Once the gaming stores reopen
I was just wondering because of the shutdowns if slots will be offered on normal game days for those of us who have not been playing online to make up these scenarios?   I wonder if there are enough people like me to warrent this.
Speaking for myself only, I'm not 100% sure how I'll handle it.  I know for certain that Giga will reopen, but the question mark is Titan.  It's not that I've heard anything specific about them being in a bad way, but the comic industry seems to be abandoning brick and mortar stores during all this and going to a digital first / only format.  On top of that, I know their distributors for both comics and gaming supplies, as of a few weeks ago, were shut down and making no deliveries to them.  Why am I saying this?  Well...  Because Giga has typically been the first run store with scenarios running at Titan at some point after they've been run at Giga.  If anything happens that causes Titan to not reopen, and I were to use the second Starfinder Saturday table for catch up games, then I'm having people have to make a choice between the current content and the catch up content, where I would typically run the catch up material at Titan.  I know that's not the answer you were looking for, as it doesn't really give a direct answer.  It's up in the air until I know what the Titan situation turns out to be.

With that all having been said, it looks like these will be run online at PaizoCon (Paizo Blog 04272020), and could always be requested to be added to the DragonCon schedule (should DragonCon not be canceled this year), or the holiday party (if it is able to be held as normal this year).
Personally, I'm not really eager to get back to public tables while there's still no real progress on prevention. I'm likely to reduce my exposure on stuff like this since there isn't really a great benefit for the risk that it imparts, especially given the ability to do these online.
(05-01-2020, 09:52 AM)Doonamis Wrote: Personally, I'm not really eager to get back to public tables while there's still no real progress on prevention.  I'm likely to reduce my exposure on stuff like this since there isn't really a great benefit for the risk that it imparts, especially given the ability to do these online.
I'm in a similar boat.  Plus, as I explained to Will, I'm on an ADA Reasonable Accommodation form at work to keep me home until the CDC changes its guidance on social distancing (which may not change, based on one of the doctors' statements, until after the summer), due to my blood pressure.  Being on that means that the Office of the Inspector General can send someone to check on me, at their discretion, or, if I were to go out to the stores and be reported by anyone, they could investigate and fire me.  So, I'm going to be strictly online for now.
I would like to hit the game stores to get the double adventure days, I have to request the day off. Getting Saturday off is doable once a month for me.
"The cat is eating the mini"
https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/157677/
(05-01-2020, 09:55 AM)LokiTheWanderer Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 09:52 AM)Doonamis Wrote: Personally, I'm not really eager to get back to public tables while there's still no real progress on prevention.  I'm likely to reduce my exposure on stuff like this since there isn't really a great benefit for the risk that it imparts, especially given the ability to do these online.
I'm in a similar boat.  Plus, as I explained to Will, I'm on an ADA Reasonable Accommodation form at work to keep me home until the CDC changes its guidance on social distancing (which may not change, based on one of the doctors' statements, until after the summer), due to my blood pressure.  Being on that means that the Office of the Inspector General can send someone to check on me, at their discretion, or, if I were to go out to the stores and be reported by anyone, they could investigate and fire me.  So, I'm going to be strictly online for now.

Don't put yourself at risk, I'm in an essential without a tele-presence option. I'm waiting for the antibody tests to be more common. I think they may be a requirement in certain industries going forward.
"The cat is eating the mini"
https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/157677/