Online Gaming Tips and Advice
(03-31-2020, 10:31 AM)LokiTheWanderer Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 08:52 AM)Doonamis Wrote: I would say that my experience with Fantasy Grounds recently has made it very clear that having voice chat on a separate stable platform (Discord) is a VERY good idea.  We have to restart the Fantasy Grounds "server" every few hours (sometimes at around the 1 hour mark) and so it's good to run voice chat through something that this not dependent on that connection.

Based on your feedback, as well as that of Brainard and Liam, that's the only way I will run on Fantasy Grounds - with a Discord voice chat going simultaneously.

While I 100% agree with continuing to use Discord as the voice channel, I would like to point out that in my experience FG has been very stable the past month or so.  It seems that they have adapted to the large influx of new users.  We no longer require periodic restarts - and even had a 15 hour marathon session with no issues (aside from everyone's general need for sleep by the end of it).

Now that I have gotten used to it, I have found the online experience (specifically VTT+Voice Chat) actually works REALLY well.  Another month of this, and I'll have forgotten what everyone looks like in the real world - and I may just start associating everyone's character profiles with their real life visage.

Messages In This Thread
Online Gaming Tips and Advice - by liamfisher - 03-24-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: Online Gaming Tips and Advice - by dhaller99 - 03-29-2020, 03:06 PM
RE: Online Gaming Tips and Advice - by Doonamis - 03-31-2020, 08:52 AM
RE: Online Gaming Tips and Advice - by Syrinx - 05-24-2020, 09:32 AM