The Masked Ferret
3-6

Tuesday
2018-06-26
7:00 PM
01-01: The Commencement
The Masked Ferret
1-2

Do you have any suggestions for what the 2018 Q2 schedule should look like? We will start with the second half of Manny's Dead Suns 1 run. General plan after that is to have new scenarios on the 2nd and 3rd Tuesdays, and that 3rd Tuesdays are RSP days. Weeks inbetween will be a mix of Repeatables and Adventure paths. First new repeatable will come out end of April/very early may. Do we want that one multiple times that month?
See my gaming stuff at https://tmf.space
(03-02-2018, 03:05 PM)TheMaskedFerret Wrote: --Reserved--

Do you have any suggestions for what the 2018 Q2 schedule should look like? We will start with the second half of Manny's Dead Suns 1 run. General plan after that is to have new scenarios on the 2nd and 3rd Tuesdays, and that 3rd Tuesdays are RSP days. Weeks inbetween will be a mix of Repeatables and Adventure paths. First new repeatable will come out end of April/very early may. Do we want that one multiple times that month?

It sounds good so far. We only have so much to work with so I think we can do the new one multiple times but probably not in a row.
In case it matters, here's the blurb for the repeatable:

Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Scenario #1–12: Ashes of Discovery
A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–4.

When a major Pact Worlds organization approaches the Starfinder Society about investigating an abandoned outpost in Near Space, the PCs get assigned to the case. Travelling to a distant world, surmounting dangerous threats in the void of space, and meeting new alien cultures—this mission is about everything the Starfinder Society embodies.

Ashes of Discovery is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to what it's like to be a member of the Starfinder Society. With randomized mechanical and story elements, when you play this scenario, you'll never play the same scenario twice.

Written by Crystal Malarsky and John Laffan

Scenario Tags: Repeatable, Starship
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

Well... haha, in that case, "in a row" doesnt matter.

(03-04-2018, 10:30 PM)pgfrix Wrote: In case it matters, here's the blurb for the repeatable:

Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Scenario #1–12: Ashes of Discovery

When a major Pact Worlds organization approaches the Starfinder Society about investigating an abandoned outpost in Near Space, the PCs get assigned to the case. Travelling to a distant world, surmounting dangerous threats in the void of space, and meeting new alien cultures—this mission is about everything the Starfinder Society embodies.

Ashes of Discovery is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to what it's like to be a member of the Starfinder Society. With randomized mechanical and story elements, when you play this scenario, you'll never play the same scenario twice.

Written by Crystal Malarsky and John Laffan

Thanks for this
(03-04-2018, 10:30 PM)pgfrix Wrote: With randomized mechanical and story elements, when you play this scenario, you'll never play the same scenario twice.

I *do* suspect that the standing rule of not being able to put the same chronicle on the same character more than once will still be in effect, however.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

I was thinking May 1 and May 8 for AP 3, which will be Tier 5-6.

NOTE - no viable pregen exists for this scenario (if played in SFS mode). Calling it 'campaign mode' might allow you to just call something an unofficial pregen, *but* honestly, I wouldn't hand anything past a L4 pregen to a new player as a best practice.

*If* you're still considering this content appropriate for retail organized play, I'd advise offering intro content opposite it which isn't exactly easy with space constraints and current table count.

Is running this off-book, at the store, as a semi-public game at some time other than the usual night an option?
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

(03-06-2018, 09:57 PM)pgfrix Wrote: I was thinking May 1 and May 8 for AP 3, which will be Tier 5-6.

NOTE - no viable pregen exists for this scenario (if played in SFS mode).  Calling it 'campaign mode' might allow you to just call something an unofficial pregen, *but* honestly, I wouldn't hand anything past a L4 pregen to a new player as a best practice.

*If* you're still considering this content appropriate for retail organized play, I'd advise offering intro content opposite it which isn't exactly easy with space constraints and current table count.  

Is running this off-book, at the store, as a semi-public game at some time other than the usual night an option?

I'm down with it as long as it isn't on a Wednesday or Saturday.
I would like to see AP 3 towards the end of april/beginning of may.
I would also request some 3-6 modules so those of us with 5th level characters can make it to 6th before the AP
(03-04-2018, 10:30 PM)pgfrix Wrote: Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Scenario #1–12: Ashes of Discovery

FYI, Thursty publicly posted map spoilers yesterday:

-Starfinder Flip-Mat: Basic Starfield
-Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Sunken City
-Full-Page Custom Map

Sunken City...clearly is going to create demand where none existed before. It would be amazing to find that in a retail inventory.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

updated schedule posted
See my gaming stuff at https://tmf.space