Atlanta 2022 Plan
Welcome to 2022, everyone.

I hope everyone is safe and well. I also hope that, at some point this year, we’re able to get face to face again, even though we will also not be abandoning our virtual presence on the various Virtual TableTops.

On January 1, I launched a hub/wraparound site for Atlanta (https://atlantapfs.org). This site has a members area that, at least right now, doesn’t have any special content, but there will be some coming in the future.  Why a member's area?  It's a two-fold reason, honestly.  Reason 1 is that there will be things that are specifically for members of the lodge that are currently not able to be hidden from public view here on the forums (for instance, any discounts that conventions may offer to members of the lodge vs. those they release to the general public).  Reason 2 is that it helps us to meet requirements put on us by Organized Play to keep a list of our players and GMs. 

We also had a few changes to the Venture-Officer group, with 3 Venture-Officers stepping away, whether permanently or temporarily. As we ramp up towards going in-person again, I’ll have to take a look at who’s still around, which venues we still have/are permitting in-person TTRPG, and assess any needs we have, at which point, the existing Venture-Officers may start talking to some of you about becoming a Venture-Officer.

My intent is also to embrace the digital age in which we live this year and encourage all GMs and VOs to use tools like RPG Chronicles for their sign-in and chronicle sheets, even in person.  I know there are people who prefer paper, and I respect that, but, with Organized Play wanting to move to a more digital format, and at least one of the chronicle sheet sites soon offering lodge level support where you can also see what has been reported on Paizo’s site, it will make things easier in the long run.  To that end, I've signed up for convention support on the RPG Chronicles website and this is how we will manage sign-ins and chronicle sheets for the convention.  It will mean needing to have players provide an email address since chronicle sheets will be automatically emailed at the end of the game session.  For those hesitant to provide an email address (though one was required to be given as part of signing up for an OP number on the Paizo website), a Discord ID can be provided where the GM or a member of HQ can later send a copy of the chronicle sheet.  The developer behind the site is also working on a feature for those hesitant to do even that where it will not require printing at or prior to the convention.  If you have any concerns about the privacy of your information via the RPG Chronicles website, take a moment to review the privacy policy (https://www.rpgchronicles.net/privacy).  That may help alleviate any concerns.

Planning for this year’s convention cycle began in September, immediately after DragonCon ended. The plan this year is for us to have a presence at three conventions (in chronological order): MomoCon, Southern-Fried Gaming Expo, and DragonCon. The current plan, COVID-dependent, is to be in-person at each convention. That plan, however, is subject to change, depending on the level of risk (reported cases, transmission rates, hospital/ICU bed capacity, etc.) associated with it at the time of each convention.

Because we have been relatively inactive in the local community since COVID started, I am looking at each convention as an acquisition convention, focusing on lower-level scenarios more heavily than the higher, with the mindset of trying to interest people in joining our community. Consider this a save the date/precursor to open call for GMs for all three conventions. This is also a call for any special requests for scenarios, whether for players or for GMs.  For anyone interested, since I am a numbers guy, I have a breakdown of the offerings for each convention by level range.  My intention is to not have anything offered where it is outside the range where pregens are available at any convention.

MomoCon opted to skip the normal convention cycle last year and hold WinterFest. Whether they will do similarly this year or not, if the numbers look bad, is TBD. They have already indicated there will be both a vaccine and mask mandate at the convention this year, with the possibility of a testing mandate as well. Once their final decision is made, I will make sure to pass it on. We will be offering both Pathfinder 2nd Edition and Starfinder Society games, and I have been asked whether we will offer Pathfinder 1st Edition. I left that option open, but it is as dependent on having interested players for PF1 as it is to have interested GMs. The current plan for MomoCon is for 45 total tables, with 36 from Campaign RPG (18 each for PF2 and SF, unless we do get PF1 interest, in which case the table count will differ) and 9 from Quests and Bounties (running 2 for each system during each 4-hour block). 

Southern-Fried Gaming Expo will be an in-person convention unless forced to cancel. They checked vaccination status at the door last year and did have a mask mandate in place, which they were responsible to enforce. Their health and safety requirements will likely be announced approximately 30 days prior to the convention. I have one caveat to add to SFGE, and that is this – even though I am looking at it as an acquisition convention, I also plan to offer both Pathfinder and Starfinder Specials from last season at this event (the new specials will not both be released in time for this event).

DragonCon already indicated their plan is to remain a blended convention moving forward. Their requirements last year were for vaccinated and masked participants only, as well as having limited the number of attendees to approximately 42,000 people. I expect DragonCon’s Health & Safety Requirements to be put out anywhere from 2 weeks to a month prior to the convention. Unless it looks likely that the mayor will ban large gatherings in Atlanta, I plan for us to be represented both physically and virtually, depending on DragonCon’s final plan. I have contingency plans in place already for all three possible convention options (online only, blended, in-person only). The most recent specials will be offered at DragonCon, as both will have been released in advance of the dates of DragonCon.

Feel free to reach out with your scenario requests, questions, or concerns, and be on the lookout for the open call for GMs (which will come after Paizo makes any announcements for the new seasons of each game system).