Let's discuss Starfinder stat arrays.
Starfinder will use a different character building method then Pathfinder.
It works like this.

All stats start at 10.
You add your racial bonuses. +2/+2/-2 seems to be the norm.
You pick a theme. Each theme adds +1 to a specific stat.
You then have a pool of 10 points to improve your stats on a 1 for 1 basis.
No stat can start higher then 18.
You can lower stats but get nothing for it.

Here is an example. A Shirren Mystic Priest.
Shirren get +2 to Wisdom, +2 to Constitution, -2 to Charisma.

Mystic has Wisdom as it's key ability score effecting the saves of it's class abilities, spells, and it's Resolve pool.

And I'm just assuming Priest is tied to Wisdom.

So we get starting stats of
Str 10
Dex 10
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 13
Cha 8

Mystic gets 6 skill points per level and has many charisma based skills. They can use simple weapons and wear light armor.
So I want high Wis and decent Con and Cha.

So let's spend points like so.

Str 10
Dex 10
Con 14 (2 points)
Int 10
Wis 18 (5 points)
Cha 11 (3 points)

Every 5 levels you get to improve 4 stats of your choice. If the stat is a 17 or higher you increase it by 1 point. If the stat is 16 or lower you increase it by 2 points. (Items that improve stats are not calculated in.)
So at 5th level I might do the following.

Str 10
Dex 12 (+2)
Con 16 (+2)
Int 10
Wis 19 (+1)
Cha 13 (+2)

And at 10th level

Str 10
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 18 (+2)
Int 10
Wis 20 (+1)
Cha 15 (+2)

Stats provide the same bonuses as in Pathfinder so an odd number has no benefit other then maybe qualifying for a feat.
And obviously you want to get mileage out of adding +2 to lower stats.

So is there some ideal arrays?
One suggestion I have heard is to go the SAD route of putting 2 - 4 points in your secondary stat, 6 points in your primary, and maybe 2 in a 3rd. Before the theme bonus.
So for example we ignore theme and start with 12/12/10/10/10/8 and bump that to 18/14/12/10/10/8 and increase the 18,14,12, and a 10 at both 5th and 10th level.

The +1 from theme actually has no real effect on the stats since adding +2 to a 16 or +1 t a 17 gets the same result. Which is nice because it allows complete freedom in theme choice. I chose Priest in my example but the math would be the same no matter what theme I chose.
Assuming that the +1 for theme wasn't helpful for mechanical reasons, wouldn't you want to put it into your 8 stat as I assume ability damage/drain is still a thing?
I will say that it's very easy to audit stats before level 5. They will always add up to 73 (or less if people want to take drawbacks). Also, any character could have an 18 in a stat even if they start with 8.
I suspect that some feats have an odd # for a stat requirement. So there may be some use for the +1 from the theme.

Another good starting array ignoring the +1 from theme is

16/16/12/10/10/8
You lose out a bit early on by having a 16 instead of an 18 in your key stat but it evens out for levels 5 - 9.
At level 5 you bump the 3 highest stats and a 10. Then at level 10 you bump everything but the 18s leaving you with.
18/18/16/14/12/10

It is interesting that starting with an 18 is very easy but the trade off to keep maxed is you lose stats overall.
I have a feeling some feats that are automagic now will require point expenditure to use.
Yeah, yeah, here's my list:  https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/43407/
Esteemed OP -
To accomodate an anticipated increase in Starfinder Society content discussion, a separate forum "General Starfinder Discussion" has been created.
This thread will be relocated to that forum board in a week unless you tell me not to or if you want it moved sooner.
Thanks! -- the management
All about electrical impulses.
Agreed. May as well move it to the Starfinder section.
An interesting corollary to the stat distribution -

Is Toughness (feat) the new mandatory CON 14, a tradition as old as 3.0?
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

Every level you receive both hit points and stamina points based on your class. You add your con mod to the stamina gained. Toughness adds 1 stamina per level but no extra up front and it has the same effects as the Endurance feat. Useful but not as big a bonus comparatively as in PFS.
Really, the fact that you have way more HP because of the existence of SP, and death revolves around RP and there's no rolls for it, I think Extra Resolve is the mandatory feat. I think it will be the most popular level 5 feat choice (the earliest you can get it).