Hero Lab Online
(10-09-2018, 11:51 AM)LokiTheWanderer Wrote: So far, the heaviest testing is around having multiple devices/browsers logged in at the same time and to have any updates made in one session to automatically update in all others.  The auto-updating has been inconsistent, at best.

I have submitted a few bug reports on a few existing items in the production environment:
1) Efficient Bandolier, per the Core Rulebook, is supposed to be able to only carry ammunition.  In HLO, it is acting as a standard container, permitting any item to be stored within it.

2)  Heavy Armor Proficiency has a strength minimum of 13.  HLO does not block the addition of heavy armor on a soldier that does not meet the minimum strength.

But, the solder would already have the proficiency (from being a soldier), so they don't need to meet the minimum Strength requirements for the feat.
See my gaming stuff at https://tmf.space
(10-09-2018, 12:42 PM)TheMaskedFerret Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 11:51 AM)LokiTheWanderer Wrote: So far, the heaviest testing is around having multiple devices/browsers logged in at the same time and to have any updates made in one session to automatically update in all others.  The auto-updating has been inconsistent, at best.

I have submitted a few bug reports on a few existing items in the production environment:
1) Efficient Bandolier, per the Core Rulebook, is supposed to be able to only carry ammunition.  In HLO, it is acting as a standard container, permitting any item to be stored within it.

2)  Heavy Armor Proficiency has a strength minimum of 13.  HLO does not block the addition of heavy armor on a soldier that does not meet the minimum strength.

But, the solder would already have the proficiency (from being a soldier), so they don't need to meet the minimum Strength requirements for the feat.

Yes, they would have the feat, but, without the strength of 13, you can't use it.

p152- Prerequistes.

'A character must have each indicated ability score, feat, BAB, skill , class feature and other listed quality in order to select or use that feat'

So, while the feat is "granted" to them, as far as access to it, using it is a completely different story.
Is that different from Pathfinder?
This comes from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook:

Quote:Prerequisites
Some feats have prerequisites. Your character must have the indicated ability score, class feature, feat, skill, base attack bonus, or other quality designated in order to select or use that feat. A character can gain a feat at the same level at which he gains the prerequisite.
A character can't use a feat if he loses a prerequisite, but he does not lose the feat itself. If, at a later time, he regains the lost prerequisite, he immediately regains full use of the feat that prerequisite enables.
I have never heard that interpretation before. Always, if you got a feat from a class feature (not selected by you), and you did not meet the prerequisites, it was considered a way to bypass the prerequisites. The language you are referencing has always applied if you selected the feat, not if it was a part of your class.
This was the interpretation I had to run with, as everything I saw in the discussion in the forums led down that same path.  So, even if you get the feat as a class feat, you can't use it unless you meet the prerequisites.  I look at it like driving a car.  Sure, we may sort of know how before we're licensed, but, the prerequisite is the license, which has an age / training prerequisite before you can even go down that path.
Classes grant proficiency directly, they don't give you the feat. The feat is just another way to gain proficiency.

Starfinder Core Rulebook pg. 514
Proficiency: You have proficiency with a weapon or armor type if you're trained in its use, through either your class or a feat. See pages 242-243.
Yes, but you still need to meet the requirements to use the proficiency or feat, especially if you are able to lose access to it by losing the prerequisite.
In any event, this has been referred to Paizo for clarification as an FAQ, as there are multiple threads on this in both the PF and SF forums. Unless they clearly state one option or another, it's subject to interpretation, and my interpretation (as was also the interpretation of Lone Wolf Development) is that the feat is available but not able to be used if you do not meet the required prerequisites, in spite of it being a class feat.
The Starfinder Armory update dropped into HeroLab Online today. I'm already submitting bug reports on it. The Summoning Grenade doesn't function within the program the way it should via the book (you're supposed to determine what it summons at the time of purchase, and the software does not automatically bring in the summon area to the character the way it should - like any other character that can summon). Testing the Wonder Grenade now...