PFS growing or shrinking in the Southeast US?
(06-30-2018, 01:48 PM)Martian Banshee Wrote: Good People,

I've made a few attempts to join PFS games without success.  
The first time was at Game-O-Rama in Atlanta - due to an unexpected DM shortage.  
The second was at Chattacon (yep - I'm that guy) where I was ordered out of the gaming area for reasons unknown by an incredibly rude man wearing an embroidered Paizo golf shirt.  I suppose I may have been mistaken for somebody's father.  
The third is downright infuriating.  I RSVP'd on Facebook to a PFS event advertised on Facebook, but when I arrived at Tyche's, I was told that the Facebook RSVPs don't count, that only gapfs.org RSVPs count.  Since that time, I've come onto this forum in hopes of finding a seat at an event, without any luck.

See that faulty logic right there?  You guys aren't attracting new members (repelling them, in fact) because you make it so damned difficult for new people to join.  I've been playing and running games since 1979 - a lot of convention games both for fun and as an official game company rep.  You guys have have made your favorite(?) game inaccessible to anybody in the area except yourselves.

I have to say I had the complete opposite experience. Not only was I welcomed to my first ever RPG game at DragonCon I was encouraged to join any of the local game days. Recently at Momocon they were soo welcoming many DMs had to sit sessions out because their beginners tables didn't form but they didn't want to shut it down in case a group showed up.

Everyone has been patient as I learn the game and readily ask anyone who seems interested to join. This has been primarily Manuel's and My Parent's Basement which regularly get people outside the gaming world checking out the table. 

That being said, there have been times I've missed fun opportunities because communications break down before they hit the newbies.
PFS ID: 230620 
PFS Tracker  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/230620/
Characters 6/4/17: Hoptrollop Gnome Sorcerer - Level 6 and Twoey Dyad Half-Elf Ranger (Tracker, Melee) - Level 3

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFS growing or shrinking in the Southeast US? - by jennoconn - 07-01-2018, 05:22 PM