PF Card Game August 16th, 2018
Pathfinder Adventure Card Guild at Battle & Brew!

If you wish to come, please sign up so I can gauge how many tables we should have.

I know it has been a while since we had a card game day like this, but with recent renewed interest from some people, I am happy to try to make the Card Game work again here!

I am putting the sign up here so that it's not too far down the post and will have some answers to some questions below the signup:

CANCELLED

Show ContentOld:

Event Code: TBD

What is the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game?
The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game is a cooperative card game (non-collectible) that consists of a series of boxes that you play a cooperative adventure out of. There are currently four base set boxes out right now (Rise of the Runelords, Skulls & Shackles, Wrath of the Righteous, and Mummy's Mask). The original box of Rise of the Runelords was released in 2013. These boxes can be played standalone without any separate accessories, with the exception of needing some expansions to play the higher levels of the game. Each box comes with a set of low level scenarios that you can play through as a party. The game can be played with 1-4 players, and 5-6 players if there is the character expansion deck in the box. However, this gameday is playing the Organized Play version of it explained below....

What is the Adventure Card Guild?
The Adventure Card Guild is an Organized Play version of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. It uses separate scenarios from what is provided in the base sets, but each season of scenarios tells you which box to use. Just like Pathfinder Society or Starfinder Society, you are able to take your deck to any Adventure Card Guild game and be able to play your character. Just like the non-organized play version of the card game, it can be played with 1-4 players, and 5-6 players with the character expansion.

OK Great. What do I need to play?
Each player needs to have a copy of a Class Deck or Ultimate Add-on Deck (a Class Deck is more recommended for a beginner as they contain more characters to choose from). Other than that, I will bring the boxes, expansions, chronicles sheets, and scenarios needed to play the game for the gameday. I can give you a pregenerated character to work with if you don't have a Class Deck, but the pregenerated character rules are not the best in the Card Game for applying credit, but you can at least get a feel for the game. (Please be sure to tell me you need a pregen ahead of time)

What are the basic rules of the game?
I wouldn't worry too much with the basic rules... we can help you learn as you go. However, if you're interested, here's a sample of the rules from the Mummy's Mask box. Most of the basic rules are the same across the sets, with only a few exceptions here and there. (For example, the Mummy's Mask box introduces Triggers, Curses, and Traders, which won't be present in the other sets, and other sets will contain types of cards not found in the Mummy's Mask box)

A quick Google search will usually bring a up a PDF of the free rulebooks for each different box.

How does Organized Play work?
Here is the Pathfinder Society Adventure Card Guild Guide! It contains much of the information you need to play the game with Organized Play.

I see there's a tier listed for the scenario. What does that mean?
It's just a terminology difference between the RPG and Card Game. In RPG, you have Levels 1-20. In the Card Game, you have Tiers 1-6. It represents the relative power of your character. Starting characters begin as Tier 1 characters. You can play one tier outside of your character's tier. So, for example, if the scenario were Tier 2, a Tier 1, 2, or 3 character could play in it. A Tier 4, 5, or 6 character would be too high tier to play in a Tier 2 scenario.

How do I make a starting (Tier 1) character?
If you need help with this at a gameday, I can show you if you come a little early. Again, you will need a Class Deck or Ultimate Add-On deck to be able to participate. I can give you a pregenerated character to work with if you don't have a Class Deck, but the pregenerated character rules are not the best in the Card Game for applying credit, but you can at least get a feel for the game. (Please be sure to tell me you need a pregen ahead of time)

However, if you want to try on your own, here's a basic rundown:

- You choose one of the characters from your Class Deck/Ultimate Add-On deck. It is encouraged that you give a read through of their abilities before choosing. (a Class Deck is more recommended for a beginner as they contain more characters to choose from)
- You look at the back of the character stat card (where it says "Cards List"). It should look like this: Valeros Example
- Based on that information, you pick a number of cards from your Class Deck/Ultimate Add-On deck that match the number of cards on your Cards List.  Just use the boxes on the left and ignore any numbers with checkboxes next to them - those are reserved for upgrades to your character. You can only choose cards that have the basic trait on them, which is located on the left side of the card on top of the artwork. With the example with Valeros, it says he has 5 weapons, no spells, 3 armor, 2 items, 2 allies, and 3 blessings. He would choose cards with the basic trait from his class deck until he has filled all those card types up. That is his deck. (If you run out of cards of that type with the basic trait, you can start adding any cards that have a B in the upper righthand corner. This is rare, and you must first run out of basic cards before you do this)
If I could get a ride (I live behind Giga Bites) I would play.
I'll be a hard maybe.
I'm a definite no for Aug 16 (out of town) but an interested possible for future games.
An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/100198/report

PFS ID: 100198
Hi, I’d like to play. I have a few things I can play depending on the scenario.

Jennoconn
PFS ID: 230620 
PFS Tracker  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/230620/
Characters 6/4/17: Hoptrollop Gnome Sorcerer - Level 6 and Twoey Dyad Half-Elf Ranger (Tracker, Melee) - Level 3
Thinking about holding this gameday off and trying again the week after Dragon Con where there may be more availability.
It conflicts with comic book club at my parents basement. Lisa and I both have mutual friends there so we tend to hit it on third Thursdays
I don't forsee others signing up then. Will cancel this gameday and plan another after Dragon Con. Will be posting a new game soon.