The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Notes From the Trenches - Pitfalls, Mistakes, and How To Avoid Them
Hey, all - I wanted to start a thread to record rules foibles in the interest of making sure table knowledge evolves into institutional knowledge.  From my professional experience, establishing good habits is a sufficiently difficult task that you don't need to compound it with undoing bad habits, so...let's make sure the bad habits don't get established to begin with.

To that end, let's start with -

- 'Monster' Ship Stat Blocks already have their full modifiers computed based on their stock crew; computing AC and TL is something *players* do (because, hypothetically at least, those pilots can actually vary in skill ranks).

- "Balance" Shields action is a misnomer; the shield points can be allocated to quadrants however the SciOf wishes, so long as the minimum values are maintained.

- Ships, by definition, face a hex edge; if correctly arranged, four of the six vertices of a ship's hex mark the quadrants of the ship, and the edges of the adjoining hexes allow you to project the quadrant boundaries outward.

- The engineer (or maybe the captain?) is the probably the most logical candidate to track shields and damage for PCs, IMO.
Wasteland Gaming Liaison

An updated list of what I've played and GM-ed is at: https://www.pfstracker.net/#/players/1964/report

Messages In This Thread
Notes From the Trenches - Pitfalls, Mistakes, and How To Avoid Them - by pgfrix - 08-20-2017, 09:13 AM