The Shifter?
So, anyone got an opinion about the newest Pathfinder character class: Ultimate Wilderness' Shifter? I haven't really delved into it yet but over on the paizo forums there seems to be a lot of dislike.
An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/100198/report

PFS ID: 100198
It's incredibly narrow. It is really good at what it does... which is pounce at level 4. But as it is, a druid is WAAAAAAAY more versatile than that class is. I think it could have used some more playtesting.

But if you want to play a powerhouse shifting character, it does the job. Just I think once you get to higher levels you're better off playing a wild shaping druid due to having full spellcasting and way more options to wild shape into.

I wouldn't really call it "weak" though. It can keep up with martials for damage and then some. The poster build I can think of for it is a hybrid wolverine/lion build where you pounce in lion form and rage with the minor wolverine shape.
The fun thing will be the Oozemorph archetype, which can't even talk or carry objects for more than an hour a day at 1st level. It'll be a fun mission briefing when a blob of goo slurps in to Drandle Dreng's office and the player has to decide whether it is worth giving up the ability to open a door later for the chance to ask a question.
That's assuming the oozemorph archetype becomes legal. I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't be. Same with the raging one that can go berserk. The others I feel have a pretty high chance of making it in.