Seeking fun feats for a melee Goliath Druid / Hellknight Signifier
(07-08-2017, 10:38 AM)Edward McGee Wrote: Which reminds me. It will die. Possibly often. You can give it armor, You can give it feats, You can give it buffs. It will still die at some point.

What I did with my ranger's AnC (large wolf), once he got into the levels where the AnC was simply going to die a lot, was turn the wolf into an intimidation engine: intelligence 3, max ranks of intimidate, Intimidating Prowess feat, Dazzling Display feat, and skill focus (intimidate).

I don't have the character at hand but versus medium-sized opponents it was rolling something like +25 intimidate.

So it would use a full round action (Dazzling Display), roaring and leaping ferociously, and pretty much demoralize all enemies within a 30ft. radius (-2 to d20 rolls, essentially). This debuffed them, helped our casters, and so on.

I pumped up its AC (to 34 with barkskin) so it could stand amidst enemies in relative safety to do its thing, and of course it still took the occasional bite/trip attack versus softer, low-CMD targets.

And I had a cool mini to boot. A nice AnC!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seeking fun feats for a melee Goliath Druid / Hellknight Signifier - by dhaller99 - 07-09-2017, 09:50 AM