Wasteland Gaming (WLG) August 12, 2017 Game Day
gapfs 
Every second Saturday of the month, we will be hosting a PFS Game Day at The Wasteland Games store in Duluth. The store is located at: 3700 Satellite Blvd, Suite 7B, Duluth GA 30096. Phone number is 770-921-5511.

This month the game day will occur on August 12, 2017.

Location Bonus: For every $10 spent at the store, you can either get a reroll (max one per scenario) or +1 on an existing reroll.

Event Code: 71308

This event has been sanctioned under the Paizo Regional Support Program.  Details of the RSP are outlined on the Paizo Organized Play policies page:

http://paizo.com/organizedplay/policies

12:30 PM – 5:30 PM
8-07: From the Tome of Righteous Repose GM - Perry

When the necromancer-king Tar-Baphon rose as a lich and threatened to conquer all of Avistan, Taldor rallied its neighbors and led the Shining Crusade, a glorious campaign that defeated the Whispering Tyrant’s armies and sealed him away. For the better part of a millennium, Lastwall has guarded Tar-Baphon’s prison and fended off the orc tribes to the north, rarely sparing a second thought to the rich archaeological secrets that lie just below the soil. A local venture-captain has found a lost chapter to the Tome of Righteous Repose, which chronicles the demise of countless heroes of the Shining Crusade. At long last, this has earned the Society Lastwall’s blessing to uncover these lost sites, lay to rest the fallen crusaders, and repatriate the family heirlooms they carried to battle.

"From the Tome of Righteous Repose" is an evergreen, replayable scenario designed to provide a flexible adventure that confronts the PCs with a variety of threats more common to higher-level characters—all while uncovering the history of one of Avistan’s greatest conflicts. Depending on which lead the PCs take, they might explore the proud crusader nation of Lastwall, travel into the gloom-shrouded mountains of Ustalav, or risk an expedition into the orc-ruled wastes of Belkzen in pursuit of lost history.

Written by Andrew Hoskins.

1.  Andrew - Options High
2.  Kristi - Options High
3.  Peter - Options
4.  Jack D - Options
5. Tim - Options
6. Dennis - Options (mid-ish)

WAITLIST
Stephen R
Allyour 3?

6:30 PM – 11:30 PM
6–11: The Slave Master's Mirror  (3-7) GM - Jack D

An elusive enemy of the Society has launched a campaign of espionage and intrigue from Stonespine Island, the homeport of the infamous Okeno pirates. The Society must sneak a team of agents through one of the largest slave markets on the Inner Sea and track the slippery mastermind to her base if they are to successfully capture the villain, and Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin has just the team of Pathfinders in mind for the task. Can the PCs defeat this remote slave ring without becoming slaves themselves?

Content in “The Slave Master’s Mirror” also contributes directly to the ongoing storylines of the Liberty’s Edge and Silver Crusade factions.

Written by Sam Polak.

1.   Perry - UltraBard 7
2.   Kerney - Options
3.  Dennis - Probably Mid
4.  Josh W - Options
5.  Jimmy - Options, Mostly 5
6. Allyour - 3?

WAITLIST
Stephen R

If you would like to reserve a slot for this game, please respond by noting:

Real Name
Character Class
Character Level

Due to the scarcity of GMs, you MUST reserve a slot in order to play. With ample warning (such as signing up at least three days before the event), we can often increase the number of tables being run. 

If you have any questions, please either post below or send a forum message to Perry Frix (pgrix @ gmail . com).
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

For Tomb of Righteous Repose, please add:

Andrew: Paladin-6
Kristi: many options level 6-7

Thanks!
--Kristi
sign me up to play the 1st slot.
Peter Chen
I'll take a seat for the first slot.

I've played Slave Master's Mirror. Let me look at the calendar a bit more and decide if I can GM it.
(07-17-2017, 10:22 AM)jackd Wrote: Let me look at the calendar a bit more and decide if I can GM it.

If you can, I'll happily step up to cover Righteous Repose. My big thing is that I'd prefer not to commit to running more than one slot.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

(07-17-2017, 12:30 PM)pgfrix Wrote: If you can, I'll happily step up to cover Righteous Repose.  My big thing is that I'd prefer not to commit to running more than one slot.

Cool.  Write me in as GM.
So, unless someone yells loudly, I'm going to prepare HIGH and I'm tickled because I know all about the history of the Hungry Mountains of Ustalav from Carrion Crown (option 3).
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

(07-26-2017, 03:57 PM)pgfrix Wrote: So, unless someone yells loudly, I'm going to prepare HIGH and I'm tickled because I know all about the history of the Hungry Mountains of Ustalav from Carrion Crown (option 3).

The options I have - Oracle, Alchemist, Telekineticist, and UMonk - are all 5th level, so high tier is...workable.  

And if you know all about Ustalav, that definitely means we'll wind up in Lastwall.  Because players.
So, unsolicited opinion...which is surprisingly contrary.

This was/continues to be actually harder to prep than a usual scenario, IMO.  Correctly filling out a rubric for the Chronicle alone, took something like a half hour.

That combined with Compton's comments re: development budget at PaizoCon seminars lead me to the side of 'just do a regular scenario' instead.  I do, however, think putting the extra budget into the annual Quests to make it a 1-5 is probably a good use of resources.

So...all that said, sorry guys.  You're playing Tier 6-7, and you're going to Ustalav.  Woo woo - come on ride the train, yeah ride it.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

(07-27-2017, 09:39 PM)pgfrix Wrote: So, unsolicited opinion...which is surprisingly contrary.

This was/continues to be actually harder to prep than a usual scenario, IMO.  Correctly filling out a rubric for the Chronicle alone, took something like a half hour.

That combined with Compton's comments re: development budget at PaizoCon seminars lead me to the side of 'just do a regular scenario' instead.  I do, however, think putting the extra budget into the annual Quests to make it a 1-5 is probably a good use of resources.

So...all that said, sorry guys.  You're playing Tier 6-7, and you're going to Ustalav.  Woo woo - come on ride the train, yeah ride it.

I'm getting the link between difficulty of prep and your conclusion. Leaving all options open would entail practically prepping 3 scenarios and junking two of them on game day even if there weren't other complicating factors like the Chronicle.  Totally understand and will be ready to board the train on the 12th.

What's the other stuff?  Whose opinion?  Contrary to what?  And how does the Paizo development budget figure in?  Sorry if I'm being dense.