Giga-Bites March 17th 2018 Game Day - SFS! and PFS?
(03-01-2018, 10:39 AM)liamfisher Wrote: Play test with pregens to avoid muddying characters?

Hey - no pressure, but Liam has homed exactly in on why it's basically off the books. I'm happy to log contact info (and, of course, super interested in general PC type and player mindset), but don't count on ever seeing a chronicle. There's *a lot* of impediments, and no easy path up that mountain. Pregens 'work' in so much as they're the party line, but not even Thursty will try to claim the current product line is written to support a table of five Obozayas.

Again, I'm also perfectly happy just running a PFS core, but I'd appreciate it if someone could make that decision for me by about T-1 week.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

(03-03-2018, 11:17 AM)pgfrix Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 10:39 AM)liamfisher Wrote: Play test with pregens to avoid muddying characters?

Hey - no pressure, but Liam has homed exactly in on why it's basically off the books.  I'm happy to log contact info (and, of course, super interested in general PC type and player mindset), but don't count on ever seeing a chronicle.  There's *a lot* of impediments, and no easy path up that mountain.  Pregens 'work' in so much as they're the party line, but not even Thursty will try to claim the current product line is written to support a table of five Obozayas.

Again, I'm also perfectly happy just running a PFS core, but I'd appreciate it if someone could make that decision for me by about T-1 week.

I think the concern there is that folks think you are running an approved SFS scenario for legal table credit.

Hence why I suggested using pregens or at least making sure people know that it is a test and to not make any
permanent expenditures on their characters.

Also, if you don't want six Obozayas, only bring one sheet, just like they do for the pregen special. 

I like the idea of play testing stuff locally, it sounds fun and I would dig into it if I wasn't running the AP table.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
So for anyone interested in playtesting in slot two, here's the blurb for you to metagame from:

GLOAMING OF THE GECKO (Tier 1-4)

Pushing back the frontiers of the known galaxy came at a high price for the crew of the SFS Cynosure. The PCs are tasked with resuming that ill-fated crew’s exploration of a tundral world deep in the Vast before extraordinary circumstances render their sacrifice and their scientific discoveries moot.

Tags: Wayfinders

Do not expect a chronicle, play whatever you like as long as it's PFS legal, and I should have the official pregens on hand if that'd be your preference.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

I went ahead and tossed in your playtest, Perry. We'll see if people are interested.
"Ready Action:  Shoot Giant Weasel!"

Games Played:
PFS Tracker of Games Played
Lisa cant play that day so please remove her from the first game.  I will stick around for the play test.
What tier do you want to test at? Since it isn't official we could make things interesting and just build level 4 characters with pregens for anyone who doesn't.

My character preference would be Operative or Technomancer.
I'm in for the play test, with a beautiful technicolor vision of pinniped grace.
(03-10-2018, 10:32 AM)Edward McGee Wrote: What tier do you want to test at?

First test was tier 3-4. I have no strong take, but completeness would suggest 1-2.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

Since no one has said anything on the AP, I am planning on playing a Technomancer Science Officer.

Same starting rules as SFS (including gold)? Can we do classic races?
I'm going to have to back out for the playtest. I have to be somewhere at 6 for a work function.