Starfinder Commonly Misunderstood Rules
(08-25-2017, 03:21 PM)Doonamis Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:15 PM)Edward McGee Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 12:27 PM)liamfisher Wrote: It just means that Operatives don't get to do extra damage by default, they have to work for it.

They have to work for it anyway. They only deal extra damage when they succeed at the skill check they choose to use for Trick Attack. If they succeed the target is also flatfooted against the attack.

"Work" should be used very loosely here based on the pregen operative that I tried this week.

One of the devs said the +4 bonus to Stealth was a mistake from before the massive last minute rules changes they did. Expect it to be removed during the first errata batch. Heck I failed using it Saturday. Bad rolls happen.
A rule I was curious about has been clarified by Thurston Hillman. The guy in charge of SFS.

In Starfinder reach weapons do threaten adjacent squares as well.
Thrown weapons other then grenades use Strength to attack. Grenades use Dex.
Saving throws vs crit effects or explode effects are equal to half the item level plus the modifier of the ability used to make the attack.
And I missed this at first, The save DC is reduced by the same amount as any attack penalties suffered during the attack. So range penalties or conditions such as off-target can make it easier for the enemy to make saves.

Edit: This includes the penalty from Deadly Aim.
(09-02-2017, 11:50 PM)Edward McGee Wrote: Thrown weapons other then grenades use Strength to attack. Grenades use Dex.
Saving throws vs crit effects or explode effects are equal to half the item level plus the modifier of the ability used to make the attack.
And I missed this at first, The save DC is reduced by the same amount as any attack penalties suffered during the attack. So range penalties or conditions such as off-target can make it easier for the enemy to make saves.

Edit: This includes the penalty from Deadly Aim.

Grenades do not get deadly aim.  Their damage is listed as a special ability, not as damage like the other weapons 

Quote:DEADLY AIM (COMBAT)

Your can strike your enemies’ weak points and deal more damage.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.
Benefit: When you take the attack or full attack action with weapons (including a Solarian’s Solar Manifestation, but not Spells or other special abilities of any kind), you can take a –2 penalty to your attack rolls. If you do, those attacks deal additional damage equal to half your base attack bonus (minimum 1).

Cover modifies saves, just like in Pathfinder.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
Here is one I missed until recently. The Starfinder version of Magic Missile only let's you use one missile per target.
(09-14-2017, 12:00 PM)Edward McGee Wrote: Here is one I missed until recently. The Starfinder version of Magic Missile only let's you use one missile per target.

Quote:You can target a single creature or several creatures, but each missile can strike only one creature.

Seems to me it can all be on one target. The spell is just trying to say that any one missile can't strike more than once.
(09-06-2017, 08:52 PM)liamfisher Wrote: Grenades do not get deadly aim.  Their damage is listed as a special ability, not as damage like the other weapons 

Quote:DEADLY AIM (COMBAT)

Your can strike your enemies’ weak points and deal more damage.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.
Benefit: When you take the attack or full attack action with weapons (including a Solarian’s Solar Manifestation, but not Spells or other special abilities of any kind), you can take a –2 penalty to your attack rolls. If you do, those attacks deal additional damage equal to half your base attack bonus (minimum 1).

Cover modifies saves, just like in Pathfinder.

It's debatable actually whether grenades can. Explode isn't defined as a "special ability." Technically it is a "weapon special property" or "special property." Yes, I know it's nit-picky, but until there's further clarification I'm going to call it "unclear."
(09-14-2017, 12:56 PM)Andrew Roberts Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 12:00 PM)Edward McGee Wrote: Here is one I missed until recently. The Starfinder version of Magic Missile only let's you use one missile per target.

Quote:You can target a single creature or several creatures, but each missile can strike only one creature.

Seems to me it can all be on one target. The spell is just trying to say that any one missile can't strike more than once.

Note to self. Don't just accept what some guy in a video says as truth. I agree, After actually reading it there is no reason they can't all target 1 creature.
All armor comes with a Personal Comm Unit installed. It's hard to find because it's not in the Armor section (for some reason), but it's on Page 430 of the Core Rulebook under the "Planetary" heading.
Are traditional Pathfinder races legal for Starfinder organized play? Basically, can I play a dwarf... a space dwarf?