Georgia Pathfinder Society
Introduce Yourself!!!! - Printable Version

+- Georgia Pathfinder Society (https://gapfs.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introduction (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Introduce Yourself!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=26)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - sautdechat - 03-09-2020

(03-07-2020, 07:50 PM)dbrain Wrote: Hey Helena, I live right near Perimeter Mall and would be happy to tote you. Next gameday I'm planning to go to is Starfinder at Giga Bites on the 21st. Too bad you didn't post yesterday, we had our PFS games today. Feel free to PM me!

Welcome to Atlanta PFS!

Dave B.
Thanks, Dave! I'll hit you up for sure.

(03-07-2020, 09:50 PM)LokiTheWanderer Wrote: Hi, Helena.

After re-reading this morning, I was off. I saw Perimeter Mall but read Cumberland Mall, for some reason.

As you get to know the lay of the land, you'll know which venues are close and are the best fit. Most likely, Giga-Bites is the closest, and does run Pathfinder 2E the first Saturday of the month, as well as Starfinder on the third Saturday of the month (with attempts to also run Pathfinder 1E.

Titan Smyrna, which I had previously mentioned before correcting my response this morning, is not terribly far from Perimeter Mall (10 miles or so, depending on the specifics), and runs Pathfinder 2E on the first Sunday of the month, with Starfinder on the second Sunday.

Welcome to Atlanta, and I look forward to seeing you at the games, and sorry for the mix up in my post last night.
No worries! It's appreciated.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Bob - 04-14-2020

Hi,

My name is Bob Romano and I am new to Pathfinder/PFS and am looking forward to getting involved with the community.  I live in the Cumming area and after all the craziness subsides I would like to play at physical locations so I need to find some local stores that host games.  In the meantime, I am looking for online games to get involved with. 

I grew up playing basic and advanced D&D (way back in the day lol[Image: biggrin.png]) and then moved on to PC RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Tormaent, and Pathfinder Kingmaker.  I have finally decided to get involved with playing TTRPGs again.  It has been a very long time in coming and I certainly do feel my age, but am having a blast.  I started with D&D 5e online and then now would like to focus on Pathfinder 2e.

I am currently getting a handle on all the resources that will be helpful for me to play.  I have a Hero Lab account, Roll20, looking for Discord servers, signed up for PFS through Paizo.com, and I have the 2e core rulebook.  I have created a few characters in Hero Lab with the PFS tabbed selected so I am pretty sure they are PFS complaint.  I still do have some questions regarding factions, downtime activities for characters between adventures, picking regular or slow leveling and some other things that I am sure I have already forgotten to ask:-)

I look forward to getting involved with the community.

Bob

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Tiffany H. - 04-14-2020

(04-14-2020, 08:24 AM)Bob Wrote: Hi,

My name is Bob Romano and I am new to Pathfinder/PFS and am looking forward to getting involved with the community.  I live in the Cumming area and after all the craziness subsides I would like to play at physical locations so I need to find some local stores that host games.  In the meantime, I am looking for online games to get involved with. 

I grew up playing basic and advanced D&D (way back in the day lol[Image: biggrin.png]) and then moved on to PC RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Tormaent, and Pathfinder Kingmaker.  I have finally decided to get involved with playing TTRPGs again.  It has been a very long time in coming and I certainly do feel my age, but am having a blast.  I started with D&D 5e online and then now would like to focus on Pathfinder 2e.

I am currently getting a handle on all the resources that will be helpful for me to play.  I have a Hero Lab account, Roll20, looking for Discord servers, signed up for PFS through Paizo.com, and I have the 2e core rulebook.  I have created a few characters in Hero Lab with the PFS tabbed selected so I am pretty sure they are PFS complaint.  I still do have some questions regarding factions, downtime activities for characters between adventures, picking regular or slow leveling and some other things that I am sure I have already forgotten to ask:-)

I look forward to getting involved with the community.

Bob

Hi Bob! Welcome to Georgia PFS! It's a strange time for our community right now, as it is for every community - we are working to get online games going - I believe there's a Starfinder Society game scheduled for this coming Saturday (https://gapfs.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1910). Also, you can find our Discord Server here (https://discord.gg/3EGF6th) - that's where a lot of the chats are happening these days - it's also where we stage the audio for our online games when they happen. Please keep an eye out for more events in the near future - and we'll look forward to the time when we can meet you at a live gameday!

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - G0BL1NK1NG - 05-29-2020

Greetings. I haven't played with you folks since 2013. I have fond memories of Manuels Tavern game nights. Looking forward to getting back into it. Smile

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - MrEfinger - 06-02-2020

Hello,

I am Joe, big fan of Paizo since they were producing Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron magazines. Playing TTRPGs since mid 90’s. I live in Columbus/Ft Benning area. looking to play some Starfinder Society. I have both Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds for online play. HeroLab Online for character creation. Just joined the discord chat today as well.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Tiffany H. - 06-02-2020

Hey G0BL1NK1NG - Hey Joe!

Welcome to the gapfs forums. It is a little quiet around here right now - what with all of the social distancing and whatnot. You can find online games in multiple platforms in the Atlanta and Athens Online Games Forums. You should also check out the gapfs discord - as Joe has probably discovered, there's a lot more activity there.

Cheers!

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - IVIetal - 01-23-2021

Hello There,
      Im new to the society in general... just getting into the pathfinder and starfinder multiverses in general over the last recent bit of lockdown. I've been looking for new gaming groups and online content since my recent return to Georgia in the last 6 months after a 6 year adventure out of state. Through much scouring (and feeling like a necromancer digging in a graveyard in many lfg/lfp forum) I have arrived here and this seems like it may be my best bet yet for finding ways to experience the society in the most accurate way possible.
i have acquired an org play ID # but logistically... thats about it besides a digital copy of the starfinder core and some pathfinder hand me downs of first edition i believe... not sure what i'm even allowed to play with an organized play rpg...

i'll be around as i try to find my way in this crazy world.
-Metal

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Andrew Roberts - 01-23-2021

(01-23-2021, 03:00 AM)IVIetal Wrote: Hello There,
      Im new to the society in general... just getting into the pathfinder and starfinder multiverses in general over the last recent bit of lockdown. I've been looking for new gaming groups and online content since my recent return to Georgia in the last 6 months after a 6 year adventure out of state. Through much scouring (and feeling like a necromancer digging in a graveyard in many lfg/lfp forum) I have arrived here and this seems like it may be my best bet yet for finding ways to experience the society in the most accurate way possible.
i have acquired an org play ID # but logistically... thats about it besides a digital copy of the starfinder core and some pathfinder hand me downs of first edition i believe... not sure what i'm even allowed to play with an organized play rpg...

i'll be around as i try to find my way in this crazy world.
-Metal

Greetings Metal!

We have some online games running in the Athens Online and Atlanta Online forums, you should definitely check them out!

Starfinder and Pathfinder 2nd edition are definitely more played nowadays here. As for what you're allowed to play, most things in the Core books are allowed. There's Organized Play Guides for each (Except PF2, which is a website) that describe what you can play, as well as a webpage called "Additional Resources" that lets you know what is allowed from other books not in the Core rulebook for those games.

As well, I definitely encourage use of the website Archives of Nethys. It's now an official Paizo rules site, and they mark which rules are Organized Play (Which we also call "Society") legal with a glyph (and if there's provisions on it, it'll be outlined in red and you can hover over it to see it). It's a very convenient and easy way to see what is Society legal!

We also have a Discord channel we use for our online games, and sometimes we'll chat there or talk about TTRPGs as well. It's also a great place to ask questions, or if you need a link to something we can help! Here is the linkhttps://discord.gg/5hYpaVp  

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Josh - 01-24-2022

Hey guys  Big Grin

I got into Pathfinder back in 2016. Been hooked ever since. I've recently moved to the Atlanta area from Chicago and can't wait to start playing down here. Definitely excited for some Society play. Can't wait to meet you guys and make some new friends.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Abraham Z - 01-28-2022

(01-24-2022, 08:21 PM)Josh Wrote: Hey guys  Big Grin

I got into Pathfinder back in 2016. Been hooked ever since. I've recently moved to the Atlanta area from Chicago and can't wait to start playing down here. Definitely excited for some Society play. Can't wait to meet you guys and make some new friends.

Welcome, Josh! In person gaming has been pretty quiet due to the pandemic but we have a good Society community. You can find specific games, whether online or in-person, within the different lodges on the website. Looking forward to playing at a table with you one of these days.

regards,
Abraham Z.