HobbyTown USA December 29, 2018 - Emerald Spire Upper Levels!
(12-04-2018, 01:50 PM)Barbaris Wrote: Also is Pcgen allowed, or just traditional character sheets?

Society play games (the ones we do through PFS) require character creation to be done a specific way, and for characters to start at Level 1.  On the Starfinder side (I believe it works the same for Pathfinder, so someone who's played PFS may want to jump in if I'm incorrect in my thinking), you get 1 XP for each scenario you finish, and level on every 3rd XP you receive.  If you don't have a PFS member ID number (obtained from the official Paizo organized play website, here https://paizo.com/organizedplay), you will need one to track your character progress, and this permits your character to be played at any venue where an official PFS game is run.  If you don't have a character in the tier that is being run, there are Iconic pregenerated characters available for use that you would play in the scenario and then apply the credit you receive to your character.  You'll also want to review the PFS manual at the Organized Play site (see above) for the system, as it contains the specific information you will need for character creation and organized play.

As far as character creation software / applications, as long as the character creation follows the rules of the organized play society, any software is permitted.
You are correct Joel.

PFS has the same system, since Starfinder is based off PFS. These are Modules, rather than Scenarios, and offer 3 xp, or 1 lvl per play at the normal track speed. For the two that are being offered, any lvl 4 pregen would be accepted, but you would need to have a character that was already at the levels specified for each Module, if you wanted to come in and play straight. The two we are going to play on this day, are tier 2-4, and 3-5 respectively. I don't know what Kerney has, but if we all bring the same characters as the last session, we could sue either a dedicated Healer, or a traps-dealer-with-person.

With Kerney, we were already at 7 players, so Barbaris, you would make 8, which is too many for Society play, unless Will can secure a second table at the Venue for us to use. Legal Pathfinder Society tables need to have at least 4 characters(3 players can be a legal table, is the GM for that session can run a pregen for no extra credit), but no more than 7 Characters.

I think Hero Lab is the most used PC gen software for Pathfinder Society, but I use Pen and Paper, so I'm not the best person to ask.
Here is a handy guide I wrote to help new players with Pathfinder Society: GUIDE LINK HERE

For these games, since characters start at level 1 and these games are for characters above level 1, you would need to play a pregenerated character (details on how that works in link above, under the heading "Now I know how to sign up! Do I need to make a character?")  A link to the pregenerated characters is also in the above link.
PCGen supports PFS since 6.06. This is still current as of 6.08.00RC2 released earlier in the week.

Will
Some of my PCs: Valderon (Gunslinger 9), Ashelak the Tinkerer (Alchemist 13), Lord Ramone Dour (Unchained Rogue 12), Eagle Knight Grognard Drumm (Bard 10 / Barbarian 1)
Also, PCGen has limited support for SFS in 6.08.00RC2. It handles fame, reputation, and faction buys, but not scenarios yet. I have been playing with adding scenario support for PCgen like it supports PFS scenarios.

BTW, PCGen is FREE! (Large dig at the HeroLab folks!)

Will
Some of my PCs: Valderon (Gunslinger 9), Ashelak the Tinkerer (Alchemist 13), Lord Ramone Dour (Unchained Rogue 12), Eagle Knight Grognard Drumm (Bard 10 / Barbarian 1)
Oh Ok I didn't know the restrictions/ limit to table size.
I usually Dmed home brew with Pathfinder, so it make sense it would be different for something like an adventure league.
Well if the tables full I'll wait till the next thing opens up, Thanks for the information.
(12-06-2018, 11:56 PM)Barbaris Wrote: Oh Ok I didn't know the restrictions/ limit to table size.
I usually Dmed home brew with Pathfinder, so it make sense it would be different for something like an adventure league.
Well if the tables full I'll wait till the next thing opens up, Thanks for the information.

No problem.  Glad to have you interested in the society.  Like I said, If we can get a second GM, and Will can secure another table, then we can play 2 tables of 4.  If not, keep your name on the list, because Real life sometimes decides that someone has to pull out of a table.

We try to keep people updated on spots that open like that.
Can you waitlist me for both? Thanks!
That's eight. Any chance for another gm?
(12-14-2018, 04:32 PM)Kerney Wrote: That's eight. Any chance for another gm?

Unfortunately I'm out of town that day or I would volunteer. But I'll be happy to be a 2nd GM for the Spire as you go forward if you need one (though I can't necessarily be certain that I can make it every month). For what it's worth, the Spire was written with 4 PC parties in mind - when I played through it in parties of 6 (admittedly often fairly optimized PCs), we often crushed it pretty hard. So if you've got 8 players who are interested in going all the way through, it might be worthwhile trying to make two tables regularly. Also, because the progression requires a player who goes all the way through to slow track some of the levels (or they will level out before finishing), it's pretty forgiving for players who can't make it every single time (because they can just skip slow tracking to get caught up). Have fun! The Spire is a blast!
An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/100198/report

PFS ID: 100198