Starfinder Useful Items
This is not only a question that I have, but also a particularly useful thread to keep long-term for any new users in the future.

There are a ton of new items in the equipment section - for those we have read the entire thing, and/or have some experience playing already, which are the items/equipments that you think are important to purchase at the start?
Scenario's Played: PFS Tracker Profile
Some would just say everything but I'll keep it simple.

Unless you didn't take a profession I would buy a tool kit for your profession and a professional outfit. They quickly pay for themselves on your day job roll.
Make sure you have any tool kits specific to your skills. hacking kit and/or Engineering kit.
Buy at least 1 Serum of healing, mk 1.
If you don't have darkvision buy a flashlight.
Also basics such as Everyday clothing and a Hygiene kit.
I would also buy 1 week of rations.

Buy some armor. Buy a weapon unless you are a caster with low Dex in which case you should have Daze as a cantrip for at least your first level or two.
Industrial backpack

Medpatch for someone else to use on you
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

(09-27-2017, 04:57 PM)Edward McGee Wrote: Some would just say everything but I'll keep it simple.

Unless you didn't take a profession I would buy a tool kit for your profession and a professional outfit. They quickly pay for themselves on your day job roll.
Make sure you have any tool kits specific to your skills. hacking kit and/or Engineering kit.
Buy at least 1 Serum of healing, mk 1.
If you don't have darkvision buy a flashlight.
Also basics such as Everyday clothing and a Hygiene kit.
I would also buy 1 week of rations.

Buy some armor. Buy a weapon unless you are a caster with low Dex in which case you should have Daze as a cantrip for at least your first level or two.

Everyone should buy weapons, I watched "caster only" characters sit there uselessly through combats at Dragoncon until they got a gun in the scenario.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
I think the starstone compass is a very useful nick knack for just 3 credits iirc. It gives you a +2 to navigation checks when charting a course in space, which I can see becoming a semi-common skill check, especially for sandbox adventures.
(10-03-2017, 08:57 AM)kysharr Wrote: I think the starstone compass is a very useful nick knack for just 3 credits iirc. It gives you a +2 to navigation checks when charting a course in space, which I can see becoming a semi-common skill check, especially for sandbox adventures.

For 3 credits it's hard to argue with, but bear in mind it's a circumstance bonus which is easily replaced by anyone who puts build resources (such as a skill modifying feat) into being a dedicated pilot.  I'd definitely call it a star shaman, dex 14 'pilot' item.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report