Southern-Fried Gaming Expo and Covid-19 Protocols
Original post

I posted this to the AtlantaPFS website and pushed the link to our Twitter feed, the Pathfinder Society of Georgia Facebook page, my personal Facebook account, the Discord server, and am posting it here as well.  However, I am posting the full content here rather than only the link to the post on the AtlantaPFS website.

Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2022
With Southern-Fried Gaming Expo 2022 just days away, I wanted to remind everyone that COVID is still out there making an impact on people's lives and urge anyone attending, whether as a volunteer or a player, to take appropriate precautions.  
The community transmission rate in Cobb County, GA, where the convention will be held, is currently listed as High.  The CDC recommends indoor masking in areas of high community transmission.  As of my last discussion with Campaign RPG Leadership, they are not staffed to enforce a masking or vaccine policy, so the convention, unless the host venue states otherwise, will continue to be a masking optional/recommended/appreciated event.  
The room where we will be offering sessions will be shared with at least one to two other gaming groups, so I am going to urge any GAPFS members attending to please wear a mask.  I added both KN95 masks and Purell hand sanitizer to our event support kit and will be providing these to the volunteer GMs as well as to HQ.  Priority for these supplies will go to the volunteers, however, should a player come to a table without a mask and the table GM wishes to have their players masked, they will have masks to distribute as needed.  
At the end of the day, I want us all to be safe and have fun.

For more information
SFGE 2022 Health & Safety Policies
Covid Act Now (Cobb County, GA)
Cobb and Douglas County Public Health Departments
The CDC

From the VO Handbook
4.1.7. Public Health[url=https://www.organizedplayfoundation.org/Lorespire/VO-Handbook#Public_Health][/url]
During times of public health crises (or even for con crud/flu season), conventions should keep the safety of their communities in mind. All convention planners must follow federal, state, and local health policies. In the case of policy changes, local government press releases and websites (such as those designating “opening tiers”), including the convention’s website, should include the most recent updates to their health and safety policy. All VOs and volunteers are required to adhere to the policies set forth by the convention, however, as stated below, if you feel these policies are not appropriate to keep you and your players healthy and safe, it is completely within your power to decline to participate.
Remember, if you do not feel the convention is taking appropriate measures to safeguard your health and safety, it is always within your power to decline participation in the convention. This right to decline to participate extends to all volunteers at a convention, not just VOs. VOs should make sure their volunteers are aware of this as part of the recruiting process.