Spontaneous Wizard/Shaman?
It finally happened.  There is now so much published material that I can't keep up.  So I ask the question: is there any archetype that shifts the casting of either shaman or wizard from prepared to spontaneous?

I'm looking at a new character concept and it needs to actually be one of those two classes ("archetype of sorcerer that works like a wizard" will not cut it, sadly).  However I'm sick of playing prep casters.  So I'm looking for archetypes that mean I only have to choose once, not every day.  I'm OK with delayed spell progression.

I know about the Spellbinder wizard and it's not exactly what I'm looking for.  I want full spontaneous.

Thanks!
(06-02-2017, 08:38 PM)Kevin Willis Wrote: It finally happened.  There is now so much published material that I can't keep up.  So I ask the question: is there any archetype that shifts the casting of either shaman or wizard from prepared to spontaneous?

I'm looking at a new character concept and it needs to actually be one of those two classes ("archetype of sorcerer that works like a wizard" will not cut it, sadly).  However I'm sick of playing prep casters.  So I'm looking for archetypes that mean I only have to choose once, not every day.  I'm OK with delayed spell progression.

I know about the Spellbinder wizard and it's not exactly what I'm looking for.  I want full spontaneous.

Thanks!

Well Arcanist is similar to a Wizard and spontaneous. But unless a new archetype for one of them came out in the last month or so then no, No way for them to spontaneous cast.
Maybe if you shared your character concept we could help you reach a compromise.
None that I know of. The Spirit Whisperer wizard archetype gives you access to some shaman hexes but that doesn't really address what you are looking for.
An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/100198/report

PFS ID: 100198