DragonCon 2019 - Official Call for GMs and Staff
Attention Pathfinders and Starfinders!
Hello, I am Will Dover, Venture Captain for Atlanta, GA.  Apologies for the lateness of this notice. Now is the time that we are looking for volunteers to GM and/or work as staff for our PFS/SFS game presence at DragonCon 2019.

Like last year, I have inserted a link to a Google form for you to fill out your requests for time, tables, etc.  However, since that is simply a series of questions, it is VERY important for you to read the entirety of this email, so you understand what is being asked of you.  As always, we cannot express enough our appreciation for what you do for PFS, SFS, and DragonCon by volunteering for this event.

What is being a volunteer?

It is very important to us that this is about more than just getting a free badge.  We are going to represent Paizo, the Organized Play Foundation, and DragonCon by being volunteers, and this may be someone’s first and only experience with Pathfinder, Starfinder, or tabletop RPGs in general.  To that end, we should all want to give them the best experience possible.  Understand that a bad experience at one of our tables may drive that player not only away from PFS/SFS, but from RPGs and maybe DragonCon itself.  So please bring your best attitude to the table to show both respect for the convention and the game

What do I expect from you as a volunteer?

As you can imagine, it is not easy organizing all the PFS/SFS events at DragonCon, so we need your help as much as possible to make this the best experience for the players and the GMs as well.  In order to make that happen we request of you the following:

1)      Show up ON TIME- It goes without saying that we need you to show up, but in addition, we need you to check in with the GM HQ 15 minutes before the start of your slot.  This is ON TIME.  If you arrive at the start of the slot, you will be marked as late.

2)      Show up prepared- We will have a copy of all the scenarios being run as well as chronicle sheets, reporting sheets, etc.  YOU are responsible for everything else.  We will have some minis and maps to be loaned out, but you should have all of that prepared already to make sure you have the best table possible. 

3)      Show up rested- I know the con can be exhausting and I am not here telling you how to take care of yourself, but make sure you are rested enough to run your table WELL, not just passably.  If you are tired and hungover, you are going to make it a bad time for yourself and your players.
4)      Show up presentable- Related to being rested and prepared, we expect you to have used reasonable hygiene. Do not be a walking cliché.

4)      Show up excited- I don't want to be all negatives here.  Some the most fun I have ever had at a table has been at conventions, including DragonCon.  So, come ready to have fun, and enjoy the experience.

What do I get as volunteer compensation?

1)      Downloads of any scenarios that you run at the convention;

2)      Ability to play other PFS games for free (one table per game run);[Ma1] 

3)      A free DragonCon 2019 badge (if you run at least 5 slots)

4)      Undying (not undead!) love and gratitude of your Georgia PFS Venture Officers. [img=114x15]file:///C:\Users\wdover\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png[/img]

The Schedule

DragonCon Pathfinder Society will be running from Thursday August 29th to Monday Sept 2nd. The slots are:

1)      Thursday PM 8pm-1am
2)      Friday AM 9am-2pm
3)      Friday Afternoon 2pm-7pm
4)      Friday PM 8pm-1am
5)      Friday Midnight 12am-4am
6)      Saturday AM 9am-1pm
7)      Saturday Afternoon 2pm-7pm
8)      Saturday PM 8pm-1am
9)      Sunday AM 9am-1am
10)   Sunday Afternoon 2pm-7pm
11)   Sunday PM 8pm-1am
12)   Monday 10am-3pm

The slots are 5 hrs., but we expect you to be doing final paperwork at around 4.5 hrs.  As mentioned above, you are expected you to arrive for you slot at least 15 minutes early.  

Saturday Afternoon and Sunday Evening- These (Slots #7 and #11) are the two special slots for this year.  Slot #7 will be SFS #2-00 Fate of the Scoured God. Slot #11 will be PFS #10- 98 Siege of Gallowspire.

With the exception of intro tables, that is all that will be being run in these slots.  As you can see, the AM slots those days are ending an hour early, so I expect those GMs to arrive 30 minutes before for the briefing instead if the usual 15 minutes. This means that if you are running in Slot #5 and you are running the SFS Special, you need to plan to wrap up the slot early. I have assigned a separate VO to run each of these events, so they will be reaching out to you directly, as soon we complete assignments.

Intro tables
Like last year, we are going have up to three tables that are exclusively dedicated to running the newest quest series in one hour slots.  These will have a $1 or 1 generic ticket cost, will not have pre-registrations, and will be running every slot except for the midnight slots.  The sole purpose of these tables is to introduce new players to the games and PFS/SFS.  If you like (and are good at) introducing new players to RPGs and PFS, please answer the appropriate question accordingly in the survey.  I am going to be very picky with these tables, so make sure you are ready to justify why you would be good for this environment.

Things that are different about this year’s DragonCon

Pathfinder 1st Edition Content
The PFS campaign for 1st Edition will have no new content after GenCon. Content prior to GenCon will be at higher tiers. As a result, we will not be running any Tier 1-5 scenarios at DragonCon, nor will we be running any 1st Edition quests or introductory scenarios.
Pathfinder 2nd Edition Scenarios
We will be offering the 2nd Edition scenarios offered at GenCon. Three of them are full scenarios designed for Tier 1-4. A fourth will be a special scenario for level 5 PCs. The last one is a Quest scenario for 1st level PCs and will be running alongside the other Intro tables.

Here's the link!

Thank you in advance for your interest in supporting our community for this important event. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Some of my PCs: Valderon (Gunslinger 9), Ashelak the Tinkerer (Alchemist 13), Lord Ramone Dour (Unchained Rogue 12), Eagle Knight Grognard Drumm (Bard 10 / Barbarian 1)
signed up.
Mind if I post this on the paizo site?
See my gaming stuff at https://tmf.space
Will,

Signed up for 5 SFS slots. Let me know if you need me for more.
(05-22-2019, 07:26 AM)LokiTheWanderer Wrote: Will,

Signed up for 5 SFS slots. Let me know if you need me for more.

Thanks!
Some of my PCs: Valderon (Gunslinger 9), Ashelak the Tinkerer (Alchemist 13), Lord Ramone Dour (Unchained Rogue 12), Eagle Knight Grognard Drumm (Bard 10 / Barbarian 1)
(05-21-2019, 11:10 PM)TheMaskedFerret Wrote: signed up.
Thanks and go for it!
(05-22-2019, 02:50 PM)Will Dover Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 11:10 PM)TheMaskedFerret Wrote: signed  up.
Thanks and go for it!

Posted here.
See my gaming stuff at https://tmf.space
So....something goes wrong and prevents me from attending DraconCon every year. It's like a curse. But after Momocon, I would love to come and run a few SFS tables if I could. Would there still be GM badges available? Maybe that will break the curse.
(05-28-2019, 03:18 PM)Blaze6210 Wrote: So....something goes wrong and prevents me from attending DraconCon every year. It's like a curse. But after Momocon, I would love to come and run a few SFS tables if I could. Would there still be GM badges available? Maybe that will break the curse.

I have to lock down GM assignments by early July so that I can get a final schedule to DragonCon. That is the cut off for getting a GM badge.

Will
Hi Will,

I'm able to volunteer for a staff position again and can do as many shifts to qualify for the free badge as I need.

If it's possible to work in the pre-planning stage and work off a shift or two that would be great. It would mean I can play some too.
PFS ID: 230620 
PFS Tracker  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/230620/
Characters 6/4/17: Hoptrollop Gnome Sorcerer - Level 6 and Twoey Dyad Half-Elf Ranger (Tracker, Melee) - Level 3
(05-30-2019, 09:53 AM)Will Dover Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 03:18 PM)Blaze6210 Wrote: So....something goes wrong and prevents me from attending DraconCon every year. It's like a curse. But after Momocon, I would love to come and run a few SFS tables if I could. Would there still be GM badges available? Maybe that will break the curse.

I have to lock down GM assignments by early July so that I can get a final schedule to DragonCon. That is the cut off for getting a GM badge.

Will

I'd like to go ahead and volunteer for however many SFS slots as needed for badge. I'm not sure if by this point I will be comfortable running PFS tho, so I'd prefer to stick to Starfinder if possible.