Starfinder collected information
(05-26-2017, 08:22 PM)huntsfromshadow Wrote: Quick Update. Here at Paizcon just had an quick elevator conversation with Tonya Woldridge.

Starfinder society is going to drop as live on Thursday at Gencon so local stores can run them that weekend.
From what she was saying they don't see any reason to delay the release till post GenCon. She said we should hear more aobut it this weekend at various panels. The scenarios and books will be delivered early to subscribers.

Release Schedule

The Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild will launch with 3 scenarios, 1 pre-generated character special, and 1 quest pack at Gen Con on August 17th. After that, anyone may schedule Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild events, and one scenario will be published each month.

Scenarios 01-01 to 01-03 - details are leaking out (incl. titles); these seem to be conventional low-tier material for non-pregens.

Pre-gen character special - previous interviews have indicated this is Level 4 content primarily intended to introduce story (i.e. campaign fluff)

Quest pack - previous interviews have indicated that this is intended for use with the L1 campaign pregens (maybe non-pregens?  I forget - look for Know Direction interview with Thursty, John, and Tonya) and are primarily intended to teach system mechanics (i.e. crunch)

So...just from a retail organizer perspective, I'd schedule Quests, then pre-gen special, *then* 1-01 to 1-03.  That easily has you covered into consumer holiday season IMHO.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starfinder collected information - by pgfrix - 05-29-2017, 11:10 AM
RE: Starfinder collected information - by pgfrix - 06-21-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: Starfinder collected information - by pgfrix - 06-24-2017, 07:53 AM
RE: Starfinder collected information - by pgfrix - 06-25-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Starfinder collected information - by T-Storm - 08-11-2017, 11:32 AM