Starfinder Commonly Misunderstood Rules
No, it requires a boon that can be obtained from either GMing through the Retail Support Program or at a Con. Other ways to get the boon may come up, but for now that's it.
"Ready Action:  Shoot Giant Weasel!"

Games Played:
PFS Tracker of Games Played
(09-25-2017, 09:13 PM)Daniel H Wrote: No, it requires a boon that can be obtained from either GMing through the Retail Support Program or at a Con.  Other ways to get the boon may come up, but for now that's it.

Waaahhh!!!!  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Okay, so, how do I obtain one of those boons? Retail support sounds cool. What's that?
I have a level 2 Bombard Soldier and I know of two more in the area.  There is a misconception of the Heavy Fire ability.  The last part of the descripton is not exclusive but rather inclusive.  This threadd http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ulko?Questi...-Ability#1 had Owen K.C. Stephons the lead desinger for Starfiner explaining that that statement was put in to cover the action econmy needed for those weapon properties to work with Heavy Fire.  

"As noted, automatic is unclear because if it's special action economy, unwieldy turned out to be unclear for the same reason (special action economy), and explode often doesn't "feel" like an attack to many players (as a result of the saving throw aspect), so it had to be called out."