Needler Pistol and Serum of healing
The Needler pistol states that is can be loaded with drugs, injury poison or medicinal compound.  Does anyone know if it is legal if SFS to use a healing serum in the gun?  I know the gun does 1d4 damage and the healing serum does 1d8 hp of healing.  I could see this being used as a way to stabilize a person from a distance if you couldn't get to them.
I kinda feel like this is still in 'expect table variation' territory, likely to be settled one day in the distant future by FAQ or by supplemental rules material.

We had a similar idea come up the other night re: whether or not drones could deliver healing serum, whether they'd have to be designed for the purpose, etc.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

(12-26-2017, 12:20 AM)pgfrix Wrote: I kinda feel like this is still in 'expect table variation' territory, likely to be settled one day in the distant future by FAQ or by supplemental rules material.

We had a similar idea come up the other night re: whether or not drones could deliver healing serum, whether they'd have to be designed for the purpose, etc.

Not much to say here - it's pretty cut and dry.

Quote:Injection

This weapon or its ammunition can be filled with a drug, an injury poison, or a medicinal compound. On a successful attack with the weapon (either the first attack if it’s a melee weapon or an attack with the relevant piece of ammunition if it’s a ranged weapon), the weapon automatically injects the target with the substance.

Serums are not on the medicinals list - just three items currently.

Quote:Medicinals
Though numerous pharmaceuticals and similar substances can be referred to as medicinals, this entry refers specifically to substances primarily used to treat ailments and which lack addictive properties. However, many medicinals can also be used to help incapacitate a target or capture one largely unharmed. Medicinals can be delivered in the same way as drugs, including via a successful attack with a weapon with the injection weapon special property.
The three most common categories of medicinals are described below. Regardless of a medicinal’s effects, its price is tied to its tier, as shown on Table 7–34: Drugs, Medicinals, and Poisons.

Analgesic
An analgesic deadens sensory input and is used by medical professionals to reduce sensations of pain. If you take or are injected with an analgesic, you are flat-footed for 1 round per tier of the medicinal. You also gain a bonus (equal to the analgesic’s tier) to saving throws against pain effects for 10 minutes per tier of the medicinal.

Antitoxin
An antitoxin is a broad-spectrum medicinal designed to weaken all poisons in your system. When you take or are injected with an antitoxin, you gain a bonus (equal to 3 + the medicinal’s tier) to saving throws against poison for a number of hours equal to its tier.

Sedative
Numerous mild sedatives commonly available for purchase have legitimate medical uses, but they are also popular among some bounty hunters to help capture their quarries alive. If you take or are injected with a sedative, you take nonlethal damage. A tier 1 sedative deals 1d4 nonlethal damage, a tier 2 sedative deals 2d4 nonlethal damage, a tier 3 sedative deals 4d4 nonlethal damage, and a tier 4 sedative deals 8d4 nonlethal damage. When suffering from an emotion or fear effect that allows a saving throw to negate it, you can take or be injected with a sedative that permits you to immediately attempt a new saving throw with a bonus equal to the sedative’s tier to end the effect, as long as it’s not a permanent or instantaneous effect.

Serums are likewise very well defined.   They have to be imbibed.

Quote:Serums

Serums are vials of magic liquid that you can imbibe as a standard action or carefully trickle down the throat of a helpless or unconscious creature as a full action. Serums are normally 1 ounce of liquid (though it is possible to make serums with larger volumes, these are no more effective than standard serums), and lose potency if they are mixed with any other material. A serum can be used only once. Regardless of a serum’s actual item level, all serum vials have their hardness and Hit Points calculated as if they were 1st-level items.

So yeah, not much variance to expect there - no serums loaded in injection weapons.

But you can mess someone's day up with medicinals. drugs, or poisons.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/