Georgia Pathfinder Society
Introduce Yourself!!!! - Printable Version

+- Georgia Pathfinder Society (https://gapfs.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome! (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Introduction (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Introduce Yourself!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=26)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - TheMaskedFerret - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 05:40 AM)DannyMercer Wrote: Howdy folks. My name is Danny Mercer. I live in Statham. I'm a longtime tabletop player and DM. I run a Pathfinder game (set in Greyhawk) and a Starfinder game, play in 1 Pathfinder monthly and 1 3.5 monthly game. And looking for more. Smile I'm an at-home dad and homemaker for my wife and four kids, and have been for over 10 years. My wife also games, and has been for about 15 years or so.

I love a good story, as well as a mechanically sound game. If there is anything else you would like to know, of course just ask. I'm looking forward to meeting new players and DMs/GMs/Judges et cetera.

-Danny

Welcome Danny!

Looking at Distances from Statham, we have games in Athens that are fairly close to you. On the Atlanta side, we have a Tuesday evening game At Level Up Games and one Saturday a month games at Wasteland, both in Duluth.

Glen

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - 40YROLDROOKIE - 08-15-2019

Greetings All!!

I am Marc Hughes and I live in Lexington, Ga. I am a 40 yr old & new to actual playing D&D & Pathfinder. I am married and have 2 kids (6 & 3).
 I work in the Heavy Truck Salvage business. My hours are M-F 7am to 5:30pm and add an hour drive both ways. I don't get home till 6:30 pm every evening.  
I have many interests including RPG games, snakes, sasquatch, ghost hunting, ghost stories, books, music, nature, and a host of other things. I have a very eclectic mindset.
I've been trying to find a game to join in the Athens, Ga area that will work with my schedule. I have failed miserably. I'm joining this group to try and figure something out that'll work for me. I am a total nubie at the whole table-top RPG thing. I tried playing Shadowrun back in the 90's but wasn't very impressed. Never had another chance to get involved in a D&D based game until now.
 I really enjoy making table-top terrain and painting miniatures and such for others' games but would love the chance to actually get to play. Pathfinder seems like a game style I would like to get into.
 Basically, I just need some folks to play D&D and/or Pathfinder with. 
***I'm not interested in anyone's politics and religions will not be a part of someone else pushing their views or politics in my face. You have your views and i have mine, lets keep it that way. 

I enjoy listening to the different pod casts of other people playing games and have learned a lot from them. 
Hope to find some friends and companions to start an adventure with. Hit me up with any other questions or anything.

-Marc

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - TheMaskedFerret - 08-15-2019

Marc,

Glad to have you! There are several games in Athens. There is a bi-weekly Tuesday evening game, a bi-weekly Saturday game at Dragonstar and once a month at Tyche's.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Tiffany H. - 08-15-2019

Hi Marc - Welcome to GAPFS. I am Tiffany, Venture Captain for Organized Play events in Athens (linked by maskedferret above) - I should be posting our late-August and September games in the near future, we will be offering Pathfinder2, Starfinder, and Pathfinder1. Hopefully one will work with your schedule. Please message me if you have any questions...

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - animus - 09-03-2019

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Starfinder and SFS, having just played my first two mods at Dragon Con. I was looking for games to play at the con, so I went looking for multi-table interactives to play. Why? Because you can't consistently get that kind of experience in a tabletop RPG anywhere else but an OP campaign. I noticed the SFS game 2-00 and signed up.

I played an intro game before that because I wanted a more typical game experience before jumping in to a grand interactive event. I was able to get into an intro mod the afternoon before the special and enjoyed that. Plus I met some locals who run a weekly SFS game! Thanks to Glen who ran that game.

I played the special the next day and really enjoyed it. I loved how it was organized and how it played out. I was hooked! I can't wait to play more SFS. Thanks to Natalie (? I think that was her name, and I apologize if I got that wrong) who ran HQ for part of the con and was the GM I played the special with.

I just wanted to say hello, and I'm looking forward to playing both locally in the Atlanta area and online via Discord.

- Ron Frazier (Dorokama the Survivor a.k.a. Dorokama the Stairmaster)

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Abraham Z - 09-03-2019

Welcome, Ron! Glad you had fun at DragonCon and look forward to seeing you at games here in the Atlanta region. Let us know if you have any questions about how to sign up for games or anything else.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - TheMaskedFerret - 09-03-2019

(09-03-2019, 03:52 PM)animus Wrote: Hey everyone,

I'm new to Starfinder and SFS, having just played my first two mods at Dragon Con. I was looking for games to play at the con, so I went looking for multi-table interactives to play. Why? Because you can't consistently get that kind of experience in a tabletop RPG anywhere else but an OP campaign. I noticed the SFS game 2-00 and signed up.

I played an intro game before that because I wanted a more typical game experience before jumping in to a grand interactive event. I was able to get into an intro mod the afternoon before the special and enjoyed that. Plus I met some locals who run a weekly SFS game! Thanks to Glen who ran that game.

I played the special the next day and really enjoyed it. I loved how it was organized and how it played out. I was hooked! I can't wait to play more SFS. Thanks to Natalie (? I think that was her name, and I apologize if I got that wrong) who ran HQ for part of the con and was the GM I played the special with.

I just wanted to say hello, and I'm looking forward to playing both locally in the Atlanta area and online via Discord.

- Ron Frazier (Dorokama the Survivor a.k.a. Dorokama the Stairmaster)

Welcome Ron! We are glad to have you! Hope to see you on a Tuesday!

Anything we can help with?

- Glen

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Scruffy07 - 09-08-2019

Hello all, my name is John Fuller, and I've been playing PFS in Asheville NC for a bit now. I'm moving to Stockbridge in the coming month and I look forward to joining in some of your games.

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - TheMaskedFerret - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 07:46 PM)Scruffy07 Wrote: Hello all, my name is John Fuller, and I've been playing PFS in Asheville NC for a bit now. I'm moving to Stockbridge in the coming month and I look forward to joining in some of your games.

Welcome to PFS and SFS in Georgia! Looking forward to seeing you around!

RE: Introduce Yourself!!!! - Barathos - 09-09-2019

Hey! I'm Josh Quantock, of about 28 years of age and living in the Douglasville Area (soon to move around Newnan). I'm a big RPG gamer, starting with the Baldur's gate series when I was around 8. I've been doing at-home tabletop with friends for about 6-7 years now and keep having an itch for more tabletop gaming in general, so I played my first PFS game at Dragoncon this year and was given the directions to sign up here! I'm looking forward to gaming with everyone! I'll be scanning the calendar for newbie games to get my character up to snuff!  Big Grin