Georgia Pathfinder Society
Introduce Yourself!!!! - Printable Version

+- Georgia Pathfinder Society (https://gapfs.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introduction (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Introduce Yourself!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=26)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Witcher - 02-04-2019

Hello! My name is Austin Witcher and I have been referred here by my friend Steve Preston who has roped me into Society play. 

I was first introduced to role playing games when I was in high school when Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition came out (which I actually like). However as most high school ventures my group of friends could not maintain a group and for a time I played no such games. 

Then there was 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons (which I also like). In 2015, around the time the Out of the Abyss campaign came out, I started playing Adventure League at Elemental Games (rest in piece). I met Steve and my normal group there and now, 4 years later. I am here to try this.

Other RPGs which I have played are of course Pathfinder (which I am new to), Starfinder, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Star Wars (Fantasy Flight Games), and the Dark Eye. I am interested in several other systems as well: Dark Heresy (first edition), Call of Cthulhu and other editions of Dungeons and Dragons. I could be talked into trying most other systems after all it is more about the people than the game itself.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - TheMaskedFerret - 02-04-2019

Welcome Austin!

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Abraham Z - 02-05-2019

Howdy, Austin!

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - mttorka - 02-10-2019

Austin is a friend. Please dont hold that against him

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Damon_Grimm - 04-02-2019

Good evening!  I am a relatively active PFS gamer in the Greenville, SC area.  I will be in Atlanta on Saturday, April 13th, and I was hoping to pop by for a PFS or SFS game.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - TheMaskedFerret - 04-02-2019

@Damon, check out https://gapfs.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1212

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - GMParallax1712 - 04-07-2019

Hello everyone , I'm located south of Atlanta and I have been playing Pathfinder for a long time now and really would like to start being apart of the Pathfinder Society. I mainly GM'd for my group (back when we played) but our group kind of disbanded due to scheduling and other going ons in life. I would love to be a player or even join a GM pool for a PFS session , overall I would love nothing more than to get playing again.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - TheMaskedFerret - 04-08-2019

(04-07-2019, 08:03 PM)GMParallax1712 Wrote: Hello everyone , I'm located south of Atlanta and I have been playing Pathfinder for a long time now and really would like to start being apart of the Pathfinder Society. I mainly GM'd for my group (back when we played) but our group kind of disbanded due to scheduling and other going ons in life. I would love to be a player or even join a GM pool for a PFS session , overall I would love nothing more than to get playing again.

Welcome GM Parallax! Do you have any game stores near you? Any locations that might be friendly to sit down and play?

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Abraham Z - 04-08-2019

(04-07-2019, 08:03 PM)GMParallax1712 Wrote: Hello everyone , I'm located south of Atlanta and I have been playing Pathfinder for a long time now and really would like to start being apart of the Pathfinder Society. I mainly GM'd for my group (back when we played) but our group kind of disbanded due to scheduling and other going ons in life.  I would love to be a player or even join a GM pool for a PFS session , overall I   would love nothing more than to get playing again.

Welcome, GM Parallax! Lots of good games happening here in the Atlanta and Athens areas and you can easily sign up on the individual boards for each venue. And you can see when there are games happening by clicking the calendar link. I'm the coordinator for a monthly game at My Parents' Basement (in Avondale Estates, just a couple of minutes from downtown Decatur) that happens on the second Wednesday of each month. This week I'll be running 8-20 Torrents' Last Will, a tier 7-11 scenario (and it looks like the table is likely trending to high tier). You are very welcome to join in - just post in the MPB forum here to express your interest. The game starts at 6:30 and runs until about 10:30 or 11. MPB is a fun venue with good food and adult beverages and we are a friendly and welcoming group. 
- regards, Abraham

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - GMParallax1712 - 04-08-2019

(04-08-2019, 08:26 AM)TheMaskedFerret Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 08:03 PM)GMParallax1712 Wrote: Hello everyone , I'm located south of Atlanta and I have been playing Pathfinder for a long time now and really would like to start being apart of the Pathfinder Society. I mainly GM'd for my group (back when we played) but our group kind of disbanded due to scheduling and other going ons in life.  I would love to be a player or even join a GM pool for a PFS session , overall I   would love nothing more than to get playing again.

Welcome GM Parallax! Do you have any game stores near you? Any locations that might be friendly to sit down and play?

Hello MaskedFerret ! there are a few places near me that have tables but not sure on interest though, seems area is very d&d heavy (which i play as well) just never really hear of anyone looking for PFS games Sad
(04-08-2019, 12:20 PM)Abraham Z Wrote:

Welcome, GM Parallax! Lots of good games happening here in the Atlanta and Athens areas and you can easily sign up on the individual boards for each venue. And you can see when there are games happening by clicking the calendar link. I'm the coordinator for a monthly game at My Parents' Basement (in Avondale Estates, just a couple of minutes from downtown Decatur) that happens on the second Wednesday of each month. This week I'll be running 8-20 Torrents' Last Will, a tier 7-11 scenario (and it looks like the table is likely trending to high tier). You are very welcome to join in - just post in the MPB forum here to express your interest. The game starts at 6:30 and runs until about 10:30 or 11. MPB is a fun venue with good food and adult beverages and we are a friendly and welcoming group. 
- regards, Abraham

Hello Abraham, and thank you! I actually stopped in My Parents Basement for my first time a few weeks ago , and really loved the look and the feel of the place! i think one of these days I will have to take you up on the offer. it's good to know which Wednesday's are play days so I can plan for it and make the drive up there Smile