Bonekeep trilogy in classic?
I played Bonekeep part 1 and things didn't go so hot. We had 2 new players playing pregens, One non pregen death occurred, And we didn't finish in time. So I was in no hurry to do parts 2 and 3.

But thanks to this Paizo poll https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PathfinderSociety I now have a couple of replays available. And I want to spend one of them to replay Bonekeep. Hopefully with much better results. And lead into parts 2 and 3.

I want to play high tier.
Parts 1 and two are tier 3 - 7 while part 3 is tier 5 - 9.
Part one was tough. I'm told part two is even harder. We want a balanced party of fairly optimized characters.

Several players at the last Giga gameday expressed interest so I'm starting a thread.

Warning! There is a very real chance your character will die. Life is full of risks and challenges can be fun. But Bonekeep doesn't play fair.

If you are interested in doing all 3 parts list your available characters and some general info about them.

My options
1. Level 6 Oread Unchained Monk (preferred) While Rocky does have Improved Grapple his primary focus is unarmed melee attacks (20 Str). He uses Dragon Style/Ferocity to increase his unarmed damage. Assuming he starts this at 7th level his unarmed strikes bypass DR magic, cold iron, and silver. He plans to buy an adamantum weapon soon and will have at least one oil of align weapon.
His AC counting Mage Armor and self cast Barkskin is 28. He also has Mobility and a decent UMD to activate his wand of Shield.
Skillwise he has the usual Acrobatics and Perception but he is also has max ranks in UMD and Disable Device. However he has no trapspotter style skills so he has to actively search for traps.

His saves are around +10 each.

2. Level 5 Human Slayer Haliban is archery focused and will have Improved Precise Shot at level 6. His skills and talents are focused on dealing with traps and he has Trap Sense and Trapspotter.
However since he shot up in levels via 4 modules his gold is lagging a bit. His gear will be a bit behind but I should have the basics covered by level 7. He has a low Will save.

3. Level 3 Human Hunter If it looks like it will take a few months before this gets going then Dortlin may be high enough level. At level 7 Dortlin will have access to a few nice buff spells (Lvl 3 options: Greater Magic Fang and either Life Bubble or Good Hope) Sharing his teamwork feats with his Ceratosaurus companion (Think T-Rex but with Trip instead of grab/powerful bite] he uses high strength plus setting up opportunity attacks to out a lot of damage. He will have some monster knowledges but no skills with traps. Unfortunately he will be lacking in armor class so unless we have dedicated healer with shield other he'll struggle a bit.
(05-27-2017, 09:05 PM)Edward McGee Wrote: I played Bonekeep part 1 and things didn't go so hot. We had 2 new players playing pregens, One non pregen death occurred, And we didn't finish in time. So I was in no hurry to do parts 2 and 3.

But thanks to this Paizo poll https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PathfinderSociety I now have a couple of replays available. And I want to spend one of them to replay Bonekeep. Hopefully with much better results. And lead into parts 2 and 3.

I want to play high tier.
Parts 1 and two are tier 3 - 7 while part 3 is tier 5 - 9.
Part one was tough. I'm told part two is even harder. We want a balanced party of fairly optimized characters.

Several players at the last Giga gameday expressed interest so I'm starting a thread.

Warning! There is a very real chance your character will die. Life is full of risks and challenges can be fun. But Bonekeep doesn't play fair.

If you are interested in doing all 3 parts list your available characters and some general info about them.

My options
1. Level 6 Oread Unchained Monk (preferred) While Rocky does have Improved Grapple his primary focus is unarmed melee attacks (20 Str). He uses Dragon Style/Ferocity to increase his unarmed damage. Assuming he starts this at 7th level his unarmed strikes bypass DR magic, cold iron, and silver. He plans to buy an adamantum weapon soon and will have at least one oil of align weapon.
His AC counting Mage Armor and self cast Barkskin is 28. He also has Mobility and a decent UMD to activate his wand of Shield.
Skillwise he has the usual Acrobatics and Perception but he is also has max ranks in UMD and Disable Device. However he has no trapspotter style skills so he has to actively search for traps.

His saves are around +10 each.

2. Level 5 Human Slayer Haliban is archery focused and will have Improved Precise Shot at level 6. His skills and talents are focused on dealing with traps and he has Trap Sense and Trapspotter.
However since he shot up in levels via 4 modules his gold is lagging a bit. His gear will be a bit behind but I should have the basics covered by level 7. He has a low Will save.

3. Level 3 Human Hunter If it looks like it will take a few months before this gets going then Dortlin may be high enough level. At level 7 Dortlin will have access to a few nice buff spells (Lvl 3 options: Greater Magic Fang and either Life Bubble or Good Hope) Sharing his teamwork feats with his Ceratosaurus companion (Think T-Rex but with Trip instead of grab/powerful bite] he uses high strength plus setting up opportunity attacks to out a lot of damage. He will have some monster knowledges but no skills with traps. Unfortunately he will be lacking in armor class so unless we have dedicated healer with shield other he'll struggle a bit.

I'm in for this as well. I haven't played any of the Bonekeeps and I have a character who I'd like to try to get through all three parts with the same character (I realize that's probably asking for trouble but anyway, heroes should have heroic ambitions, right?!?)

Dawa Kookpa, Aasimar Dual-Cursed Lunar Oracle 6 / Bard 1
* He creates moonlight bridges for his party members to scurry charge across. He uses the misfortune revelation to force rerolls from enemies (and friends, when needed). He casts spells such as Sand Whirlwind, Burst of Radiance, Murderous Command, Liberating Command, and Ill Omen.
* He is doubly cursed, so he's slow retrieving things (haunted curse) and in combat he only speaks Celestial (tongues curse), so it would be great to have at least one ally along who also speaks Celestial.
* By the power of Shelyn (and the Divine Expression feat), he Inspires Courage as a move action. By the power of the Flagbearer feat (and the Banner of the Ancient Kings which he is one adventure away from being able to afford), his inspire courage provides a +2 competence bonus to attack & damage, and the banner provides a +2 morale bonus to attack & damage.
* He is accompanied by K'nai IV, a Celestial Servant Tiger (Totem Guide archetype) with pounce.

I'm currently 2 XP away from level 8, so I haven't been playing him in order to keep him in tier for the first two Bonekeeps. Ideally, I'd like to play him one time (perhaps with this Bonekeep group as a trial run) to get enough gold to be able to afford the Banner of the Ancient Kings, and then play Bonekeeps 1 & 2 on slow track, so that he would hit level 8 after the conclusion of the 2nd Bonekeep.
An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/100198/report

PFS ID: 100198