Inquisitor of Desna - Should I...?
I am thinking about making an Inquisitor of Desna.  

I'm running into a few questions/complications in my design, and would love some opinions.

I'd like to go 2-handed power attacking melee monster, what's the best way to pick up a proficiency in the needed weapon - just a straight feat "tax" or are there any other tricks people might recommendd?  I'm not a fan of Desna's weapon (star knife) for the concept i'm envisioning.

I really like the looks of both the Liberation and Travel Domains, as well as the "Channeling Scourge" feat.  Is taking 1 level of cleric early a trap?  The reduced BAB and getting to Bane one level later feels like a heavy penalty to pay.  Some of this concept originally came from an undead heavy AP that I went a different way with.

Any race and stat advice?  I understand that Wisdom is really secondary based on the concept I have and the nature of their spell progression.

Also, any advice regarding the "Sanctified Slayer" archetype?  I'm leaning towards that but would like to hear people's opinion on Study&Sneak vs. Judgments.  For example it seems like I can use "Study" far more often than "Judgement" at lower levels and the overall damage output seems a little higher.

Any other tips for a new Inquisitor player?
I would say overall, I don't know that there is enough undead in PFS to justify the dip into Cleric and Channelling Scourge feat.  It feels really situational to me.

I see it as a happy coincidence when you run into those scenarios with a Cleric or Oracle healer, but it's not the primary focus of those characters.
Suggestions for a melee inquisitor.

The Heirloom Weapon trait can grant proficiency on a weapon of your choice. But you would have to pay for a Masterwork Transformation spell.
Or you could pick a race that grants proficiency with a good weapon.
Otherwise you face a feat tax. Half=Elf can take the Ancestral Arms racial trait in place of skill focus.

Stats before racial adjustment: Str 16, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 7
Switch Str and Dex if you go Elf/Elven Branch

I've always felt the Judgement ability was under powered compared to similar abilities in other classes. You could consider an archetype that replaces it.

Sacred Huntmaster gives you an animal companion. You share your teamwork feats with it instead of your allies but there are ways around that.
Sanctified Slayer is fantastic but it will hurt to wait until you get to study as a swift action. The talents are nice and the social bonuses can come in handy. My 7 Cha Sanctified Slayer was the party face more then once due to study plus some social spells.
Preacher is a good archetype if you don't have much use for the teamwork feats.

I would not multiclass.
(05-17-2017, 03:29 PM)Edward McGee Wrote: Suggestions for a melee inquisitor.

The Heirloom Weapon trait can grant proficiency on a weapon of your choice. But you would have to pay for a Masterwork Transformation spell.
Or you could pick a race that grants proficiency with a good weapon.  
Otherwise you face a feat tax. Half=Elf can take the Ancestral Arms racial trait in place of skill focus.
With that ONE weapon, ever.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
I went half orc for the weapon proficiency.