SFGE 2021 / DragonCon 2021 open call for GMs
The City of Atlanta instituted a mask mandate effective last night, so all individuals, vaccinated or not, are required to mask indoors in the city. 

Southern-Fried Gaming Expo announced their health and safety policies (which are subject to change) prior to the city mandate (but the convention also takes place in an unincorporated area of Cobb County, which has not made any announcement about masking).  SFGE's intention is to push forward with an in-person convention (unless something changes between now and August 20th).  Because of changes at DragonCon with respect to the game space for this year and a request from SFGE to partner with them going forward, my plan has been to offer the Season 2 PF2 special and the Season 3 SF special at this convention but to also focus on low level and intro scenarios.  If you're interested in signing up, please fill out the GM Questionnaire and sign up for the spots you'd like to run on the event Warhorn page.  The upside - 3 hours of running games gets you a free day pass, while 7 hours or more gets you a free weekend pass.  The downside - I have to submit the scenario request form no later than tomorrow to meet the 3 weeks in advance deadline, so anyone willing to sign up but unable to do so until after tomorrow will be on their own for the scenarios.

As for DragonCon, they have not made an official announcement of their health and safety policies (they are holding off until August 1).  Being within the city limits, they will have no choice but to follow the mask mandate  DragonCon 2021 is going to be a blended offering of in-person and online this year.  On the GM Questionnaire, there is a specific question around whether you are willing to GM live and in-person or online.  The tentative schedule, which includes Campaign RPG, On-Demand Gaming (Quests / Bounties), and Online should also act as the sign-up form for which scenario(s) would be of interest should you choose to run.  The scenario request form for DragonCon is due no later than August 12.

To date, I have 3 GMs signed up for SFGE and 5 signed up for DragonCon, which puts participation in either convention in jeopardy.  I'm at a point with DragonCon where my temptation, due to the number of GM sign-ups, is to move our participation to a 100% online model, but that will also depend on the answers to the survey questions.

With the Delta variant causing havoc, I completely understand if you're hesitant to attend an in-person offering, but would request your consideration of the online option for DragonCon, if you are available and want to be involved.

Thanks for listening and continuing to support the gaming community.
I'm afraid I'm running games for PaizoCon Europe the weekend of SFGE, but DragonCon is doable for me. The way things are going, I'd probably prefer run I g online than in person, but who knows? Maybe Jesus Himself will come down and tell the intransigent 30% to get the vaccine and all will be well in a few months...

Dave B.
Thank you, sir.

We can hope.