In Light of Recent Online Events...
Good morning, all.

In light of what's going on in the world of Paizo, I felt an "official" statement of some sort should be made.  Some of what I am going to say may sound a little tone deaf, but I ask you to bear with me and you'll understand why I make the statements I do.

While the Internet world is taking sides and jumping to believe one or the other, that's not why I'm here.   What I believe or don't believe is inconsequential.  To a large degree, I really don't care what goes on at the corporate office until or unless it impacts our group, our reputation, or our credibility in the community.  

Do the allegations bother me?  Absolutely they do.  Having been the target of attempts to get me fired at prior jobs for being male or for a vague accusation of "not feeling safe around me because I'm angry all the time" (by the very person who always made me angry, and on purpose to attempt to trip me up) and having been through HR investigations as a result, not to mention having been on the other side of it where I've had to investigate employee misconduct when I was in management, I understand how complicated things get, especially when people let their feelings get in the way of facts.  The truth is, we may never know what happened, who's telling the truth, or be willing to accept either side's opinions and statements on the matter.

As I stated yesterday during the VC Zoom call/dinner as well, I don't care about what happens at the national level.  GenCon and the other flagship/national/international conventions are not my concern.  My concern is helping the local community flourish.  That is what being a Venture-Captain is about - the local community.  

I do want to make one thing crystal clear, however, and that is this:  I won't tolerate the type of behavior that's alleged to have taken place in our community.  If anyone ever feels that anyone's behavior crosses a line, is being done to exclude them, or otherwise is not holding to the spirit or the written word of the Community Code of Conduct, I want you to know I'm here to listen and will take whatever action is appropriate to address the situation.  I hold myself and the VOs in the area responsible for making sure we're doing what's right for the community and each other.  If at any time you feel we're not, hold us accountable by saying something to any VO, to me, or to our RVC.  If you're still not satisfied, take it up the chain to Organized Play.  But, no matter what, say something because we can't make things right if we don't know they're happening.

Stay safe everyone.
Well said, Joel!
An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/100198/report

PFS ID: 100198