Starfinder Commonly Misunderstood Rules
Star 
Pg 102 - solarion stellar mode.  Solarions gain their first attunement point in the same round they chose Photon or Graviton mode.  They
do not gain attunment points in combat if they are "Unattuned"

NPC starships have all of the stats figured into them.  Player starships do not and the players will have to add the appropriate skills.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
It seems like piloting is essential at high levels with starship combat. Could make a difference of 10 A.C. at level 10 if you have no pilot.
Tracking Weapons.

Fired initially with the Gunner's full roll, figuring in computer, captain, etc vs the TL of the opponent.

At the start of each Gunnery phase - that same gunner rolls a gunnery roll without any mods, if that
beats the TL, the little bundle of doom moves its speed towards (turn 0) the target, impacting the closest
shield. If the TL check is failed, the tracking weapon is lost, or if the target is not in its LOS, it is
lost. (Asteroids and other items break LOS)

The Gunner does not lose their gunnery phase to do this, it just happens on its own. So, theoretically,
you could dump missiles 5 rounds in a row, and as long as you make tracking rolls, things get where they
are going.
Flat footed - big change here.

You are only flat footed if you are unable to act in a surprise round. Otherwise, you are not flat footed at the
start of the combat round.
(08-25-2017, 10:07 AM)liamfisher Wrote: Flat footed - big change here.

You are only flat footed if you are unable to act in a surprise round.  Otherwise, you are not flat footed at the

I'm guessing that means I can take reactions and therefore AOO's before my turn?
(08-25-2017, 10:32 AM)Doonamis Wrote:

You are only flat footed if you are unable to act in a surprise round.  Otherwise, you are not flat footed at the

I'm guessing that means I can take reactions and therefore AOO's before my turn?

No. Under reactions it explicitly says you can't take a reaction before your first turn of combat.

It just means that Operatives don't get to do extra damage by default, they have to work for it.
Critical hits on spaceship gunnery do not to double damage, they just force the ship to make an immediate CR roll if they go through the shields. If they also push the ship over the CT, you get two CR rolls from one shot.

If the ship was under the effect of the Science Officer's crit buff, you would do CR damage to the system the Science Officer targeted. And if you push past a CT boundary, you do that and one random CR roll.

Also to note that CR damage is important to crew skill checks as when the system they are related to is Malfunctioning or worse condition, they cannot use starship actions labeled PUSH. So for example, damaging the engines or power core 2 steps makes the pilot unable to do the STUNT action.

Additionally, each step of damage takes an additional round to patch and gets harder to do.

Glitch 1 round - 10 + 2 X ship tier
Malfunction 2 rounds - 15 + 2x ship tier (2 rolls)
Wrecked 3 rounds - 20 + 2x ship tier (3 rolls)

Patches last through the combat, but must then be repaired.

Undead ships do have life support as they have Captains that can be affected by it.
(08-25-2017, 12:27 PM)liamfisher Wrote:

It just means that Operatives don't get to do extra damage by default, they have to work for it.

They have to work for it anyway. They only deal extra damage when they succeed at the skill check they choose to use for Trick Attack. If they succeed the target is also flatfooted against the attack.
(08-25-2017, 01:15 PM)Edward McGee Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 12:27 PM)liamfisher Wrote: It just means that Operatives don't get to do extra damage by default, they have to work for it.

They have to work for it anyway. They only deal extra damage when they succeed at the skill check they choose to use for Trick Attack. If they succeed the target is also flatfooted against the attack.

"Work" should be used very loosely here based on the pregen operative that I tried this week.