Starfinder Society Guidelines
Hey guys, new player to starfinder and pathfinder, just switched from 3.5. Had a question

I've been trying to get a paizo account set up to get a couple PDFs since Thursday. Paizo support was out for the con, and still no response on the error I'm getting setting up the account. I have the hard copy of the CRB, but I need the Starfinder Society guidelines pdf. Even though it's free on paizo, I cant download it without the account I cant set up, so I was wondering if anyone can give a link to one I could use in interim for character creation and whatnot. That, or just provide guidelines for character creation based on society, since I'm unaware if it differs from CRB or what rules are in place. Thanks in advance!
CRB Build
Only Standard races from core (without boons)
Items: Core +1 level, Non-Core = Level
Non-Evil

Will get you to the ball park...
See my gaming stuff at https://tmf.space
- Any theme is allowed, including themeless
- Only the races at the front of the book are allowed (Android, Human, Kasatha, Lashunta, Shirren, Vesk, and Ysoki)
- 10 point buy (as described in the core rulebook)
- Start at 1st level, and every 3 XP you receive you gain a level
- Can't be evil
- 1,000 starting credits
- You can buy anything in the Core Rulebook that is your level + 1 (or, when starting, level 2), and if you have other resources (such as Pact Worlds), you can only buy up to your level (or, when starting, level 1) (And for future reference, if it's on a chronicle sheet that you obtain, you can buy at level + 2)
Also, if you haven't already, I would definitely contact Customer Service about your issue.
Thank you Andrew, that's everything I needed to know! Point buy was a big question, along with XP. If I've played as pregens enough to have 4 or 5 xp I would start at level 2 then, correct?

I've reached out to customer service and webmaster, but they just came back from LOA for Paizocon, so I'm awaiting a response still. This will do nicely in the meantime! Thank you so much!
If you have enough pregen XP, then yes, you start at a higher level. Also means you can start off with higher level stuff based on the purchasing guidelines. (i.e., if you're level 2 right now, you could purchase level 3 stuff from the Core rulebook or level 2 stuff from other resources, plus level 4 stuff if it's on a chronicle)

4 or 5 xp would be level 2.

Let us know if you want some character advice too!
Will do! I have a general idea of how I would like to build, so going to give it a whirl this morning and see how it goes.