted by: huntsfromshadow - 04-22-2018, 02:32 PM - Forum: Heroic Gaming - Replies (7)

On the second Sunday of the month, we will be hosting an SFS Game at the Heroic Gaming store in Roswell, Georgia. Heroic Gaming is a kid-friendly, family-oriented gaming space.

The store is located at:
4651 Woodstock Road, Suite 205, Roswell GA 30075.

The store's phone number is 770-709-4376.

This month the game day will occur on 4/8

If you would like to reserve a slot for one of these games, please respond by noting:

Scenario you want to play
Real Name
Character Class
Character Level

If you have any questions, please either post below or email Luke Mc (huntsfromshadow @ gmail . com).

We will be running a high tier table and low tier for this event.

Starfinder
Event Code: 414,083
Slot Time: 1 pm to 6 PM

Table 1 - Scenario: 1-10: The Half Alive Streets (Lvl 1-4)

The PCs take part in an investigation after an Absalom Station pawnbroker tries to sell the Starfinder Society a lethal biotech augmentation. The search leads into the depths of the station's Freemarkets and into another investigation initiated by AbadarCorp. With rumors abound of mysterious disappearances near the Freemarkets and that those people using the augmentations are suffering from a mysterious illness, it falls to the PCs to piece together what's going on. Where is this never-before-seen biotech coming from, and what happens when the augmented dead don't stay dead?

GM: Perry
* Jon (Mystic Lvl2) [GaPFS]
* Sam R (Soilder Lvl 4) [Meetup]
* Jez (Techno 3) [Meetup]
* Matt (Engineer 1) [Meetup]
* Jon S. (Soilder 4) [Meetup]
* AJ W (??) [Meetup]

Waitlist
-----
1. Jon S +1

Table 2 - Scenario: 1-11: In Pursuit of the Scoured Past (Lvl 3-6, Repeatable)

The PCs travel to the library world of Athaeum in search of answers to what happened during the Scoured Stars incident. The planet holds secrets thought to be lost to the rest of the galaxy and viciously guarded by its self-exiled extraplanar curators. A contingent of Hellknights from the Order of the Pyre joins the PCs in their travels to the library, but these Hellknights follow their own mysterious agenda. As the PCs receive special dispensation to investigate Athaeum's vast records, they learn the first truths of the Scoured Stars and take their first steps in unraveling what happened during the Society's greatest mishap.

Content in In Pursuit of the Scoured Past also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo) faction. Content in this scenario also contributes to the ongoing year of the Scoured Stars storyline.

GM: Luke
* Rlockwood (Lvl 5 Soilder) [GaPFS]
* Geebo (Lvl 5 Operative) [Meetup]
* Chuck C (Lvl 3) [Meetup]
* Keith W (Mystic 4) [GaPFS]
* Tarryn (??) [GaPFS]
* Tarryn Guest +1 [GaPFS]
* Tarryn Guest +2 [GaPFS]

Waitlist
-----

Print this item

Charge Attack (Blitz)
Posted by: Rlockwood - 04-22-2018, 08:19 AM - Forum: General Starfinder Discussion - Replies (8)

My Blitz Soldier just hit lvl 5 and now gained the Charge Attack abbility.  

As a standard action, you can make a charge without the charge penalties (see page 248), and you can substitute a bull rush for the melee attack at the end of the charge. When you gain the soldier’s onslaught class feature, you can make two attacks instead of one at the end of your charge, both with a -4 penalty.

Since I can charge as a standard action now, does this mean I can take a move action to position my self for a charge and then use a standard action to make the charge attack?

Print this item

Deflect Projectile feat
Posted by: Rlockwood - 04-22-2018, 08:15 AM - Forum: General Starfinder Discussion - Replies (2)

Benefit:
 When you would be hit by a ranged attack from a weapon or spell that deals energy or kinetic damage, you can spend 1 Resolve Point as a reaction to make an attack roll with a nonarchaic melee weapon that deals the same general category of damage (energy or kinetic) with a +5 bonus. If your attack roll is higher than the attack roll that hit you, you deflect the attack with your weapon, and it misses. This doesn’t work against area attacks, even against area attacks that have attack rolls like blast weapons, and you can’t use this reaction if you aren’t capable of making an attack with an appropriate weapon.

What happens if I put flaming infusion on a kinetic weapon.  The weapon now does half kinetic and half energy damage, can you deflect kinetic and energy attacks now?  

Print this item

Giga-Bites May 19th 2018 Game Day - SFS!
Posted by: Daniel H - 04-22-2018, 07:59 AM - Forum: Giga-Bites Cafe - Replies (25)

Here at Giga-Bites cafe, we host tables of Pathfinder and Starfinder Society every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. Here is the line-up for May 19th, 2018 at Giga-Bites.

Starfinder for this month.  It's hard to find older Pathfinder stuff enough of you want to run and haven't played yet.  So let me know if there's something particular you'd like me to add!

This event does provide GM boons and a chance to win player boons through the Regional Support Program!

Slot 1 - 11:00 AM

STARFINDER Scenario: SF#1-12 Ashes of Discovery (Levels 1-4) (Repeatable and Starship tags)
GM:  Liam, Joel
Players:
  1. Edward - Op 1
  2. Jon - Op 1
  3. Russ - Something 1/2
  4. Lisa - Techno 4
  5. Kooba - Mystic ?
  6. Dennis - Mechanic 2
  7. Perry - Things
  8. Dan C - Mystic 4

Slot 2 - 4:30 PM

STARFINDER Scenario: SF#1-13 On the Trail of History (Levels 3-6) (Starship and Second Seeker tags)
GM: Perry, Liam
Players:
  1. Edward - Soldier 5
  2. Joel - Envoy 5
  3. Jon - Envoy 5
  4. Russ - Soldier 5
  5. Lisa - Techno 5
  6. Kooba - Mystic ?
  7. Dennis - Mechanic 3?
  8. Will - Envoy 3
  9. Dan C - Mystic 4
  10. Andrew - Mechanic 3
  11. Dave B - delicate blossom glinting with morning dew Soldier

Please Note:
If you would like to reserve a slot for one of these scenarios, please respond below saying which scenario you want to play, your name, your character class, and your level. You don't need to reserve a slot, but it will guarantee you a spot to play. As our game days grow, it is becoming increasingly important to sign up ahead of time. With ample warning (such as signing up at least three days before the event), we may be able to increase the number of tables being run.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post below or send me a forum message!

Giga-Bites Cafe
1803 Roswell Rd, STE 1851
Marietta, GA, 30062

Event Code 83054

Print this item

Starfinder@Manuels May 15 6.30p
Posted by: Bartgroks - 04-21-2018, 10:49 PM - Forum: Manuel's Tavern - Replies (18)

Posting the May Starfinder day early. Come out and play! I will be running a 3-6.

STARFINDER Scenario: SF#1-11 In Pursuit of the Scoured Past (Levels 3-6) (Scoured Stars and Second Seeker tags)
GM: Bart
Players:
1. Travis
2.Lisa Envoy 3
3. Dan
4. Andrew Mechanic 3

Print this item

How can I prevent my animal companion from grabbing?
Posted by: Edward McGee - 04-18-2018, 07:19 PM - Forum: General Pathfinder 1.0 Discussion - Replies (6)

I have a Hunter built around attacks of opportunity and he just hit 7th level. I really want to take a Tyrannosaurus but it has Grab and that would prevent it from taking aoos.

How can I prevent it from grabbing when it bites? The least controversial option I can think of is to use a move action to push it to let the target go. But that is poor action economy.
There is no trick for it but I would be fine spending one of it's trick slots on it if there was.

Print this item

Question on names
Posted by: Winn - 04-18-2018, 01:22 PM - Forum: General Pathfinder 1.0 Discussion - Replies (2)

So, I played a character in 2009 and 2011. It sat on a shelf until I found him in a recent move.

So, in 2009, before the Syrian civil war, I had named my Qadiran character Assad. Obviously today that has slightly different connotations. I assume I couldn’t name my character Hitler or anything similarly offensive, and I could see folks being upset at that.

So, do I need to rename my character? Is that going to screw up recording somehow? Is there a process?

Print this item