Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 831
» Latest member: rodeoneerer
» Forum threads: 1,787
» Forum posts: 13,250

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
FNF Virtual - May 31, 202...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
Last Post: Eric
05-15-2024, 02:32 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 33
Tyche's Live - May 18 - P...
Forum: Tyche's Games
Last Post: H. McBride
05-14-2024, 09:29 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 152
Atlanta Digital SFS 6-10:...
Forum: Atlanta Virtual Games
Last Post: LokiTheWanderer
05-08-2024, 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
No May Game
Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies
Last Post: jim h.
05-06-2024, 01:24 PM
» Views: 83
April 2024 Game Day - SFS
Forum: HobbyTown USA
Last Post: Will Dover
04-24-2024, 05:58 PM
» Views: 139
Tyche's Live - Apr 20 - P...
Forum: Tyche's Games
Last Post: MisterChristopher
04-19-2024, 09:27 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 321
Atlanta Digital SFS 6-09:...
Forum: Atlanta Virtual Games
04-18-2024, 10:51 AM
» Views: 38
Dragon Star Gameday PFS 2...
Forum: Dragon Star Hobbies
04-14-2024, 03:46 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 298
FNF Virtual - Apr 26, 202...
Forum: Athens Virtual Games
04-13-2024, 10:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 110
Join Us as a Volunteer fo...
Forum: Calling All GMs!
04-04-2024, 08:10 AM
» Views: 195

Is there a way to prevent animal companions from grabbing?
Posted by: Edward McGee - 05-21-2017, 11:01 PM - Forum: General Pathfinder 1.0 Discussion - No Replies

My Hunter idea isn't working out quite how I thought it would but there is time to go a different direction.
Ultimately I want to be riding a T-Rex into battle and we both will be getting multiple attacks of opportunity. But the T-Rex will have Grab.
Since I only get one attack if the T-Rex moves and attacks I could use my move action to Push it not to grab. But I'd rather not have to.

It will have 3 Int, Could I just say it is trained not to grab as a default? I would spend a trick on it but I don't think there is one for that and I can't make custom tricks in PFS.

Any suggestions?

Print this item

What's with the PMs
Posted by: Kerney - 05-21-2017, 06:46 PM - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (1)

For some reason, the pm system is not working. Am I the only one with this problem.

Print this item

June 11th Core Rescue at Azlant Ridge
Posted by: Edward McGee - 05-21-2017, 01:44 PM - Forum: Titan Games and Comics - Smyrna - Replies (6)

Every 2nd Sunday of the month from 12 PM to 5 PM, we will be hosting a PFS Game Day at Titan Games and Comics in Smyrna! Join in for fun and experience.

For June 1th, we will be offering the following scenarios:

Event Code: #45571

Slot 1: 12 PM to 5:00 PM

Scenario: #2-02: Before the Dawn—Part II: Rescue at Azlant Ridge (tier 1 - 7)

CORE Campaign Characters Only
With supplies in hand, you rush from Bloodcove to the Pathfinder expedition site at Azlant Ridge only to find it under siege. You must brave the newly discovered halls beneath the ridge in order to find the key that might save everyone.

Rescue at Azlant Ridge is the second and final scenario in the Before the Dawn campaign arc and is the sequel to Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-01: Part I: The Bloodcove Disguise.

For more information on CORE campaign, click here.

GM:  Kerney
Players:
  • Edward - Monk 6
  • Andrew - Wizard (Enchanter) 6 or Ranger 6
  • R. J. -  Ranger 4
  • Steven - Rogue? 6
  • Del - Sorceress 6
-- Waitlist --

Please Note:
If you would like to reserve a slot for one of these scenarios, please respond below saying which scenario you want to play, your name, your character class, and your level. You don't need to reserve a slot, but it will guarantee you a spot to play. It is important to sign up ahead of time. Please note that for this game day we cannot increase the number of tables!

Also if there are any requests to change or add a scenario, please post those requests below.  We may not be able to alter the schedule, but we'll try our best to accommodate!

The store is located BEHIND Best Buy. It is a different building completely. The door is at the end of the building. Please watch your step.

Address is:
Titan Games and Comics
2512 Cobb Pkwy.
Smyrna GA 30080

Print this item

Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo 2017?
Posted by: huntsfromshadow - 05-19-2017, 12:52 PM - Forum: Conventions - Replies (3)

Had a friend just email me a flyer for the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo 2017
and it said their was going to be Pathfinder Card Guild and Pathfinder Society.

Curious who is organizing that? I'm just curious what is going to be fun.
Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo 2017ad

Print this item

Inquisitor of Desna - Should I...?
Posted by: Syrinx - 05-17-2017, 01:56 PM - Forum: Character Advice - Replies (4)

I am thinking about making an Inquisitor of Desna.  

I'm running into a few questions/complications in my design, and would love some opinions.

I'd like to go 2-handed power attacking melee monster, what's the best way to pick up a proficiency in the needed weapon - just a straight feat "tax" or are there any other tricks people might recommendd?  I'm not a fan of Desna's weapon (star knife) for the concept i'm envisioning.

I really like the looks of both the Liberation and Travel Domains, as well as the "Channeling Scourge" feat.  Is taking 1 level of cleric early a trap?  The reduced BAB and getting to Bane one level later feels like a heavy penalty to pay.  Some of this concept originally came from an undead heavy AP that I went a different way with.

Any race and stat advice?  I understand that Wisdom is really secondary based on the concept I have and the nature of their spell progression.

Also, any advice regarding the "Sanctified Slayer" archetype?  I'm leaning towards that but would like to hear people's opinion on Study&Sneak vs. Judgments.  For example it seems like I can use "Study" far more often than "Judgement" at lower levels and the overall damage output seems a little higher.

Any other tips for a new Inquisitor player?

Print this item

Game Day 5-20
Posted by: ValenDray - 05-16-2017, 05:44 PM - Forum: Tyche's Games - Replies (5)

Saturday 5/20 High NOON!

Gallows of Madness Part 2 will be brought to you.
It's an evergreen designed for levels 1-3.

GM: Rob

1.) Eric - Something
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

Print this item

Giga-Bites June 3rd, 2017 Gameday
Posted by: Andrew Roberts - 05-15-2017, 12:39 PM - Forum: Giga-Bites Cafe - Replies (28)

Here at Giga-Bites cafe, we host tables of Pathfinder Society every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. Here is the line-up for June 3rd, 2017 at Giga-Bites.

Slot 1 - 11:00 AM

Scenario: #8-21-Champion's Chalice, Part 2: Agents of the Eye (Levels 1-5)
GM: Daniel, Andrew
Players:
  1.  Edward - Slayer 5
  2.  Caleb
  3.  Chris W. - Summoner 5
  4.  Jordan - Magus 4
  5.  Kerney - Oracle 2 or Monk 5
  6.  Perry - Investigator 4
  7.  Katherine - Cleric 5
  8.  Will - Gunslinger 4
  9.  Carlos C.
  10.  Robert
  11.  Cat - Shaman 1
  12.  Kara - Vigilante 2
  13.  Curtis - Sorcerer 5

Slot 2 - 4:30 PM

Scenario: #8-20: Torrent's Last Will (Levels 7-11)
GM: Perry, Andrew
Players:
  1.  Edward - Pregen 7
  2.  Caleb
  3.  Travis - Warpriest 10
  4.  Chris W.
  5.  Jordan - Swashbuckler 7
  6.  Kerney - Summoner 8 or Summoner 10
  7.  Daniel - Kineticist 9
  8.  Katherine - Oracle 10
  9.  Will - Bard 10
  10.  Carlos C.
  11.  Robert
  12.  Rlockwood - Something 8-10
Wait List:
  1.  Curtis - Magus 9

Please Note:
If you would like to reserve a slot for one of these scenarios, please respond below saying which scenario you want to play, your name, your character class, and your level. You don't need to reserve a slot, but it will guarantee you a spot to play. As our game days grow, it is becoming increasingly important to sign up ahead of time. With ample warning (such as signing up at least three days before the event), we may be able to increase the number of tables being run.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post below or send me a forum message!

Giga-Bites Cafe
1803 Roswell Rd, STE 1851
Marietta, GA, 30062

Event Code 15822

Print this item

Can you recover magic/alchemical arrows?
Posted by: Abraham Z - 05-14-2017, 10:32 PM - Forum: General Pathfinder 1.0 Discussion - Replies (7)

I had always understood that if you recover ammunition (arrows, bolts, etc.), following the 50% chance that a missed shots is recoverable rule, that said recovered ammo lost any magical and/or alchemical properties it may have had, and just become normal arrows or bolts. Is that incorrect and can anyone please point me to the relevant rule? It came up in a game I was running the other night and when I looked it up I couldn't find any reason why, for example, a scent arrow, or a +1 bane arrow, couldn't be used again (if you missed the first time and successfully recovered the arrow).

Print this item

Pei Zin Practitioner Life Oracle
Posted by: Edward McGee - 05-14-2017, 11:57 AM - Forum: Character Advice - No Replies

So I have decided to play my first dedicated healer in PFS.
I wanted a SAD healer so Oracle was the obvious choice.

I debated with myself about taking the Spirit Guide archetype for an extra channel pool but tbh running out of channels is rare. I instead chose the Pei Zin Practitioner.
The Pei Zin Practitioner has a few interesting features.
They are really good at Profession Herbalist. They add their level to Profession Herbalist checks and the skill is keyed to charisma instead of wisdom. This replaces any skills your mystery grants.
They get a Lay on Hands ability pool. 1 +charisma mod times per day, Heal 1d6 per 2 levels. Others as a standard action or myself as a swift. This ability replaces my level 1 revelation. Cant start with channel.
Quote:This ability counts as a paladin’s lay on hands ability for the purposes of feats, spells, and effects that work with that class feature when it is used for healing purposes.
Most items that help Lay on Hands specify that you must be a Paladin so I'm not sure if they would help me or not.
At 7th level they when they use Lay on Hands they can make a profession herbalist check to remove a condition. But the DCs are high. Ranging from 20 to 35. This replaces my 7th level revelation.

So some things I'm sure on.

Starting with 20 charisma and the Fey Foundling feat. And Murderous Command for when healing isn't required,
At 3rd level take the channel revelation and the selective channel feat. Props to Andrew for reminding me that casting Shield Other with a reach metamagic rod allows the target more freedom.
At 4th level I want the spells Grace to avoid melee and Shield Other to keep the heavy hitters alive.
At 5th level I want the Life Link revelation.

Some things I'm not sure about.
The Good Hope spell vs the Beacon of Hope feat. I can take Beacon of Hope at 5th level. Anyone healed by my channel will have Heroism for the battle. Or I can take the Good Hope spell at 7th level. Everyone in the party will have Heroism for 1 minute per level.

Noble Scion/Scion of War vs Focused Study racial trait.
Focused Study would allow me to take Skill Focus for profession herbalist at 1st level and skill focus diplomacy at 8th. Or maybe vice-versa since I won't really need the bonus until 7th.
Alternatively I could just take Skill Focus as a 7th level feat and start with Noble Scion/Scion of War.
Scion of War allows me to use my charisma in place of my dexterity for initiative rolls. This has several effects and leads to some interesting build possibilities.

Circlet of Persuasion would add +3 to my initiative. On top of the +3 to profession herbalist, diplomacy, concentration checks, and maybe UMD.
Having a high initiative makes the Good Hope spell more attractive.
It places less emphasis on dexterity. If I focus more on constitution I could theoretically just tank dexterity. It's not like I don't have ways to heal fireballs.

I could even tank my wisdom and take the trait Irrepressible. It allows me to use my charisma bonus in place of my wisdom bonus vs enchantment/charm spells. I realize there are other types of will saves.

Here is my initial build idea.

Human Oracle (Life) (Pei Zin Practitioner) worshiper of Milini
Traits: Reactionary, Irrepressible, alternate racial trait Silver Tongued (+2 to diplomacy)

Str 7
Dex 7
Con 16
Int 12
Wis 9
Cha 20

Feats: Fey Foundling, Noble Scion/Scion of War
Skills: Max profession herbalist, diplomacy, and UMD, Spread the other 2 points per level around.

One if the drawbacks to the Scion of War build is I am heavily incentivized to get a maxed out charisma circlet instead of Phylactery of Positive Channeling making my channels weaker.

Print this item

PaizoCon
Posted by: huntsfromshadow - 05-13-2017, 08:44 PM - Forum: Conventions - No Replies

Hey All.

So husband and I are going to PaizoCon for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Anyone have any good tips?  We already have our schedule locked down (we got into 2 lottery events including the special) 
so we are overjoyed.

Thanks

Print this item