Players here, No GM, Event on Meet-up, Game Cxl'd?
There is enough players here for the game that is scheduled on Meet-up, scheduled today, here, right now at Heroic Games, but NO GM. I guess that means NO game.

So for someone who lives in Stone Mountain, this was a bit of a waste of a drive, gas, and time to get up here in this weather to Marietta / Alpharetta.

Disappointed.

?
I didn’t see anything official on the forums about a game today at Heroic.  It appears Heroic put that post up on auto-pilot some time back.
maybe there should be just one place for posting games and sign up.
The venue uses MeetUp. The understanding was that the only official posting and sign up site was this one. The event coordinator at the site was then responsible to post here any sign-ups on either MeetUp or the store’s Facebook page. So, to your point, unless it shows up here on the forums, it’s not official.
I am not sure the other players who showed up uses or know about this forum. I use it to rarely to find other games around the city. It would have been the very first game for one of the players who showed up.

The staff at Heroic were nice, not upset at anyone, but they seemed to think they had reserved the slot (the table) for The Starfinder Society organized play.

I think one of the players who showed up found somewhere that the decision on who runs where was made earlier. He said something to that effect.

All who showed up definetly thought it was Starfinder Society organized play as we were discussing character legalities.

Be it Starfinder Society or Heroic Games, maybe this disconnect should be addressed before this happens to a new batch of potential players. Maybe Heroic could better advertise that this is not organized play.

In very recent history, last two months, this is twice I have driven up North to just have a Starfinder Society game crash and burn. So if my response or original post seems rough, it just is the waste of time and gas talking.
(12-25-2019, 03:43 PM)StarGirl Wrote: I am not sure the other players who showed up uses or know about this forum.  I use it to rarely to find other games around the city. It would have been the very first game for one of the players who showed up.

The staff at Heroic were nice, not upset at anyone, but they seemed to think they had reserved the slot (the table) for The Starfinder Society organized play.

I think one of the players who showed up found somewhere that the decision on who runs where was made earlier. He said something to that effect.

All who showed up definetly thought it was Starfinder Society organized play as we were discussing character legalities.

Be it Starfinder Society or Heroic Games, maybe this disconnect should be addressed before this happens to a new batch of potential players. Maybe Heroic could better advertise that this is not organized play.

In very recent history, last two months, this is twice I have driven up North to just have a Starfinder Society game crash and burn. So if my response or original post seems rough, it just is the waste of time and gas talking.

Trust me, I completely understand, especially given the drive over to Titan when we had to cancel due to not enough players.

At one point, that may have been the reserved spot for Society play, but there has been a good amount of change, both at the venue and on our side for that site (we can discuss that when I see you next time).  Unless it’s officially posted here, the venue should likely cancel that auto repeating event.