Georgia Pathfinder Society
[SF] New operative little OP - Printable Version

+- Georgia Pathfinder Society (https://gapfs.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Category (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Pathfinder 1.0 Discussion (https://gapfs.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: [SF] New operative little OP (/showthread.php?tid=114)

[SF] New operative little OP - crobledo - 06-19-2017

So, anyone got a lead of where I can get a 810-sided dice?

[Image: yNzmPJV.jpg]

RE: [SF] New operative little OP - Doonamis - 06-19-2017

Snipers are OP!!!

Damage is going to be really spikey in the new Starfinder I guess.

You can always play on roll20 since you can generate any type of die there. I think I made a d42 the other day.

RE: [SF] New operative little OP - Bartgroks - 06-19-2017

oh man! how much would it suck to roll a 1 on a d810?

RE: [SF] New operative little OP - Doonamis - 06-19-2017

Do you still roll double damage if you crit? Any way to get vital strike on that?

RE: [SF] New operative little OP - pgfrix - 06-19-2017

As a former SW d20 GM (antacids come with the campaign setting), I officially give this sniper the 'capable of killing a tricked out Jedi' cheevo.

RE: [SF] New operative little OP - Bartgroks - 06-20-2017

Also l see looking at the stat block that they appear to be going with M&M convention that your stat bonus is your stat...

RE: [SF] New operative little OP - Doonamis - 06-20-2017

I guess musket masters are still OP in the future

RE: [SF] New operative little OP - dbrain - 06-20-2017

(06-20-2017, 06:41 AM)Bartgroks Wrote: Also l see looking at the stat block that they appear to be going with M&M convention that your stat bonus is your stat...

Yeah, they specifically call out that monsters and NPCs only list their ability modifier, and to assume the lowest possible for that modifier if an actual ability score is needed for some reason. I suspect this may mean that ability damage will be treated differently in SF.

I am happy to see them moving away from every monster being built exactly like a PC. So much space and effort that could be used for better things than making sure the Dino-bug spent all the skill points and feats a 10-HD monster gets.

RE: [SF] New operative little OP - liamfisher - 06-20-2017

(06-19-2017, 08:34 AM)crobledo Wrote: So, anyone got a lead of where I can get a 810-sided dice?
That's 1-810+5 and I've seen how you roll.

RE: [SF] New operative little OP - liamfisher - 06-20-2017

(06-20-2017, 12:10 PM)dbrain Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 06:41 AM)Bartgroks Wrote: Also l see looking at the stat block that they appear to be going with M&M convention that your stat bonus is your stat...

Yeah, they specifically call out that monsters and NPCs only list their ability modifier, and to assume the lowest possible for that modifier if an actual ability score is needed for some reason. I suspect this may mean that ability damage will be treated differently in SF.

I am happy to see them moving away from every monster being built exactly like a PC. So much space and effort that could be used for better things than making sure the Dino-bug spent all the skill points and feats a 10-HD monster gets.

Well, you only use the numbers to generate the + for things.  So really the modifiers are all you need.   Even the stat items boil down to +1, +2 to a modifier.  

I think the only place where you might see a use still is ability damage, if they even do it.