Feat tax for eastern weapon?
I was building a character and was going to go for the Rapier but for aesthetic reasons (building a weeb) I wanted to use a wakizashi, as it appears to have all the same attributes as the Rapier (finessable, light, crit range, crit multiplier, everything). Am I required to take a feat tax to use the eastern weapon for society play? If it matters, the character is meant to be eastern in origin.
No, you could just use a rapier (which is a martial one-handed piercing weapon, not a light weapon) rather than a wakizashi (which is an exotic light piercing OR slashing weapon with the deadly special property) or play a class that gives you a wakizashi proficiency (samurai, ninja) or select a racial option that gives you a proficiency.

What you are asking about is called "re-skinning" and there are very few legal options to re-skin in PFS.
PFS ID# 62037
Mostly-correct PFS Tracker info here.

For example, an alternate racial ability for Half-Elves (Ancestral Arms) lets you get Exotic/Martial Weapon Proficiency for 1 weapon of your choice, such as a Wakizashi
Scenario's Played: PFS Tracker Profile
(02-14-2018, 11:17 AM)kysharr Wrote: I was building a character and was going to go for the Rapier but for aesthetic reasons (building a weeb) I wanted to use a wakizashi, as it appears to have all the same attributes as the Rapier (finessable, light, crit range, crit multiplier, everything). Am I required to take a feat tax to use the eastern weapon for society play? If it matters, the character is meant to be eastern in origin.

Rapier is just a pointy metal stick with a fancy handle.  It only does piercing damage. 

A wakizashi is a blade that was mostly meant to kill already disabled opponents and it does slashing and piercing damage, plus extra DC on coupe de grace.

Damage types are a big thing.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
Rapier it is then, thanks!