Tell us about your first SFS character.
You only get so many firsts in life. Talk about what your -701 will be.

I'll start.

Obozaya will be a Kasatha soldier. During his Tempering he was approached by Luwazi Elsebo with an offer of adventure, travel to strange new worlds, and meet new and interesting people. Though considering that most of the people Obozaya have met so far are the unsavory sort there is a good chance those meetings will go poorly.

Obozaya is quite strong and does well in melee combat. But he has an unnatural fascination with big weapons and big explosions which will no doubt grow over time. Having never felt comfortable speaking with others he has hired Mr. Noname to travel with him to sooth ruffled nerves or to help him convince people to give him things Luwazi needs without resorting to violence if possible.

Obozaya is a Bombard Soldier with 18 Str and 14 Dex. He uses a tactical pike and a light reaction cannon. Plus the occasional entangling grenade. His basic iridishell armor makes him very tanky for his level and he will be wearing it for several levels. He'll be picking up basic feats like versatile focus and improved initiative at low levels, The step up and strike feats at midlevel, and defensive feats such as Enhanced Resistance (Kenetic) and Extra Resolve.

Mr. Noname is a hireling trained in Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate. He's not very good at it yet but he will get better pretty fast. By 3rd level he should have a total of +7 to all of them. If I feel I can spare the fame I may get a second hireling with set 3 or set 4 skills.

They can't help during combat so I'm not sure how many players will get them.
I like to plan out my characters for the long run.  So, how high will starfinder society play go?  Will it stop at 12 llike PFS or go up to 15?  In the guide where it talks about tiers it mentions teir 16 where as the PFS guide stops at 12.
Well, APs look like they are designed for a tighter level range - the first AP will only take you to level 12, and there will be 1/2 the content there is for Pathfinder (as of right now). I imagine that there will be a lot slower leveling curve.

Paizo con next year should be interesting - High level SFS characters.
See my gaming stuff at https://tmf.space
(08-25-2017, 08:50 AM)Rlockwood Wrote: I like to plan out my characters for the long run.  So, how high will starfinder society play go?  Will it stop at 12 llike PFS or go up to 15?  In the guide where it talks about tiers it mentions teir 16 where as the PFS guide stops at 12.

SFS RGG Wrote:• Tier 1 (no subtier)
• Tier 1–2 (no subtier)
• Tier 1–4 (Subtiers 1–2 and 3–4)
• Tier 3–6 (Subtiers 3–4 and 5–6)
• Tier 5–8 (Subtiers 5–6 and 7–8)
• Tier 7–10 (Subtiers 7–8 and 9–10)
• Tier 9–12 (Subtiers 9–10 and 11–12)
• Tier 12+ (High Content; Subtiers 12–13, 14–15, and 16+)

FWIW, I stopped planning out my characters at 12.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

I'm unsure of my first character yet. I've been looking at Envoy and Mystic and maybe recreating Daniel Jackson from Stargate (which both of those classes work oddly... Envoy for early in the series and Mystic for later in the series).

I kind of wanted to see what other people were playing before deciding so I can fill in a role.
IF SFS goes up to lvl 12 I am planing out a Human, Soldier 3/ Mystic 9 relegious zealot

His father was a knight of Golarian and his mother a priestess of Saranrae.  He wanted to follow in his Fathers footstep as a soldier but was heavily influenced by his Mothers faith.

Starting stats are 14/14/12/10/13/10.  He will be pumping Str, Dex, Con, Wis at lvls 5 and 10.  Dumping money into 3 Personel Upgrades for Str, Dex, and Wis.

His connection will be Healer so he can heal himself in combat with a move action.

He is starting out with a Longsword and Laser Rifle.  In the end though I want a Plasma Sword and a kinetic pistol.  That way he has 2 differant damage types, EAC and KAC.  Melee with the plasma sword is his primary attack style.

Jean-Paul Renard is the former frontman of the neo-soul band, Ren and the Outlaws.  You've probably never heard of them.  They were big on Verces.  After entertaining venues across the Pact Worlds, the Wayfinders are glad to recruit such a talented diplomat and cultural attache to their ranks.  (Envoy)

And sorry...I can't resist second and third:

Dr. Thide Zhaynnash recently defended her xenobiology thesis at a prestigious university on Castrovel.  Ask her about the mating habits of the tree slugs of the Katanga Valley while she's turning your rations into a fine meal...with SCIENCE!  (Envoy)

Radha Krednikhova (callsign 'Midnight') does not discuss her past, but she is a skilled if strangely anachronistic pilot who is known to rave vociferously about the struggles of something called the 'proletariat', and believes that the 'Exo-Guard' are the only line of defense the Pact Worlds have against some as of yet undocumented species known as 'Yankees'.  (Operative)
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

Valakar "Hardcover" Drazen is a grizzled, old Vesk soldier from the Swarm War. He left service after a rather nasty joint mission to Arcturus between the Veskarium and the Pact Worlds. Only 5 survivors made it back and he decided he was done with it. After retirement he felt he still wanted to help protect the alliance from the all the hidden threats both from the Vast and more locally. The ones the Stewards had too much of a stick up their butt to properly prepare for, so he went to the Starfinders for their tendency to explore and discover a lot of things they shouldn't. He's joined by a small Ysoki named "Doc" Kimple. She was one of Pact World companions on his Arcturus mission that didn't make it out unscathed, and left the Pact World military to stick close to the giant lizard that bulldozed its way through the horrors. Sitting on his shoulder is where she feels safe, and he doesn't bother to chase her off.

But he -is- a bulldozer. A large Scholar Armor Storm soldier whose gear hides how surprisingly fast he moves. He prefers to get into the face of enemies and run them down like a raptor out of Jurassic Park, and outside of combat his age makes him a lot smarter than people assume Vesk to be. It's his self-assigned responsibility to teach the younger generations how to best beat various aliens silly.

--------

I've also got an Android Outlaw Envoy named Special Circumstances that I've built mechanically, but haven't fleshed out the backstory for yet.

And an idea for a Ysoki Mystic, your traditional sidekick the good guys take on but the audience is always suspicious that they shouldn't be trusting him.
"Ready Action:  Shoot Giant Weasel!"

Games Played:
PFS Tracker of Games Played
It's a challenge for me, because as a once-per-month player (tops), I'll pretty much have ONE character (versus eleven or so in PFS). It has to be versatile and fun.

My first thought was a damaya Lashunta Icon Envoy as a hard-core "face". Not much of a combatant, but could rock as a ship captain as well as a diplomat/skill monkey. I've made one, so it's still a strong maybe.

The ace pilot type I love (I'm a showboater, I admit), but I played one in a two-year Star Wars RPG home campaign about 15 years ago, still within the "been there, done that" window.

Probably when I have a chance to sit down and really read the book, I'll go with something I can *only* play in SF, like a Vesk Xenoseeker Technomancer or the like. Whatever it is, though, it has to be a passable "face", since I *can't not* play face at a gaming table (which is why even my PFS ranger has +20 Diplomacy).
My first character is going to be Dormina Lashunta(Damaya) Envoy.

He is an Archaeologist and a Diplomat. He specializes in exploring new worlds and meeting new races. As a Xenoseeker he excels at first contact with new races. He is part of the Wayfinder faction.