Georgia Pathfinder Society
Introduce Yourself!!!! - Printable Version

+- Georgia Pathfinder Society (https://gapfs.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introduction (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Introduce Yourself!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=26)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Scruffy07 - 08-11-2022

Johnathan here, hey there I'm living in south Atlanta so I know it's a bit of a hike but where could I find the closest Pathfinder 1e game in the area, and what days times are they run. I've missed playing so much thanks!

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Batman007 - 12-17-2022

Hello, Michael here.
Interested in trying out Pathfinder and would like to play at least a few games before I suggest it to my DnD group.
PFS sounds like a great idea, I’m just not sure how it really works.

I’m in the Stone Mountain area.
Does anyone know any good meetups for level 1 Pf2e games?

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - LokiTheWanderer - 12-18-2022

(12-17-2022, 11:07 AM)Batman007 Wrote: Hello, Michael here.
Interested in trying out Pathfinder and would like to play at least a few games before I suggest it to my DnD group.
PFS sounds like a great idea, I’m just not sure how it really works.

I’m in the Stone Mountain area.
Does anyone know any good meetups for level 1 Pf2e games?

Hi, Michael.

Currently, we're running Society sessions at these venues and scheduling them via our Warhorn page.  Level ranges will vary from session to session, but, I know the sessions at Manuel's Tavern on Wednesday nights tend to be lower level sessions, whether quests/bounties or full scenarios.

Looking forward to seeing you at the tables

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Philip_S - 04-02-2023

Hello all. My name is Philip. I am new to pathfinder in general. I am currently in the Athens area to finish up my bachelor degree, and will be heading down to the Atlanta soon for a research opportunity. Love INT-based spellcasters, dragons, and reptilian PC races without INT flaws. Looking forward to playing in PFS2 and SFS. Also, if someone could help me understand how the schools and faction mechanics work in PFS, I would appreciate it.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - LokiTheWanderer - 04-02-2023

Hello, Philip, and welcome.

The schools define a type of training your character went through. At the beginning of each session, you get to select from a list of items to use within the adventure that are provided to you by the school where you trained. As far as factions, when you go out on a mission for PFS/SFS in game, you represent a faction of your choosing (and are not tied to that faction permanently). In doing so, on completion of the adventure, your character is awarded reputation with each faction. There are boons on the Paizo website that are locked behind requirements for specific reputation levels in each faction that you are then able to unlock as you get to those thresholds.

Hope that helps!

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Philip_S - 04-02-2023

(04-02-2023, 08:28 PM)LokiTheWanderer Wrote: Hello, Philip, and welcome.  

The schools define a type of training your character went through.  At the beginning of each session, you get to select from a list of items to use within the adventure that are provided to you by the school where you trained.  As far as factions, when you go out on a mission for PFS/SFS in game, you represent a faction of your choosing (and are not tied to that faction permanently).  In doing so, on completion of the adventure, your character is awarded reputation with each faction.  There are boons on the Paizo website that are locked behind requirements for specific reputation levels in each faction that you are then able to unlock as you get to those thresholds.  

Hope that helps!

That does help. In particular, I was wondering where one would declare school training. Is that something I do in the website or is just something I track? If its something I do, where can I find the rules for it? Also, how can one change factions?

Thanks

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - LokiTheWanderer - 04-02-2023

(04-02-2023, 08:56 PM)Philip_S Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 08:28 PM)LokiTheWanderer Wrote: Hello, Philip, and welcome.  

The schools define a type of training your character went through.  At the beginning of each session, you get to select from a list of items to use within the adventure that are provided to you by the school where you trained.  As far as factions, when you go out on a mission for PFS/SFS in game, you represent a faction of your choosing (and are not tied to that faction permanently).  In doing so, on completion of the adventure, your character is awarded reputation with each faction.  There are boons on the Paizo website that are locked behind requirements for specific reputation levels in each faction that you are then able to unlock as you get to those thresholds.  

Hope that helps!

That does help. In particular, I was wondering where one would declare school training. Is that something I do in the website or is just something I track? If its something I do, where can I find the rules for it? Also, how can one change factions?

Thanks
That’s an option you track on your own as part of character creation.  This link has more information on schools.

As far as factions go, there used to be a cost a few years ago to slot a different faction than the one you initially declared at character creation during a specific session.  That cost was removed.  You can freely opt to go on missions in scenarios for any faction, unless the faction is locked behind a boon that you do not have (I am not aware of any that are currently locked).  For more on factions, check out this page in the PFS2 Guide to Organized Play.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - mjaoui - 05-01-2023

Hi there! I'm Michael, and I'm based in Athens. I'm a long-time TTRPG player and GM, but relatively new to Pathfinder. I've jumped in head-first though, playing in a Strength of Thousands campaign and running Age of Ashes for some friends, and I'm absolutely loving the PF2 system and the world of Golarion. I actually started playing on DnD 3e, which I loved despite it's many, many flaws, so I'm eager to try out PF1 too. I'm here to check out Pathfinder Society play and meet some fellow Pathfinder fans!

As a GM, I'm always trying to improve. I'm working on making my descriptions of areas more evocative (taking inspiration from Rick Sandidge of Find the Path). As a player, I often find myself playing faces, but I'm interested in playing classes that don't have a lot of mechanical out-of-combat ways to interact with the world and find interesting RP ways to do so instead. Fighters, Barbarians, and the like.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Tiffany H. - 05-01-2023

(05-01-2023, 06:11 PM)mjaoui Wrote: Hi there! I'm Michael, and I'm based in Athens. I'm a long-time TTRPG player and GM, but relatively new to Pathfinder. I've jumped in head-first though, playing in a Strength of Thousands campaign and running Age of Ashes for some friends, and I'm absolutely loving the PF2 system and the world of Golarion. I actually started playing on DnD 3e, which I loved despite it's many, many flaws, so I'm eager to try out PF1 too. I'm here to check out Pathfinder Society play and meet some fellow Pathfinder fans!

As a GM, I'm always trying to improve. I'm working on making my descriptions of areas more evocative (taking inspiration from Rick Sandidge of Find the Path). As a player, I often find myself playing faces, but I'm interested in playing classes that don't have a lot of mechanical out-of-combat ways to interact with the world and find interesting RP ways to do so instead. Fighters, Barbarians, and the like.

Howdy Michael! We have a lively community here in Athens and enjoy running all of the Paizo systems - always excited to meet a fellow player/GM. We should have some of our May events posted on the Athens forum in the next day or so. We will have a PF1 event at Dragon Star on Sunday, May 14 and a PF2 game at Tyche's on Saturday, May 20. You are welcome to sign up and join us! Cheers!

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - mjaoui - 05-02-2023

(05-01-2023, 10:18 PM)Tiffany H. Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 06:11 PM)mjaoui Wrote: Hi there! I'm Michael, and I'm based in Athens. I'm a long-time TTRPG player and GM, but relatively new to Pathfinder. I've jumped in head-first though, playing in a Strength of Thousands campaign and running Age of Ashes for some friends, and I'm absolutely loving the PF2 system and the world of Golarion. I actually started playing on DnD 3e, which I loved despite it's many, many flaws, so I'm eager to try out PF1 too. I'm here to check out Pathfinder Society play and meet some fellow Pathfinder fans!

Howdy Michael! We have a lively community here in Athens and enjoy running all of the Paizo systems - always excited to meet a fellow player/GM. We should have some of our May events posted on the Athens forum in the next day or so. We will have a PF1 event at Dragon Star on Sunday, May 14 and a PF2 game at Tyche's on Saturday, May 20. You are welcome to sign up and join us! Cheers!
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Tiffany! I just signed up for the game at Tyche's! I'm looking forward to it Smile