Charge Attack (Blitz)
My Blitz Soldier just hit lvl 5 and now gained the Charge Attack abbility.  

As a standard action, you can make a charge without the charge penalties (see page 248), and you can substitute a bull rush for the melee attack at the end of the charge. When you gain the soldier’s onslaught class feature, you can make two attacks instead of one at the end of your charge, both with a -4 penalty.

Since I can charge as a standard action now, does this mean I can take a move action to position my self for a charge and then use a standard action to make the charge attack?
The usual charge limitations apply and you will only get the one attack until you get Onslaught but yes.
Yeah, you can cover a lot of ground with that. Solarions can take something similar, except their bull rush does damage.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
I was wondering whether you still move double your speed with a standard action charge...
(05-16-2018, 12:16 AM)dbrain Wrote: I was wondering whether you still move double your speed with a standard action charge...

There is no benefit to a charge other than geting to double your move and make an attack.
That wasn't my issue. In Pathfinder, when you charge as a full action, you move double your speed. If you charge as a standard (when acting in a surprise round or staggered, for instance,) you only move your speed. In Starfinder, when you charge you move double your speed, and none of the abilities that let you charge as a standard action have any language changing how far you move. This is the crux of my curiosity.
A 1st level solarian with a speed of 30' can charge 60' as a full action. At 2nd level with Stellar Rush, can they move 30' as a move action, then charge 60' as a standard? That seems to be the intent.
(05-16-2018, 10:46 AM)dbrain Wrote: That wasn't my issue. In Pathfinder, when you charge as a full action, you move double your speed. If you charge as a standard (when acting in a surprise round or staggered, for instance,) you only move your speed. In Starfinder, when you charge you move double your speed, and none of the abilities that let you charge as a standard action have any language changing how far you move. This is the crux of my curiosity.
A 1st level solarian with a speed of 30'  can charge 60' as a full action. At 2nd level with Stellar Rush, can they move 30' as a move action, then charge 60' as a standard? That seems to be the intent.

The ability lets the Solarion charge as a standard and doesn't really give any restriction on it. So I would say, yes, they could do that.

It's even better when combined with the numerous other revelations that are a move action to use.
That's what I figured. Also goes pretty well with my recently acquired Falcon Boots.
Falcon Kick?
See my gaming stuff at https://tmf.space