Notes From the Trenches - Pitfalls, Mistakes, and How To Avoid Them
(08-21-2017, 08:31 PM)pgfrix Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 09:56 AM)liamfisher Wrote: Also, carefully read the tactics for your NPCS at low levels.  Lots of things surrender and talk that didn't before.  

And remember, Undead are citizens and can be actual allies.   So just gunning down undead is frowned upon.

Is anyone deep enough in the lore yet to comment on whether or not sentient constructs (besides androids) exist?  They'd be in the same category, IMO.

Yeah, there's a whole planet of non-android sentient AI in the Solarion system.

(08-21-2017, 09:56 AM)liamfisher Wrote: Also, actions that give infamy are detailed in each encounter, there's no real guessing with it.

*Or* based on table GM fiat, but with explicit cautionary warning.  

Probably better be a really good, clear, distinct warning.    I can see players challenging on this since 
it can quickly make a character unplayable.

SFS RP Guild Guide Wrote:Alignment infractions are a touchy subject. Killing an innocent, wanton destruction, and other acts that can be construed as evil might be considered alignment infractions. Ultimately, you are the final authority at the table, but you must warn any player whose character is deviating from his chosen alignment.  This warning must be clear, and you must make sure that the player understands the warning and the actions that initiated the warning. The PC should be given the opportunity to correct the behavior, justify it, or face the consequences.
Beyond GM intervention, some scenarios and written products may present evil solutions to situations.

Some examples, submitted for consideration from Gygax/Book of Vile Darkness:

- Wanton murder of innocents (yeah, I'm guilty - I'll pay a fame penalty for noncombatant slavers)
- Slave Trafficking
- Torture
- [Previously] Spells with Evil Descriptor (oh, look, magic is amoral now)

Your character will become unplayable fast.  The fame cost to buy off infamy is 4 fame for 1 infamy if I recall right.

In the old regime, you're faced with expel the character or not.  In the new regime, you have a granularity to evil acts.  

Does John Q. GM argue for nuking a PFS character who casts Animate Dead? - No, that's just gauche and all the cool kids are doing it.  Does John Q. GM argue for an Infamy chit for a SFS character who leaves broken bones, missing appendages, and psychological trauma from an 'Intimidate Check'? - I gotta fall on the side of yes.

I tried to push you for a warning on Saturday, but you ignored it  Smile
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
Something that we either missed or no one was mentioning when using, All ships have computers that add +1 or more to 2 or more checks per round. I think that was actually left off of one of the handouts.
(08-23-2017, 01:49 AM)Edward McGee Wrote: Something that we either missed or no one was mentioning when using, All ships have computers that add +1 or more to 2 or more checks per round. I think that was actually left off of one of the handouts.

They add to both the Science Officer and the three gunnery checks from what I read.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
(08-25-2017, 10:15 AM)liamfisher Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 01:49 AM)Edward McGee Wrote: Something that we either missed or no one was mentioning when using, All ships have computers that add +1 or more to 2 or more checks per round. I think that was actually left off of one of the handouts.

They add to both the Science Officer and the three gunnery checks from what I read.

So what's the significance of Xnode nomenclature? I took that to mean it's supposed to be a one-off bonus of the rating, not to exceed X # of rolls in a turn.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

(08-25-2017, 10:34 AM)pgfrix Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 10:15 AM)liamfisher Wrote:

So what's the significance of Xnode nomenclature?  I took that to mean it's supposed to be a one-off bonus of the rating, not to exceed X # of rolls in a turn.

A computer can add a bonus to any combat check during a round. The more nodes the more checks it can add to though they don't stack.
So a trinode can add to 3 different checks in the round. There is no mention of type of check other then "combat check" so presumably it can add to captain or pilot actions as well.